+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
arian_arian said:
I received my Medical Exam today! It also includes the request for RPRF and the proof of fund. :)

Please update the tracker.

Thanks.
congratulations,
what's your time line??
How was the medical test?? What they ask to do? any special preparation needed?

Thanks

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
sia_kb8 said:
Great, can you share your timeline?
Some info is already in the spreadsheet.

I was rejected on May 12, 2014 because of the work experience letter and the stupid "assist" word!

I appealed the decision in the Federal Court on May 26.

I received the settlement offer on July 3 from the Department of justice to re-determine my application!

I updated my ref letter on August 18th.

I received the Medical Exam and RPRF today.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
CEC12 said:
congratulations,
what's your time line??
How was the medical test?? What they ask to do? any special preparation needed?

Thanks
The medical exam was very straight forward. They just asked some general questions about my health and took the samples of my blood and urine. They also got x-ray from my chest.

I just don't know if I need to submit anything to CPC or the doctor will?

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
arian_arian said:
The medical exam was very straight forward. They just asked some general questions about my health and took the samples of my blood and urine. They also got x-ray from my chest.

I just don't know if I need to submit anything to CPC or the doctor will?
Good luck, and hopefully you get the passport request soon.

After your medical, I don't think you have to do anything with CIC. Just wait a week or so and then contact the clinic again to check if they have uploaded your report. Also, double check that they did not find something wrong in your lab results. I read on the CIC website that you can ask the clinic to get a copy from your report. You can ask them if it is possible and please let us know. But anyway, NO, you don't have to contact CIC.

All the best

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
A very Big Congratulation! :)

arian_arian said:

I was rejected on May 12, 2014 because of the work experience letter and the stupid "assist" word!

I received the settlement offer on July 3 from the Department of justice to re-determine my application!

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
CEC12 said:
Good luck, and hopefully you get the passport request soon.

After your medical, I don't think you have to do anything with CIC. Just wait a week or so and then contact the clinic again to check if they have uploaded your report. Also, double check that they did not find something wrong in your lab results. I read on the CIC website that you can ask the clinic to get a copy from your report. You can ask them if it is possible and please let us know. But anyway, NO, you don't have to contact CIC.

All the best
Thank you very much!

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
arian_arian said:

Oh wow! This is awesome.

Regarding the medical, once I had all of my stuff ready I just scanned that medical report page and sent it in with the fee receipt etc.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
sia_kb8 said:
Oh wow! This is awesome.

Regarding the medical, once I had all of my stuff ready I just scanned that medical report page and sent it in with the fee receipt etc.
Thank you! :)

Did your doctor use e-medical service?
My doctor told me you don't need to submit anything. It will be sent electronically by the doctor. Therefore I did not ask him to fill that "MEDICAL REPORT" for me.

Is that fine?!

Thanks guys,

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
arian_arian said:
Thank you! :)

Did your doctor use e-medical service?
My doctor told me you don't need to submit anything. It will be sent electronically by the doctor. Therefore I did not ask him to fill that "MEDICAL REPORT" for me.

Is that fine?!

Thanks guys,
Yes, I did the e-medical stuff. They gave me this form that had "incomplete" in whole bunch of fields which I then scanned and sent. But my ecas was already showing medicals received when I emailed them the requested docs. I guess you don't really need to do anything since your examination is linked to your application file number and UCI.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
sia_kb8 said:
Yes, I did the e-medical stuff. They gave me this form that had "incomplete" in whole bunch of fields which I then scanned and sent. But my ecas was already showing medicals received when I emailed them the requested docs. I guess you don't really need to do anything since your examination is linked to your application file number and UCI.
Thanks my friend.

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
How much did you guys pay for medical exam?!

I paid 270 CAD and the doctor said 160 CAD needs to be in cash!

I was wondering if it was the same for everyone.

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
cantaloupe said:
CEC12 answered all your questions.
But regarding Q2: I guess it's better to check NO as RA is not full-time (for most applicants). You could write a note beside it saying that you have equivalent part time experience.
Oh, is that so? I am in my fourth year now. I am a bit confused here, is it not like my ref letter from supervisor should confirm 33h/wk work experience for my work at university and that is it? should we get more evidence??

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
sydney

Hello all,

I have applied almost three months ago, still no reply from Sydney.
Any one have any information.