+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
arian_arian said:
How much did you guys pay for medical exam?!

I paid 270 CAD and the doctor said 160 CAD needs to be in cash!

I was wondering if it was the same for everyone.
That's a bit much.

$160 (cash) for me as well - it's the fee the doctor charges. Then 55 for the X-ray test. So the total is $215.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
absolute_boy97 said:
Oh, is that so? I am in my fourth year now. I am a bit confused here, is it not like my ref letter from supervisor should confirm 33h/wk work experience for my work at university and that is it? should we get more evidence??
You can do that. But I would strongly recommend claiming less than that for your number of hours. below 25 is safe. Here is why:
Study permit holders do not have any limit as to the number of hours they work ON CAMPUS. However, "full-time study" means attending courses or other program requirements for at least 15 hours per week. It seems as though, based on people's experience, CIC accepts a form of "research assistantship" that is paid for and is reasonably separate from the applicant's studies (more like a part time job!). So, you'd better not claim RA hours more than 40-15=25 hrs/week. There have been people who used >30 hours and slipped through but there have also been a few rejected cases on this forum, only because the visa officer didn't believe those hours could be real for a full time student. In any case, if you claim even 20 hours per week, so long as your employment period is not discontinuous (make that clear in your ref. letter), you will meet the minimum requirement and you'll get at least 9 (or even 11) points for work experience. I hope my explanation clears things up for you. :)

arian_arian

Star Member
Mar 24, 2014
sia_kb8 said:
That's a bit much.

$160 (cash) for me as well - it's the fee the doctor charges. Then 55 for the X-ray test. So the total is $215.
The cost for me was like this:

$160 Doctor charges
$60 X-ray
$50 Blood test

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Bobrovsky1 said:
Landed today. The journey is finally over. Thanks everyone on this forum for your help.

bky
Congrats! Would you please share your landing experience? Also where did you land?

mengoose

Aug 10, 2012
Jubayer said:
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Jubayer
I received my police record check and medical requests last Thursday and Friday. I am in the process of collecting my police records. In the meantime, I have a question: my current visa for entering Canada will expire on Nov 30, can I use the landing visa to reenter Canada if I leave for home for Christmas? I am thinking of landing at the airport when I return. Or do I have to apply for a visa to be safe? Many thanks!

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
Hi guys. I have just returned from my conference. I have sent my passport last week and waiting for the VISA.
I will be landing in the Niagara Falls. Any tips for it? What I should have with me? I have valid USA VISA.

Secondly, it says that to get the PR card, it takes 6-8 weeks. But what is the normal time to get it especially in Ontario region?

Thanks.

Saph

Feb 17, 2014
Hi Guys,

I received a request for medical examination on "SEP 11th". I called the panel Dr in my area. the earliest appointment time I could find was "OCT 6th". The Dr is on vacation now. Do you think is ok I wait till OCT 6th or better to go to another city to do my medical examinations faster? Thank you for your help, in advance.

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
Saph said:
Hi Guys,

I received a request for medical examination on "SEP 11th". I called the panel Dr in my area. the earliest appointment time I could find was "OCT 6th". The Dr is on vacation now. Do you think is ok I wait till OCT 6th or better to go to another city to do my medical examinations faster? Thank you for your help, in advance.
Congratulation! When did you submit your application? 8JAN2014, or 30JAN2014?

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Saph said:
Hi Guys,

Just go to a nearby town/city and get it done.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
aalm said:
Hi guys. I have just returned from my conference. I have sent my passport last week and waiting for the VISA.
I will be landing in the Niagara Falls. Any tips for it? What I should have with me? I have valid USA VISA.

Secondly, it says that to get the PR card, it takes 6-8 weeks. But what is the normal time to get it especially in Ontario region?

Thanks.
~two weeks in the GTA

Fid0

Sep 16, 2014
Hey guys,
Quick question: Has anyone needed to submit supplementary documents after being requested for Medical and RPRF? Does Med and RPRF mean that most of the things were done?
My main concern is about Police clearance, it will take months if they require it as we have no embassy here in Canada. I requested on just before coming to Canada and sent it with my documents (after 24 month of being here and not leaving Canada).
Thanks

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Just got another batch of GCMS report.

-They do grant the adaptability points for in-progress PhD, for post May-2013 applicants.

-They do grant adaptability points for relatives in Canada (provided enough supporting docs are submitted).

-They do grant points for full-time work experience if the RA hours exceed 30 hrs/wk.

I actually ended up with 76 pts! Somewhere in the notes an officer had asked for my CV and PhD info but somehow that request was never made to me!