waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Viva2014 said:
Can you please tell us whether Ottawa has also awarded you 5 points of adaptability for 2 years of PhD study (not finishing the program)?
My GCM note doesnt say anything about eligibiity. My total point from CIO was 80 which incuded 5 points for PhD study. There was not any updates from CPC except my RCMP was done. My GCM says my eligibility was due on January 2015.

However, my RPRF email clearly states I passed the eligibility. No clues yet about whether CPC also awarde points for PhD study.

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
CEC12 said:
Any help?
Did you get a request from CPC-Ottawa? My friend did that and it worked for him. But you never know what they really need :( It is so random.

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
CEC12 said:
I am just wondering, is bank estatement with just first and last name (no middle names, no phone, no address), stamped from the bank is accepted as a proof of fund??
rogelio said:
Did you get a request from CPC-Ottawa? My friend did that and it worked for him. But you never know what they really need :( It is so random.
Yes, they asked me 2 weeks ago to submit a proof of fund with the bank account activity for the last six month. What I did is that I printed the statements from online banking, stamped from the bank branch, scanned, and emailed to CIC. The statements just show my first and last name (nothing else) with my account details. I was wondering if this is OK or have I to send something else?

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
Hi CEC12,

Would you please share your timeline?

CEC12 said:
Yes, they asked me 2 weeks ago to submit a proof of fund with the bank account activity for the last six month. What I did is that I printed the statements from online banking, stamped from the bank branch, scanned, and emailed to CIC. The statements just show my first and last name (nothing else) with my account details. I was wondering if this is OK or have I to send something else?

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
vivi said:
Hi CEC12,

Would you please share your timeline?
Application sent: February 3, 2014
File number: March 13, 2014
Proof of fund request: September 2, 2014
CPP-O visa office
PhD stream

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
CEC12 said:
As I told, It worked for my friend, it may work for you or may not. Anyways, there is no reason to worry, they cannot reject you because they simply don't like it. They didn't provide details for what they want to see after all. Worst comes to worst, they will email you again. This is my opinion, though.

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
rogelio said:
As I told, It worked for my friend, it may work for you or may not. Anyways, there is no reason to worry, they cannot reject you because they simply don't like it. They didn't provide details for what they want to see after all. Worst comes to worst, they will email you again. This is my opinion, though.
You are so pessimistic 8) , just kidding :)
Have you been rejected before?
I think there are rules but yes as you said, it depends on the officer...All the best for all of us :)

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
CEC12 said:
You are so pessimistic 8) , just kidding :)
Have you been rejected before?
I think there are rules but yes as you said, it depends on the officer...All the best for all of us :)
Nope:) And I don't want to be 8). The reason why I seem to be pessimistic is that I have met people whose applications were returned with all the required documents having been provided and vice versa, that is, people passed eligibility with something missing (this happens not so often, though, and this 'something' is a minor thing).

vivi

Jan 1, 2014
CEC12 said:
Application sent: February 3, 2014
File number: March 13, 2014
Proof of fund request: September 2, 2014
CPP-O visa office
PhD stream

WOW! So I have to get an email from CIC soon. I got my file number on March 10, 2014

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
rogelio said:
Nope:) And I don't want to be 8). The reason why I seem to be pessimistic is that I have met people whose applications were returned with all the required documents having been provided and vice versa, that is, people passed eligibility with something missing (this happens not so often, though, and this 'something' is a minor thing).
You're right. They are very picky now

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
vivi said:
WOW! So I have to get an email from CIC soon. I got my file number on March 10, 2014
I am not sure if my request is a good sign or not. I think the reason behind that is that I submitted just 3 month statements in the beginning. The first two of them was below the threshold but the third was OK. I just submitted three to show my account is building up normally. So, they might need to double check that I still have this amount till now. In other words, I think it has no +ve or -ve sign,

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
I got my medical today.

Please update my tracker as;

RPRF: 09 September 2014
Medical Request: 10 Sep 2014

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
CEC12 said:
I am just wondering, is bank estatement with just first and last name (no middle names, no phone, no address), stamped from the bank is accepted as a proof of fund??
Yes. That is definitely an acceptable proof of funds. If they need anything extraordinary, like a formal letter from your bank, in case they suspect a fraud or something, they explicitly mention it in their message.

Also: it's a good sign that you're being asked for proof of funds, as normally the long waiting period after you get your file # is just your case is in queue before Ottawa people open it!

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
cantaloupe said:
Yes. That is definitely an acceptable proof of funds. If they need anything extraordinary, like a formal letter from your bank, in case they suspect a fraud or something, they explicitly mention it in their message.

Also: it's a good sign that you're being asked for proof of funds, as normally the long waiting period after you get your file # is just your case is in queue before Ottawa people open it!
Thanks a lot for ypur helpful and promising reply. I hope to hear somehing good soon. Thanks again

Sep 3, 2014
My status has changed to Decision made and I am the applicant from Quebec. I was just wondering if this is a bad sign meaning that I'm rejected. Could they make decision before a medical exam. I'm so stressed.