+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
pishvaz said:
Hi mamali,

This morning I was requested to submit an explanation for the exemption from the military service. The officer asked me: Details of military service: On the IMM5669 form, you answered that you have not served any military service. Please explain why you were exempt from conscription. As I was exempted due to continuing my study outside of Iran, I am wondering what did you answer to this question in your case.

I really appreciate it any suggestions by other folks as well.

Application reached CIO: 6 Jan. 2014
PER issued: 21 Feb 2014
Document Request : 05 Sept. 2014
Number of people: 1
This what the Canadian Embassy in Tehran used to ask for as well. What I did back then was I provided the translated version of letter that the General Military Service Organization (Nezam-e-Vazife) had written to Ministry of Science and Education (Vezarat-e-Oloom). If you left the country legally, you should have a copy of this yourself and there also is copy of this in your file in Ministry of Science and Education in Forsat Street. You can send a relative to grab a copy and stuff.

I guess they did have a copy of that letter still on my file since they did not even ask for one when I applied for PR.

pishvaz

Sep 5, 2014
sia_kb8 said:
This what the Canadian Embassy in Tehran used to ask for as well. What I did back then was I provided the translated version of letter that the General Military Service Organization (Nezam-e-Vazife) had written to Ministry of Science and Education (Vezarat-e-Oloom). If you left the country legally, you should have a copy of this yourself and there also is copy of this in your file in Ministry of Science and Education in Forsat Street. You can send a relative to grab a copy and stuff.

I guess they did have a copy of that letter still on my file since they did not even ask for one when I applied for PR.
Hi sia_kb8,
Thank you for your suggestion. Actually, I put it on my files when I applied for the visa. BTW, I 'll use that latter to write a descent explanation of my exemption.

paraview

Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/12/2013
AOR Received.
05/02/2013
File Transfer...
17/02/2013
Med's Request
06/09/2014
Med's Done....
11/09/2014
Passport Req..
30/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/10/2014
ME & RPRF received today! Ecas still only shows "received". GCMS was ordered by the end of July, still hasn't received yet

ta_2014

Aug 19, 2014
pishvaz said:
Hi sia_kb8,
Thank you for your suggestion. Actually, I put it on my files when I applied for the visa. BTW, I 'll use that latter to write a descent explanation of my exemption.
Hi Pishvaz,

Did you got the medical as well as Doc request or just Doc request? I appreciate if you explain how you will explain this as I may be asked same thing.

yahia.eldemerdash

Oct 18, 2013
Did anyone applied after May 1st 2014 receive PER? and what is the timeline for those applicants under this stream. I can see another forum for 2014 applicants, but that one does not include PhD stream.

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
yahia.eldemerdash said:
Did anyone applied after May 1st 2014 receive PER? and what is the timeline for those applicants under this stream. I can see another forum for 2014 applicants, but that one does not include PhD stream.
Well, you should expect the PR fee charged in January 2015 :( (according to FSW 2014 spreadsheet), and hopefully you will get PER around that time. As far as I understand, they are experiencing a high volume of applications these days.

tandysony

Apr 17, 2014
I was travelling in China for a month that I did not come to this forum. Good news, I got my medical request on July 19, and my passport request on August 13, 2014. But not until August 29, 2014 had I submitted my passport after I finished my traveling. I am now waiting for my PR Visa. ;) Please someone updates my status. Thanks,

I have one question: Do they update on ECAS when they receive a passport? My passport has arrived but no updates on ECAS. And, the tracking number for the returning envelope has not yet been used ~~~ :'(

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Guys, I NEED YOUR HELP.

I recently submitted my application to CIO-Sydney.

And now I started worrying about it. I am afraid they may return my application because it may be treated as incomplete.

Here are my questions.

1) Schedule 3. Question 5. I only selected 'NO' for the first part of it, and left the other field blank. Now I see that I should have put NA in that part. What did you do?
2) Schedule 3. Question 12 b). Did you provide a job description in the left column under 'from to occupation ...'? The form does not ask for it, but the guide DOES. I did NOT mention anything, because it seemed to me that the details are in reference letters.
3) PhD attestation letter. Did anyone get PER without the letter being in a sealed envelope? Mine has university stamp, letterhead and a signature of the Dean of Graduate studies.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
please, share your experience. I don't know what to do know.

rogelio said:
Guys, I NEED YOUR HELP.

And now I started worrying about it. I am afraid they may return my application because it may be treated as incomplete.

Here are my questions.

1) Schedule 3. Question 5. I only selected 'NO' for the first part of it, and left the other field blank. Now I see that I should have put NA in that part. What did you do?
2) Schedule 3. Question 12 b). Did you provide a job description in the left column under 'from to occupation ...'? The form does not ask for it, but the guide DOES. I did NOT mention anything, because it seemed to me that the details are in reference letters.
3) PhD attestation letter. Did anyone get PER without the letter being in a sealed envelope? Mine has university stamp, letterhead and a signature of the Dean of Graduate studies.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
rogelio said:
Guys, I NEED YOUR HELP.

Here are my questions.

I dont think you need to be worried. Almost none of applicants did those actions.

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
rogelio said:
Guys, I NEED YOUR HELP.

Here are my questions.

No worries, I did almost all you mentioned here and got the file number.
1) I did the same as you
2) do you mean the job duties on the RIGHT column??
3) Yes, I submitted the letter, not sealed.

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
CEC12 said:
2) do you mean the job duties on the RIGHT column??
I DID provide the duties. The guide says "write a description of your occupation". I thought we are supposed to provide a short description of that job on the LEFT under "from to occupation noc". There is an empty box on that side.

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
rogelio said:
I DID provide the duties. The guide says "write a description of your occupation". I thought we are supposed to provide a short description of that job on the LEFT under "from to occupation noc".
how comes? this part is not editable, is it?

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
CEC12 said:
how comes? this part is not editable, is it?
That's right, but this form is not supposed to be filled electronically. Or, maybe, they meant a job title by "job description".

CEC12

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
rogelio said:
That's right, but this form is not supposed to be filled electronically. Or, maybe, they meant a job title by "job description".
I think you are OK. you don't have to write in this part. you should have the letters with full details as well. No worries and good luck