+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
Yes. Right

I got letters for TA during the Fall and winter (12 hours/week).

How much RA hours should my supervisor write for me to be safe in both:
i) Fall and Winter (along with 12hours/week TA ).

ii) Summer (with no TA).

chakri264 said:
The second copy is 50CAD. But initially you had to pay 550CAD right?

paraview

Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPPO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/12/2013
AOR Received.
05/02/2013
File Transfer...
17/02/2013
Med's Request
06/09/2014
Med's Done....
11/09/2014
Passport Req..
30/09/2014
VISA ISSUED...
14/10/2014
It seems that after the thunderstorm of ME during July (application from Jun. to Oct. 2013) the VOs are all going for vacation now in August :-[

PLEASE hit me, my ME and RPRF!

happymoose

Jul 31, 2014
happymoose said:

1. I got only 5 adaptability points by Sydney office while my spouse and I both provided more than 2 years of education in Canada, plus IELTS of 7.5 for both, plus more than two years of TA/RA each!
Our application is in Ottawa right now. Should I send any request to CPC-Ottawa to reconsider my total points? (Although we met the 67 by Sydney)

2. Is it possible to update my IMM0008 form when it is in Ottawa. I want to change my primary occupation NOC code in question 12 to 4012. Because although I provided Sydney more than 3 years of experience in my home country (with lots of supporting docs) and more than 2 years of TA/RA in Canada but Sydney gave me only 9 points in total (= 1 year) only under primary NOC!
Do you think it is better for me to change the primary NOC to 4012 (to proceed with my TA/RA)? If so, how can I update IMM0008?

chakri264 said:
1. Claiming/Awarding points for more than 2 years of education has been controversial and nobody knows on which grounds Sydney award those points. In certain cases sydney did not award those points but Ottawa did. So you can wait or you can just write a letter about it to Ottawa and ask them to add that letter to your file. So that the officer can have a look at it while assessing your file.
2. You can send an updated schedule-3 along with the letter I mentioned above and make sure that you give an explanation why you want to update schedule-3. At the same time explain about the points that you are entitled to receive for 2 years of education in Canada.
Thank you chakri264, I will send a letter and will keep this post updated if I had any success or not!

By the way, how can I add my info into the tracker?

Cheers

wintercolder

May 7, 2013
Hi guys,

I have done the medical test on July 22, but still get no change on my application status...
Is it normal, or I need to contact someone inquiring the case? Thanks

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
wintercolder said:
Hi guys,

I have done the medical test on July 22, but still get no change on my application status...
Was it e-medical or the paper-based stuff?

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
I did on 25th, no update too.
Most probably they update this in every two weeks.

wintercolder said:
Hi guys,

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
I have Q from those who applied for the 2nd or 3rd time.

For documents that we already submitted once in the first applcation, such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, transcripts, etc., should we submit documents again, or we can refer to the previous application where they presumably already have them?

Is there any expiry date for official translations? For example, is it OK to submit a birth certificate that was translated 4 years ago?

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
PhD_Chemistry said:
I got an ECA from PEBC for 50 CAD. I am not including the NOC for pharmacist (3131). I will only include 4012 NOC....will that ECA work?

I have done the Evaluating Exam only.
Hi PhD_Chemistry,

Sorry that I missed this post.

you can still submit the ECA report from PEBC regardless of whether you include experience under NOC-3131 in your PR application. Because PEBC is designated by CIC to evaluate the documents. Please check this link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

If you are still doubted, give CIC a call and inquire. Good Luck.

Jun zheng

May 15, 2014
vasyok said:
You will need to wait at least 2 months. Check the FSW 2014 thread on this forum (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2014-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here-t199004.0.html) - CIO is now working on mid-May applicants.

After 8-10 weeks you can ping CIO via email and ask about your application.
Hello, Vasyok. Thanks for your information. How did you know CIO working on mid-May now from the excel sheet?
I saw the last one is April 2014 and there is no progress on it. but it cashed within one month.

From the Excel, it seems CIO cash the application fees within 30 days, but now I have been waiting for 40 days.........do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jun zheng said:
Hello, Vasyok. Thanks for your information. How did you know CIO working on mid-May now from the excel sheet?
I saw the last one is April 2014 and there is no progress on it. but it cashed within one month.

From the Excel, it seems CIO cash the application fees within 30 days, but now I have been waiting for 40 days.........do you have any suggestions? Thanks.
Go to their tracker (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11gAbKSoDoOr1s8_raB1qwz0i-ZH0NyNWhhn18O6kHwQ) -> Charts tab -> the second chart "Applications by received date and current status"
You will see that there are charges (not PERs) up to May 13, 2014.

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
civil656 said:
Hi Karahona,

What is your status in ecas?
Mine is "decision made" and I have not been contacted yet (almost one week after decision made). I just want to know that anyone else has the same position?
It's still "In Process".

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
TA/RA has the same NOC code. So it should be combined as its the same job.
The only problem that I find is that TA is not continuous always like in summer some students do not have any TA. So how they canculate the total hours that's a big question.

PhD_Chemistry said:
Guys does anybody know if CIC combine hours of TA and hours of RA to count for the 1 year experience?