+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
aalm said:
I have seen many students submitted application without a single copy notarized or certified.
As the cost is higher, people avoid it.

But the right procedure (according to CIC) that you submit notarized/certified copy of each and every document that is a photocopy of the original.

In the checklist they asked for "copies" for everything and "copies" means they have to be notarized or certified.
How you will submit, its totally up to you.
Only the original documents that are NOT in English or French need certified copies (along with their official translation). regular copies are good enough for English (or French) documents unless they have asked for the originals like ECA report or English test results, etc.

cantaloupe

Star Member
Jul 25, 2014
Ontario
absolute_boy97 said:
guys, is it 33hr/wk or 37.5 hrs/week that my supervisor should put in the letter??
If you're a full time student and you're asking about RA work experience: it's not safe to claim more than 25 hrs per week, but make sure the sum of your continuous work period equals at least one full time year.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aalm said:
Two weeks have been passed, there is no update of my medical in e-cas.
Do you know when the clinic uploaded the results of your exam?

Aug 3, 2014
After about two weeks, my status is not changed either. Based on ECAS, It is not known if they have received the medical results or not. I called my doctor's office. They say that they have uploaded the results.

aalm

Star Member
Jul 8, 2013
They uploaded the results on August 2.

someone_who_is_here said:
After about two weeks, my status is not changed either. Based on ECAS, It is not known if they have received the medical results or not. I called my doctor's office. They say that they have uploaded the results.

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aalm said:
They uploaded the results on August 2.
It's been only 4 business days. I think you will hear from them on Monday or Tuesday.

civil656

Oct 7, 2013
karanoha said:
Nothing so far ..!!! still waiting...
Hi Karahona,

What is your status in ecas?
Mine is "decision made" and I have not been contacted yet (almost one week after decision made). I just want to know that anyone else has the same position?

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
Hi All,

I am applying for PR soon, and I need your advice.
I got letters for TA during the Fall and winter (12 hours/week).

How much RA hours should my supervisor write for me to be safe in both:
i) Fall and Winter (along with TA).

ii) Summer (with no TA).

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
Hi Erfan1985,

Where did you get your ECA report from?
I am a pharmacist and applying in the PhD stream. Do you know if I can get my ECA report from the PEBC (Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada)?

Note: PEBC do it for people applying as pharmacits (NOC 3131).

erfan1985 said:
hey guys,

I am eligible to apply under both categories of family physician (1000 cap- no application yet) and PhD Stream. Which category do you think is faster or I ll have a better chance?

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
PhD_Chemistry said:
Hi Erfan1985,

Where did you get your ECA report from?
I am a pharmacist and applying in the PhD stream. Do you know if I can get my ECA report from the PEBC (Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada)?

Note: PEBC do it for people applying as pharmacits (NOC 3131).

If you did the document evaluation with PEBC for evaluating examination, you are exempted to produce ECA report from WES. You can send the confirmation that you received from PEBC along with your PR application as a proof of credential evaluation. You have already wasted 550CAD there with PEBC. No need to waste 250 more for ECA. :)

By the way which stage of licensing are you at? Evaluating examination or qualifying examination or already licenced to practice?

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Guys, I feel like most people here do NOT use 4012 as their primary NOC :( Maybe I got a wrong impression, because I've been registered in this forum for a month only. Were there any successful applicants who got PR with RA/TA experience *from Canada* ONLY? Can you refer me to any specific case?

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
rogelio said:
Guys, I feel like most people here do NOT use 4012 as their primary NOC :( Maybe I got a wrong impression, because I've been registered on this forum for a month only. Were there any successful applicants who got PR with RA/TA experience *from Canada* ONLY? Can you refer me to any specific case?
I have been following this forum for months, and yes, in this forum and some PhD students around me could get their PR with just 4012. You should make sure that your main duties covers 80% of that of NOC, and make sure using the magic word "assist".

PhD_Chemistry

Jul 18, 2014
I got an ECA from PEBC for 50 CAD. I am not including the NOC for pharmacist (3131). I will only include 4012 NOC....will that ECA work?

I have done the Evaluating Exam only.

chakri264 said:
If you did the document evaluation with PEBC for evaluating examination, you are exempted to produce ECA report from WES. You can send the confirmation that you received from PEBC along with your PR application as a proof of credential evaluation. You have already wasted 550CAD there with PEBC. No need to waste 250 more for ECA. :)

By the way which stage of licensing are you at? Evaluating examination or qualifying examination or already licenced to practice?

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
PhD_Chemistry said:
I got an ECA from PEBC for 50 CAD. I am not including the NOC for pharmacist (3131). I will only include 4012 NOC....will that ECA work?

I have done the Evaluating Exam only.
The second copy is 50CAD. But initially you had to pay 550CAD right?