+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

gleb

Aug 5, 2012
vasyok said:
Hmm... Did they ask you to email the rprf receipt to CPCO-Cost-recovery or to mail it to the provided address? What is the ID of an officer in your email?
Wow, things are getting really interesting.

1) I was asked to email the receipt.
2) I can't find an officer ID. There is no indication from whom it could be.
At the end it says "Sincerely, Case Processing Centre - Ottawa"

civil656

Oct 7, 2013
sia_kb8 said:
Can people check and see who their officer was in the RPRF email? We would like to compare to the emails that we got. I just posted mine a couple posts up.

Looks like they've changed the language of the RPRF email.
For me it's:
Attention: Program Assistant DB00204 – CPC-O

Case Processing Center - Ottawa

219 Laurier Avenue West

7th Floor, Section B

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
chakri264 said:
I got 4 GCMS files so far using privacy act and never paid anything. Not only me, most of the members here apply under privacy act and get the GCMS for free. If you select "Access to information act" they will charge you 5 dollars. While coming to Physical file or electronic...it is electronic. If you choose physical file they will just scan your whole application and send it to you which you already have a copy with you while applying. I accidentally once chose physical file and they sent me scanned copy of my application.

Technically they take same time to process under the two acts which is approximately a month.
Great, thank you so much for the information. I will prepare my application for GCMS today and mail it.

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
civil656 said:
For me it's:
Attention: Program Assistant DB00204 – CPC-O

Case Processing Center - Ottawa

219 Laurier Avenue West

7th Floor, Section B

Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
I ordered a set of GCMS note 3 days before I got the email. I am not sure if I can order another GCMS note before I actually receive the one I ordered. Can you order one and figure out if you passed eligibility?

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sia_kb8 said:
I ordered a set of GCMS note 3 days before I got the email. I am not sure if I can order another GCMS note before I actually receive the one I ordered. Can you order one and figure out if you passed eligibility?
I will receive my gcms notes around July 28, though I do not think that there will be anything new. I will send a new request right after that.

AmberImm

Mar 19, 2014
chakri264 said:
It is kind of normal. Check your spam folders for PER email from Sydney. Has your credit card been charged yet?
Hey Chakri264, Thanks. There is no email in my spam email, and CIC hasn't charged me :(. I guess I have to just wait. Thanks again!

Bobrovsky1

Dec 31, 2013
Just a quick question guys. So when we get the medical and RPRF request, does that mean they are not going to ask for any more documents like CV, Publications, funds, supervisor info etc etc ?

Jubayer

Jul 5, 2012
Bobrovsky1 said:
Just a quick question guys. So when we get the medical and RPRF request, does that mean they are not going to ask for any more documents like CV, Publications, funds, supervisor info etc etc ?
Most probably, no. But I would strongly suggest to maintain your funds until you land.

Jubayer

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bobrovsky1 said:
If they mentioned that you passed eligibility (like they did in gleb's case), I would say that they are likely not to ask for any documents. However, you still have to maintain enough money in your account, cause you might be asked to show it at the time of landing.

Could you tell us the wording of your RPRF request?

Bobrovsky1

Dec 31, 2013
vasyok said:
If they mentioned that you passed eligibility (like they did in gleb's case), I would say that they are likely not to ask for any documents. However, you still have to maintain enough money in your account, cause you might be asked to show it at the time of landing.

Could you tell us the wording of your RPRF request?
It didnt see anywhere about passing the eligibility. So I guess I should be cautious.

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Hey guys,

Do you know which Immigration Office I should choose in the Generic Application Form ( IMM0008ENU_2D) ?

On the application guide it says the following

"Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:

your country of nationality, or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.

Note: Do not select the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above."

I have been living in Canada for a long time. Also I will probably be here for atleast a year and then I will get a 3 years of work permit after I graduate.

However when I try to see the immigration office on this page

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#c

It says check your application guide. "See your application instruction guide to find out where to submit your application"

So both of these places are asking me to look at the other one.

What should I do in this case ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Bobrovsky1

Dec 31, 2013
zedd4x said:
Hey guys,

Do you know which Immigration Office I should choose in the Generic Application Form ( IMM0008ENU_2D) ?

On the application guide it says the following

"Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:

your country of nationality, or
the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.

Note: Do not select the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above."

I have been living in Canada for a long time. Also I will probably be here for atleast a year and then I will get a 3 years of work permit after I graduate.

However when I try to see the immigration office on this page

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#c

It says check your application guide. "See your application instruction guide to find out where to submit your application"

So both of these places are asking me to look at the other one.

What should I do in this case ?

Thanks a lot for your help.
CPP Ottawa

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
vasyok said:
I will receive my gcms notes around July 28, though I do not think that there will be anything new. I will send a new request right after that.
Congrats to all those who recieved their medical and RPRF. I am fingercrossed, hope I will get mine soon.

VasyoK and Joshi 123:

I can see that you guys included RA as well as other experience. I put other experience as main occupation as I had more than 4 yrs experience and I did not care about wording of RA letter and I also said that my all RAs count towards PhD dissertations. Therefore my only experience is experience from back home NOC 2123. But the thing is my duties dont perfectly match the duties described for 2123.

I can see both of you guys included other experience as well. Do you know whether they awarded points for other experience too. Can you guys post or send me in my mailbox your NOC and job duties of experience other than RA. You can just delete all the pesonal details. That will give me idea of how close our duties and NOC duties list need to be.

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
Hi Fellas,

I once applied under PhD stream and got rejected for the same reason as almost all others: work experience. Now I am applying again with modified job letters, but as of May 1, 2014, the new rule says that for FSW your job experience should be in one of eligible occupations, in which there is no NOC4012 (TA and RA):

Does this mean that RA/TA is not counted as job experience anymore?

Moreover, I am defending in 1-2 months, and I'll having my Canadian degree. Regarding assessing educational documents the CIC website says:
"If you are only submitting a Canadian educational credential, you do not need to do this."

Does this mean that if you have a Canadian PhD, you don't need to provide assessed MS and BSc anymore? Has anybody applied with a PhD degree under the new regulation?

Bobrovsky1

Dec 31, 2013
s-r-z said:
Hi Fellas,

I once applied under PhD stream and got rejected for the same reason as almost all others: work experience. Now I am applying again with modified job letters, but as of May 1, 2014, the new rule says that for FSW your job experience should be in one of eligible occupations, in which there is no NOC4012 (TA and RA):

Does this mean that RA/TA is not counted as job experience anymore?

Moreover, I am defending in 1-2 months, and I'll having my Canadian degree. Regarding assessing educational documents the CIC website says:
"If you are only submitting a Canadian educational credential, you do not need to do this."

Does this mean that if you have a Canadian PhD, you don't need to provide assessed MS and BSc anymore? Has anybody applied with a PhD degree under the new regulation?
If you have canadian degree then you dont need to do ECA. Just send proof of degree for your PhD and photocopies of M.Sc and B.Sc.