+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
s-r-z said:
Hi Fellas,

I once applied under PhD stream and got rejected for the same reason as almost all others: work experience. Now I am applying again with modified job letters, but as of May 1, 2014, the new rule says that for FSW your job experience should be in one of eligible occupations, in which there is no NOC4012 (TA and RA):

Does this mean that RA/TA is not counted as job experience anymore?

Moreover, I am defending in 1-2 months, and I'll having my Canadian degree. Regarding assessing educational documents the CIC website says:
"If you are only submitting a Canadian educational credential, you do not need to do this."

Does this mean that if you have a Canadian PhD, you don't need to provide assessed MS and BSc anymore? Has anybody applied with a PhD degree under the new regulation?
For the first question, I do not know what the source are you using. According to CIC website, you need to have at least one year of full time work experience (or equivalent part time) in Skill type 0, or level A or B and it includes RA/TA (NOC 4012). So, they still accept RA/TA.

For the second question, if you provide evidence for your Canadian PhD degree, there is no need for ECA.

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Hi all,

another question from me :) . The checklist says you must provide a current bank certification letter. What is meant by current? Can the letter be issued 1 month before the aplicaton? 1 week? 10 weeks?
I am going to apply in September and wanna get it now since I will be busy late August.

Any thoughts?

Bobrovsky1

Dec 31, 2013
rogelio said:
Hi all,

another question from me :) . The checklist says you must provide a current bank certification letter. What is meant by current? Can the letter be issued 1 month before the aplicaton? 1 week? 10 weeks?
I am going to apply in September and wanna get it now since I will be busy late August.

Any thoughts?
well according to me couple of weeks old letter would work but one month old will probably not do good to your application. latest the better. this is just my opinion.

BKY

RA_toronto

Star Member
Jun 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
File Transfer...
06-12-2013
Med's Request
14-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Passport Req..
12-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-09-2014
LANDED..........
08-10-2014
Mine says:

"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:

- Updated evidence of settlement funds (showing 6 months deposits/ withdrawals history) for yourself with a minimum of 11 824$ CAD.
- Medical examination for yourself ...
- Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for yourself ... (instructions how to pay online)
Please submit the requested documents/fees to the following address:

Attention: Program Assistant RS9928 – CPC-O
Case Processing Center - Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Please note... (explains that documents needs to be English/French, and I need to send the documents in 60 days)

All e-mail enquiries should be sent to the following address only:
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

vasyok said:
Got RPRF and medical requests (actually they sent RPRF request almost 1.5 hour after the medical). Admins, please update the tracker.

After-May-2013 applicants, what is the wording of your RPRF/medical requests? I do not have a single word about passing eligibility in my emails. Did they mention that you passed eligibility? I have a feeling that CIC simply made an officer go through the applications and request “missing” documents. Is it possible that they ask for RPRF/medical before assessing eligibility?

Here is the email that I received:

"In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
- Payment of Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for yourself ... (instructions how to pay online)

Attention: Program Assistant DB00204 – CPC-O
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1"

Thanks

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
RA_toronto said:
Mine says:

- Updated evidence of settlement funds (showing 6 months deposits/ withdrawals history) for yourself with a minimum of 11 824$ CAD.

Attention: Program Assistant RS9928 – CPC-O
219 Laurier Avenue West
7th Floor, Section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1

Please note... (explains that documents needs to be English/French, and I need to send the documents in 60 days)

All e-mail enquiries should be sent to the following address only:
CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca
Mine was written by Program Assistant DB00204.

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
I did my medicals today. The results should be up in 7-10 days. I just need to pay the RPRF and scanned pages of my renewed passport.

s-r-z

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
Viva2014 said:
According to CIC website, you need to have at least one year of full time work experience (or equivalent part time) in Skill type 0, or level A or B and it includes RA/TA (NOC 4012). So, they still accept RA/TA.
Thanks Bobrovsky1 and Viva2014 for replies.

I read on this forum that some people got rejected because they claimed 40 h/week of RA/TA, while the officer argued "what time was spent to their study as they should be full time students" or "the time spent for studying toward a degree is not counted as job experience" and they were rejected. After that, many applicants prepared letters of 20-30 h/week for RA/TA to take care of conflict with the full time student hours.
My understanding is that a full time student must have at least 20 h/week for his/her study.
Does it mean the maximum hours to be claimed on TA/RA letters should be 20-30 h (considering one may work on weekends to compensate the study hours)?

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
s-r-z said:
Thanks Bobrovsky1 and Viva2014 for replies.

I read on this forum that some people got rejected because they claimed 40 h/week of RA/TA, while the officer argued "what time was spent to their study as they should be full time students" or "the time spent for studying toward a degree is not counted as job experience" and they were rejected. After that, many applicants prepared letters of 20-30 h/week for RA/TA to take care of conflict with the full time student hours.
My understanding is that a full time student must have at least 20 h/week for his/her study.
Does it mean the maximum hours to be claimed on TA/RA letters should be 20-30 h (considering one may work on weekends to compensate the study hours)?
You are very welcome. If you look at the website you will see that the minimum number of hours for study should be 15hrs per week.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Just received my passport with a visa and COPR in Canada post. Will do the landing Soon. :)

Bobrovsky1

Dec 31, 2013
Viva2014 said:
You are very welcome. If you look at the website you will see that the minimum number of hours for study should be 15hrs per week.
In my RA letter I mentioned 20 hours per week for fall and winter term and 30 hours per week during spring/summer. And this makes sense to me. During fall and winter if you are showing 40 hours RA and probably 10 hours TA per week and you are a full time student and need to take courses and study. This is just looks fishy. Its hard to convince that you are doing that much work in a week. But some people got accepted even with 40 hours/week RA. I am not sure there TA is included in this 40 hours or not. I had TA separately with 10 hours per week. so during Fall and winter I was working 30 hours in total per week. This looks acceptable.
Opinion may vary person to person. If you think you can justify 40 hour RA per week, then go with it.

Viva2014

Jun 10, 2014
Bobrovsky1 said:
In my RA letter I mentioned 20 hours per week for fall and winter term and 30 hours per week during spring/summer. And this makes sense to me. During fall and winter if you are showing 40 hours RA and probably 10 hours TA per week and you are a full time student and need to take courses and study. This is just looks fishy. Its hard to convince that you are doing that much work in a week. But some people got accepted even with 40 hours/week RA. I am not sure there TA is included in this 40 hours or not. I had TA separately with 10 hours per week. so during Fall and winter I was working 30 hours in total per week. This looks acceptable.
Opinion may vary person to person. If you think you can justify 40 hour RA per week, then go with it.
It means that in some semester you were working 30 hours and in others 40 hours per week (30hours for RA+ 10hours for TA)? So, working full time and being full time student simultaneously do not make any problem.