Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
I just found this post by a member in this forum. (Cited from a post by Koshari)

http://i.imgur.com/w0sBtZ4.png

P.S: The mailing address in the above link may not be the up-to-date mailing address. Please consider checking CIC website for the up-to-date mailing address.

Hope this helps!

chakri264 said:
Perfect. Thanks for the quick response. I will find my way to Canada post outlet today.

gleb

Aug 5, 2012
Some updates.

Got a RPRF on the 8th of July and medical on the 9th of July.
No document requests so far, maybe it's because in May I proactively submitted recent a 6 months bank history and a new police certificate from my home country.

Jubayer

Jul 5, 2012
BC_PhD said:
Guys,

My family has submitted an application under PhD stream in March 2013. We have completed our medical exams and paid the right of permanent residence in May 2014. In June, we had the "ready for visa" email which we sent out our passports right away.

Today, one month after sending our passports to CPP-Ottawa, they have returned our passports along with a note that our application is not yet finalized, therefore they return our passports!

We have no idea what does that mean! Does it mean that they have rejected us? Does anybody encounter something like this before?
Please help guys!

The e-case still showing decision made.
Thanks
Very strange indeed. It's been more than a month since I saw "Decision Made" status and still no passport request. I did my medicals on first week of May. Am I facing the same thing as you? God knows what's going on.

Jubayer

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Does the proof of funds (bank statements, certificates....etc) has to be sent as hard copy to CPC? or I can just send email PDF email attachments.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
karanoha said:
Does the proof of funds (bank statements, certificates....etc) has to be sent as hard copy to CPC? or I can just send email PDF email attachments.
You can send everything other than police certificates by email.

climate_modeller

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
21-May-2014
AOR Received.
17-Jun-2013
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
17-Jun-2013
Med's Request
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
28-05-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
not necessary
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 (CoPR)
LANDED..........
26-07-2014
We received our CoPR in the mail today and will land the weekend of the 26th, 27th. :)

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
Hi all,

I am going to apply in September. My question is about the weakest point of most PhDs' applications - work experience letter. I am going to claim my RA experience in Canada. So, the question is:

1) Who should sign the letter? Grad coordinator of the program or the professor? In the first case, the magic 'assist' word will be in the context like this: "X assisted Prof. Y in research activities in ...". Otherwise, "Y assisted ME in research activities in ... " Does this matter? Can anyone refer me to a successful application with the letter signed by the prof?

2) Is there a chance that my RA experience from outside of Canada will be accepted? I worked as RA in a research institute and this had NOTHING to do with my bachelors. How do I spell it out?

Thanks.

amir_hb

Oct 27, 2013
rogelio said:
Hi all,

I am going to apply in September. My question is about the weakest point of most PhDs' applications - work experience letter. I am going to claim my RA experience in Canada. So, the question is:

1) Who should sign the letter? Grad coordinator of the program or the professor? In the first case, the magic 'assist' word will be in the context like this: "X assisted Prof. Y in research activities in ...". Otherwise, "Y assisted ME in research activities in ... " Does this matter? Can anyone refer me to a successful application with the letter signed by the prof?

2) Is there a chance that my RA experience from outside of Canada will be accepted? I worked as RA in a research institute and this had NOTHING to do with my bachelors. How do I spell it out?

Thanks.
1) See this for successful reference letters: h t t p : / / g o o . g l / 4 7 q I Z F
(remove spaces)

2) If you intend to use NOC 4012 as your main occupation, then that RA job you had outside Canada must conform to the descriptions of Human Resources and Skill Development Canada. In particular, NOC 4012 says post-secondary RAs assist professors or faculty members at "universities" and "colleges".

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
amir_hb said:
1) See this for successful reference letters: h t t p : / / g o o . g l / 4 7 q I Z F
(remove spaces)

2) If you intend to use NOC 4012 as your main occupation, then that RA job you had outside Canada must conform to the descriptions of Human Resources and Skill Development Canada. In particular, NOC 4012 says post-secondary RAs assist professors or faculty members at "universities" and "colleges".
and it must show that your work is separate from your studies or not related to your studies, if you were a student in the same time.

rogelio

Star Member
Jul 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
23-12-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
23-02-2015
salam20 said:
and it must show that your work is separate from your studies or not related to your studies, if you were a student in the same time.
The NOC 4012 description says:

"Enrolment in a university or college program is required"

So, you MUST be a student in order to claim RA experience, regardless of a place. But how to demonstrate that it is not directly related to the studies? Any ideas of a statement to put in a letter?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
rogelio said:
The NOC 4012 description says:

"Enrolment in a university or college program is required"

So, you MUST be a student in order to claim RA experience, regardless of a place. But how to demonstrate that it is not directly related to the studies? Any ideas of a statement to put in a letter?
You can indicate in your ref. letter how many hours you work on your courses and PhD thesis and how many hours assist your supervisor as a RA.

Parkinson said:
Some key points for NOC code 4012:

1. Make sure your ref. letter is dated and is on the University letterhead.

2. You should have at least 1 year continuous full time (30 hours/ week) or equivalent continuous part time ( 1560 hours ) work experience.

3. Make sure that your periods of works are in "dd/mm/yy to dd/mm/yy" format and there is not even 1 day gap between them for at least 1 year.

4. You should include the lead statement (assist professor ... in research activities...) in your RA ref. letter, also a substantial number (almost all) of the RA main duties and these two terms: "assist professor in data analysis..." and "assist professor in the preparation of journal article or papers..." to be safe.

5. Add details (and some additional duties if applicable) so that your duties dose not look like a copy-paste of the actions described under the NOC code.

6. Your RA working hours should be reasonable because you are a PhD student at the same time.

shahmed082207

Jul 9, 2014
Hye Guys

I am applying for my Immigration under the Lecturer/ Asst Prof Category.

I want to know that after submitting my application , Can i apply/go for my PhD education in Canada while my immigration is in process or Not ?

Thanx...:)

shahmed082207

Jul 9, 2014
Re: Urgent Question

Hello Guys,

I need an authentic answer regarding my question which is
I am applying for my immigration in Canada in couple of days. But I am also planning to apply for my PhD once i submit my application for Immigration , Is it possible ? Or I cannot apply for studies until i get my immigration.?

shahmed082207

Jul 9, 2014
Re....Urgent

Hye Guys

I am applying for my Immigration under the Lecturer/ Asst Prof Category.

I want to know that after submitting my application , Can i apply/go for my PhD education in Canada while my immigration is in process or Not ?

Thanx..