+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Thank you prapplicant13 for the advice. I think that it sometimes depends on who reads your file and how you present your case. Maybe I will add a cover letter to confirm that I am sending under PhD stream and the letter of employment is only to strengthen my case and that I have intention to stay in Canada after my PhD.

prapplicant13 said:
You may want to consider this as well:
I have seen a case in this forum that has been asked to provide a letter from his employee to show he is still working (not sure if that was provided as a proof of fund or something else but it was not meant to be a job offer). He got rejected because of misunderstanding of the officer, as he thought the extra letter is the employment letter under the NOC code the applicant has selected. But it was not such a letter and didn't even include duties or hours. So the officer rejected his application because the employment letter did not match NOC and ...

So my suggestion is not to include anything extra if you do not necessarily need it or if it does not have any benefit towards your application.

haithy

Jan 4, 2013
I have successfully landed today at the Rainbow Bridge (Niagara Falls) it was very smooth and easy.
I used the pedestrian part of the bridge which was very quiet unlike the driving part.

at the US side it took less than 10 mins to give me the refusal letter (which the officer said that will not affect future applications to the US Visa), he said that when I apply for a US Visa, I can answer No to the question about being refused to enter the US.

at the Canadian side it took about an hour. the officer asked for either a bank statement or an employment letter ( as a proof of fund). I showed her the bank statement and she checked that balance is above the required fund for a family of 4, I had a five months bank statement with me but she only looked at the most recent month. in addition, the officer asked for a driver's license as a proof of the Canadian address. and she took the US refusal letter. Then, she prepared the paper work and told us about the SIN and OHIP updates and to sign the COPR forms.
thanks to everybody in this forum. and best regards, to all who didn't get their PR yet.

wintercolder

May 7, 2013
Hi all,

I just received RPRF request from CPC-CTD-Ottawa. They require the following:

"Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
You must send the receipt to CPC-O. For fastest service, please attach it to an email and send it to the address CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais@cic.gc.ca."

I have three questions:
(1) I already paid RPRF and got the receipt from the website, but there are some blanks on the receipt e.g. client birth date, client id, address...
Do I need to fill in these blanks before sending the receipt?
(2) If I emailed the receipt as an attachment, do I still need to send the hard-copy to CPC-O
(3) The next step after RPRF request is medical, security request, right?

Thanks a million for answering my questions!

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014 / Med's Received: 19-07-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Congratulations!

I wish you a new successful life as a landed immigrant.

Best Regards,

haithy said:
I have successfully landed today at the Rainbow Bridge (Niagara Falls) it was very smooth and easy.
I used the pedestrian part of the bridge which was very quiet unlike the driving part.

at the US side it took less than 10 mins to give me the refusal letter (which the officer said that will not affect future applications to the US Visa), he said that when I apply for a US Visa, I can answer No to the question about being refused to enter the US.

at the Canadian side it took about an hour. the officer asked for either a bank statement or an employment letter ( as a proof of fund). I showed her the bank statement and she checked that balance is above the required fund for a family of 4, I had a five months bank statement with me but she only looked at the most recent month. in addition, the officer asked for a driver's license as a proof of the Canadian address. and she took the US refusal letter. Then, she prepared the paper work and told us about the SIN and OHIP updates and to sign the COPR forms.
thanks to everybody in this forum. and best regards, to all who didn't get their PR yet.

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hi Wintercolder,

Congratulations on your RPRF request, you're one step closer to become a PR ..

Please, see my comment below, based upon my own experience ...

wintercolder said:
Hi all,

"Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
You must send the receipt to CPC-O. For fastest service, please attach it to an email and send it to the address CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais @ cic.gc.ca."

I have three questions:
(1) I already paid RPRF and got the receipt from the website, but there are some blanks on the receipt e.g. client birth date, client id, address...

>> Yes, I filled them in using PDF Signing option, you can add text boxes to write your details. Or, I have seen several people posting that they have hand-written their details.

(2) If I emailed the receipt as an attachment, do I still need to send the hard-copy to CPC-O

>> No, they indicated that for faster processing, send by email. They have not mentioned that we need to submit paper copies.

>> After RPRF, hopefully tomorrow, you would receive MR. RCMP may or may not be required.

wintercolder

May 7, 2013
Thanks Albaik!!
Regarding the receipt, what should be the Client ID? Is it same as UCI?

albaik said:
Hi Wintercolder,

Congratulations on your RPRF request, you're one step closer to become a PR ..

Please, see my comment below, based upon my own experience ...

Hisham984

Jul 8, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions and experiences (special thanks to Albaik). I have a couple of questions and I would appreciate it if someone can answer them:

1) I am going to submit working experience letters from my home country, should these letters be stamped from the foreign affairs of my country or the signature and stamp of the company would be enough?

2) I want to send my university transcripts and in the checklist it states to send copies but I saw some posts here saying to send them in sealed envelope, so I got confused. should they be copies or sealed envelope?

Thank you for your help!

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Hisham984 said:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions and experiences (special thanks to Albaik). I have a couple of questions and I would appreciate it if someone can answer them:

1) I am going to submit working experience letters from my home country, should these letters be stamped from the foreign affairs of my country or the signature and stamp of the company would be enough?

2) I want to send my university transcripts and in the checklist it states to send copies but I saw some posts here saying to send them in sealed envelope, so I got confused. should they be copies or sealed envelope?

Thank you for your help!
1. No need to be signed by country's external affairs. Just the company's seal/stamp is enough.
2. Just copies are enough since you are already sending ECA report.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
wintercolder said:
Thanks Albaik!!
Regarding the receipt, what should be the Client ID? Is it same as UCI?
UCI stands for "Unique Client Identification". So client ID is nothing but UCI.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
wintercolder said:
Hi all,

You must send the receipt to CPC-O. For fastest service, please attach it to an email and send it to the address CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais @ cic.gc.ca."

I have three questions:

I now remember that I just forwarded the receipt that I got from CIC without entering any details. It still worked for me. It's just an information. You may have to enter the details to be on the safe side of the fence before forwarding it to CIC.

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Hi Hisham,

This forum is meant to share experiences and learn from each others. I hope I have been helpful as several people have been very helpful to me and provided advices when I needed them.

I hope this will continue and you provide advices to newbies when you become very close to get your PR (finger crossed).

Thanks to you for considering posting a "Thank you" note.

Regarding your questions and Wintercolder question ... Chakri has provided the answers that I totally support.

I wish everybody a happy ending after very long months of waiting to start a new life in Canada.

Best Regards,

Hisham984 said:
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your help!

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
Hello All,

I haven't seen the forum for a while. Are you still update the immigration tracker?
Would you please send me the link for the excel tracker file.

Regards,

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
Hello,

My eCAS shows decision made. That was very fast. Did not expect it to be this faster. The fourth line is up there " A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." :)

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
nasim2 said:
Hello All,

I haven't seen the forum for a while. Are you still update the immigration tracker?
Would you please send me the link for the excel tracker file.

Regards,
Here is it. http://bit.ly/tpvdZa

albaik

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2013
Doc's Request.
04-07-2014
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2014
LANDED..........
30-08-2014
Congratulations!

chakri264 said:
Hello,

My eCAS shows decision made. That was very fast. Did not expect it to be this faster. The fourth line is up there " A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." :)