31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Parkinson said:
Is there any thing in the note section? How do you know that officer opened your application on Jan 31, 2014?
In the "paper file history" section, I found the date Jan 31, 2014 and the status is "open" and the location is "FA01772", so I guess the officer opened my application at that date.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
dapin84 said:
So they did your assessment without asking you for poof of funds? The fact that it is assigned to FA01772 means anything?
This is an initial assessment by Sydney, Ottawa assessment has not started yet, I am not sure actually what are the implications of assigning my application to FA01772, I think this is the step before assessing the applications, which is to assign it to a visa officer

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Guys, I found in the Activity section in my GCMS information received today that the fingerprints are required as a part of RCMP screening activity. This was dated August 27, 2013. Is is a bad sign? and how come they have not received it till now !?

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Dear all,

I got a bad news, receiving reject email today for only have 66 point instead of 67+. They only give me 1 year and 7 months working experience, 0 point for adaptability. I actually have more than 3 years working experience including RA, TA. Will it work if I make the employment letter for other working experience better to make them accept more working experience? Also, I'm under back check procedure, hopefully I can get offer letter very soon, in this case, will it be possible to claim the 10 points for assigned employment?

Please help to suggest some solutions, also the procedures and contacts. I'm at Toronto right now, and my PhD is from McGill.

Thanks a lot!

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gfenig said:
Hi,
I need some help.
In December 2102 I applied for the PR and just recently I've got rejected.
The reason for my rejection was based on the fact that the officials consider that my duties on my reference letter do not coincide with the NOC I chose. I've worked as a Financial Researcher in the Mexican Central Bank in Mexico for 4 years. My thought was that the NOC that matches the most with my duties was NOC 1112 (Financial Analyst). However, after reviewing again the list of NOCs, it might be possible that a better fit for me would be NOC 4162 (Economist).

I have two questions.
1) If I reapply, can I submit a reference letter with a different NOC than the one I used for my first application?
2) In the Description of the NOC 4162 says: "A master's degree in economics or in a related discipline such as business administration or statistics is usually required." and "A doctorate in economics may be required." My question here is, what if I do not have a masters degree? (because I was accepted into the phd program without the need of a masters degree), would it be possible to still use this NOC on my reference letter?

Thanks a lot
1) That's perfectly fine.
2) It says master's is "usually" required. So, not necessarily a must. Should be fine.

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Hi guys, just want to update my status. I added my wife to my application after I got my medical request. My wife's application package reached CPC on Mar 12th, and I received my wife's medical request today. Hope that this information helps those who are gonna add their spouse.

PS: The clinics are fully booked in the next month in this city. So crazy.

zhengyilove

Oct 17, 2012
Finally, I am going to land soon. Can anybody explain briefly the procedure? I am in Toronto, and do not have US visa. Is buffalo the right place to go without a US visa? What should I do now?

Thanks

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
zhengyilove said:
Finally, I am going to land soon. Can anybody explain briefly the procedure? I am in Toronto, and do not have US visa. Is buffalo the right place to go without a US visa? What should I do now?

Thanks
When did you receive your visa?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Aidina, did you hear anything from them?

FYI, I just heard from my Iranian friend who applied with his wife, that they recently received their passport request about 3 months after their medical request.

I am on the same boat now, and I hope things get faster for Iraniains.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Aidina, did you hear anything from them?

FYI, I just heard from my Iranian friend who applied with his wife, that they recently received their passport request about 3 months after their medical request.

I am on the same boat now, and I hope things get faster for Iraniains.
No. have you got your medical request? We are apparently treated very specially. I wish I knew what they are looking for, and I could have helped them to find it faster :). It is 9 month after our medical and still no news. We are not alone, of course. There are 3 other Iranian couples in this forum who have waited much longer than us.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
aidina said:
No. have you got your medical request? We are apparently treated very specially. I wish I knew what they are looking for, and I could have helped them to find it faster :). It is 9 month after our medical and still no news. We are not alone, of course. There are 3 other Iranian couples in this forum who have waited much longer than us.
I know you keep saying that :D I'm sure you could've helped them. But it's worth it to just ping them. Extra ordinary things can always happen. Think if they already sent your pass request to another email by mistake? or something else could happen.

Not yet, but I have a deadline 5 days later on that which is my 3rd delayed deadline. High possibility they assess it this time...wish me best of luck.

AmberImm

Mar 19, 2014
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I'm preparing for my immigration application under PhD stream. I'm a UofT PhD student from 2011 Fall.

There is one basic question that has been haunting me: Does my RA experience (with T4A scholarship)count as the work experience CIC requires?

This question has been bothering me from the beginning and I couldn't find an answer :(

Thanks soooo much for answering my question (in advance)!!! ;D

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I know you keep saying that :D I'm sure you could've helped them. But it's worth it to just ping them. Extra ordinary things can always happen. Think if they already sent your pass request to another email by mistake? or something else could happen.

Not yet, but I have a deadline 5 days later on that which is my 3rd delayed deadline. High possibility they assess it this time...wish me best of luck.
I sent them several inquiries in the past month, and every time they said that they are awaiting the results of some internal processing prior to finalizing the application.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
AmberImm said:
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and I'm preparing for my immigration application under PhD stream. I'm a UofT PhD student from 2011 Fall.

There is one basic question that has been haunting me: Does my RA experience (with T4A scholarship)count as the work experience CIC requires?

This question has been bothering me from the beginning and I couldn't find an answer :(

Thanks soooo much for answering my question (in advance)!!! ;D
Yes. Many people here including me claimed only RA and TA. Of course, they need to have all the essentials as asked by CIC.

AmberImm

Mar 19, 2014
Hey thanks Aidina!!

So it would be OK to submit the T4A as CIC required in the checklist: "a copy of any T4s if available", and submit the study permit as an alternative to "a copy of employment authorization", since study permit is the employment authorization that allows students to work on campus?

btw The T4A-Working experience thing was killing me :-\, thanks for the reply! :D