14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
A question out of scope:
Does any body know where should I submit my passport for re-entry visa?
I applied for re-entry visa online and now they asked my passport. But when I go to CIC website and click on "Canada" to see where I should send my passport, the link does not work at all.

I am having this problem since CIC changed their website. Many of the links on CIC website do not work for me.
The link is : http://www.cic.gc.ca/submit-envoyer/offices-bureaux-eng.asp#C

Can any body click on Canada in the above page??????
And let me know please where I should send it?

canadian-13

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
A question out of scope:
Does any body know where should I submit my passport for re-entry visa?
I applied for re-entry visa online and now they asked my passport. But when I go to CIC website and click on "Canada" to see where I should send my passport, the link does not work at all.

I am having this problem since CIC changed their website. Many of the links on CIC website do not work for me.
The link is : http://www.cic.gc.ca/submit-envoyer/offices-bureaux-eng.asp#C

Can any body click on Canada in the above page??????
And let me know please where I should send it?
To submit a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) application from within Canada, mail your application to:

CPC – Ottawa
P. O. Box 9640
Ottawa, ON, K1G 6T2

If sent by private courier:

CPC – Ottawa
Temporary Resident Visa Section
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, ON K1A 1L1

This was what I did..

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
2MarriedPhDs said:
Hey guys,

I am getting worried about my reference letters.... does anyone have a good template to send me?
I am seriously thinking about updating them!
If I do decide to update the letters, how should I do it? Send it through mail or email? And where to?

Thanks a lot!!
Please find the link in my signature, you can find many successful letters there.
You may send your updated letter by mail, email or both.

Good luck!

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone,

I am not sure if the police record check conditions have changed between 2013 and 2014, but a local check was enough for my first application, and now I have been asked for a provincial one that includes digital prints.
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

AXMMS

Jan 13, 2014
I guess you need to use the 1950 hours as the benchmark. Our package got returned because we used the 1560 hours in our first submission.

E-not said:
Dear all,

I am applying for PR under FSW PhD track.

Two questions related to that:

1. People consistently talk about 1950 hours as an equivalent of 1 year of full-time employment. Statistics Canada Defines full-time employment as at least 30 hours per week (google it. I can't post a link). This is 30x52=1560 hours per 1 year of full-time employment. So, the question is: what is the benchmark: 1950 or 1560 hours?

2. My university defines part-time TAship/RAship as 6 hours per week and full-time TA-ship/RAship as 12 hours a week. This translates to 96 hours per term (part-time) and 192 hours per term (full-time) respectively.

This means that I need over 10 semesters (3+ years) of continuous employment to gain 1950 hours.

I've heard people saying that they were managing to claim 2000+ hours after 2 years of full-time TAship/RAship. Is it because their universities have different full-time/part-time definitions? Is it because people take multiple positions? Is it because I miss claiming some implicit hours that should be put into my application?

Thanks in advance.

anchoo2kewl

Feb 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC_Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-02-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Passport Req..
28-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
23-11-2014
Application sent: February 18, 2014
Application reached CIC: February 21, 2014
CC/BD encashed: March 6, 2014
PER: March 17, 2014
Nationality: India
Experience: Other (NOC : 2173 - Systems Engineer: Software)
Person(s) in application: 1

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
N_O said:
Please find the link in my signature, you can find many successful letters there.
You may send your updated letter by mail, email or both.

Good luck!
Thanks N_O, the link helped a lot!
Could you, or anyone else, express your opinion about my concerns?
The reference letter I have sent for RA duties seems to be in good shape when compared to the ones that were successful.
I mean, they are not as detailed as some of them, but I think they are still good.
My concern is that the letter states that I work 40 hours/week, and I don't have a statement with less hours for when I was having coursework.
Do you think this could become a problem?
Do you know of anyone that had issues because of that?

tmaclu

Mar 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I only claim TA/RA work experience, what NOC number should I put in Schedule 3?

"Identify, from the list below, the primary occupation and the corresponding four-digit 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC) code that will be used to assess whether your application meets the minimum program requirements to be eligible for processing."

I think I should just put 4012, the code for TA/RA, is that correct? Thanks!

Master3

Star Member
Jan 29, 2013
Master3 said:
Hi all.

We landed yesterday from Sarnia border. They did not ask for anything ( bank statement & enrollment letter ). I suggest you have them on you for landing. Be safe better than sorry.
I checked "London international airport" and "Detroit–Windsor Tunnel" but both said "this office does not accept landing from inside Canada anymore".
Police officer were nice in both US and Canada sides and knew what to do.
Don't forget duty free if you have want to do this process. Its very cheap. :)

Finally I got my PR after 4 failed tries. Thanks all for your helpful comments.

I hope see you all in "Citizenship Forum" soon !!!!
Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any question.
Please update the spread sheet. I landed on March 10 , 2014.

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi AXMMS,

I am wondering the return of your package is because you are short of time (e.g. 1800 hours) or only because your calculation is wrong.

AXMMS said:
I guess you need to use the 1950 hours as the benchmark. Our package got returned because we used the 1560 hours in our first submission.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
One of my friends asked me these questions and I don't know the answer:
1. Do you need to be in Canada while your application for after study work permit is in process?
2. After you got the after study work permit, can you leave Canada? and is your permit still valid for 3 years if you leave?
Thank you.

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
aidina said:
And you still have not heard :).
LOL...nopes...Its no point asking for my GCMS now...im sure my due date has moved to March 27, 2014 :)

Will ask sometime in April now if I do not hear anything...

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Parkinson said:
One of my friends asked me these questions and I don't know the answer:
1. Do you need to be in Canada while your application for after study work permit is in process?
2. After you got the after study work permit, can you leave Canada? and is your permit still valid for 3 years if you leave?
Thank you.
1. I had a cases with one of my friends
- he had a study permit and visa (TRV) until 4-5 months after he finished his studies. He applied for a graduate work permit and left the country. He then got his work permit mailed to him in India, and then came back on the same visa (TRV).

2. After a program of two years or more, you will get a 3 year work permit. Your leaving and re-entering canada does not depend on the permit but on the visa (TRV) that you have. Apply for a TRV after you get your permit. You should get a TRV of 3 years as well with multiple entry in 99% of the cases. You can leave the country and come back whenever you want within those 3 years.