Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
sgtrigger said:
1. I had a cases with one of my friends
- he had a study permit and visa (TRV) until 4-5 months after he finished his studies. He applied for a graduate work permit and left the country. He then got his work permit mailed to him in India, and then came back on the same visa (TRV).

2. After a program of two years or more, you will get a 3 year work permit. Your leaving and re-entering canada does not depend on the permit but on the visa (TRV) that you have. Apply for a TRV after you get your permit. You should get a TRV of 3 years as well with multiple entry in 99% of the cases. You can leave the country and come back whenever you want within those 3 years.
Thank you very much:)

AXMMS

Jan 13, 2014
It was because the short of time, which was explained and highlighted in the letter in the returned package.

mike5182 said:
Hi AXMMS,

I am wondering the return of your package is because you are short of time (e.g. 1800 hours) or only because your calculation is wrong.

churchill1985

Mar 17, 2014
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for immigration under PhD stream category and I need to confirm a few details of the NOC code I should apply with.

I worked as a full-time research assistant in a research institute in my home country for 18 months and my main duties include conducting literature reviews, lab experiments and preparing scholarly publications. I think the best NOC code for my case should be 4012 since all the duty descriptions in 4012 match very well with me. However, I was not enrolled in a university or college program as required by 4012 during my employment and the research institute I was working with is not a typical university or college though it has been authorized to grant higher education degrees including Master's and PhD. Therefore, I am confused here. Could you please confirm that whether I can use 4012 as my NOC code?

Thank you all in advance.

ubcweicai

Jan 16, 2014
ubcweicai said:
Just received my PER! Timeline:

Application reached CIO 2013-12-19
CC/BD encashed 2014-02-06
PER issued (CIO) 2014-02-09
Forgot to provide my information:

Nationality: China
Experience: RA only (35 hrs per week in Canada, 2 years; 30 hrs per week in Korea, 2 years)
Person(s) in application: 1

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
churchill1985 said:
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for immigration under PhD stream category and I need to confirm a few details of the NOC code I should apply with.

I worked as a full-time research assistant in a research institute in my home country for 18 months and my main duties include conducting literature reviews, lab experiments and preparing scholarly publications. I think the best NOC code for my case should be 4012 since all the duty descriptions in 4012 match very well with me. However, I was not enrolled in a university or college program as required by 4012 during my employment and the research institute I was working with is not a typical university or college though it has been authorized to grant higher education degrees including Master's and PhD. Therefore, I am confused here. Could you please confirm that whether I can use 4012 as my NOC code?

Thank you all in advance.
For NOC code 4012, you should assisst a faculty member (in preparing publications and data analysis). If you did these duties yourself and were not enrolled in a university program, this code does not match you.

oliveoyl

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Hi guys,

I send in my passport last week and go it back yesterday with visa stamped & COPR. I am sort of at the 25th mile mark of a 26.2 mile marathon :)
Will do my landing in a few weeks. I am in Toronto, so going to Peace bridge or Rainbow Bridge are options?
If anyone have strong recommendations of one over the other, will be helpful to hear.
I do have a valid US visa.

Thanks & as always feel free to ask questions!

canadian-13

Nov 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 13, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
Mar-5-2013
LANDED..........
Landed...
oliveoyl said:
Hi guys,

I send in my passport last week and go it back yesterday with visa stamped & COPR. I am sort of at the 25th mile mark of a 26.2 mile marathon :)
Will do my landing in a few weeks. I am in Toronto, so going to Peace bridge or Rainbow Bridge are options?
If anyone have strong recommendations of one over the other, will be helpful to hear.
I do have a valid US visa.

Thanks & as always feel free to ask questions!
Congrats!

churchill1985

Mar 17, 2014
Parkinson said:
For NOC code 4012, you should assisst a faculty member (in preparing publications and data analysis). If you did these duties yourself and were not enrolled in a university program, this code does not match you.
Yes, from the duties perspective, I was assisting a faculty member in doing research related stuffs including data analysis and preparing publications and that is why I think this code works for me. But I was just not enrolled in a university program at that time. However, this is also something that confused me a lot. If I am enrolled in a university program (which means I am a full-time student), then how can I still do a full-time job as teaching assistant or research assistant and receive payment that is showed on a T4. As far as I know, many PhD students are working as research assistant and get paid through T4A since their payments are regarded as scholarship.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
churchill1985 said:
Yes, from the duties perspective, I was assisting a faculty member in doing research related stuffs including data analysis and preparing publications and that is why I think this code works for me. But I was just not enrolled in a university program at that time. However, this is also something that confused me a lot. If I am enrolled in a university program (which means I am a full-time student), then how can I still do a full-time job as teaching assistant or research assistant and receive payment that is showed on a T4. As far as I know, many PhD students are working as research assistant and get paid through T4A since their payments are regarded as scholarship.
Maybe this is what you need: "1254 Statistical officers and related research support occupations"
it includes these titles:
research assistant – generalist (except university)
research support officer

churchill1985

Mar 17, 2014
Houra said:
Maybe this is what you need: "1254 Statistical officers and related research support occupations"
it includes these titles:
research assistant – generalist (except university)
research support officer
Thanks! I think 1254 is better than 4012 for my case.

gfenig

Mar 11, 2014
Hi,
I need some help.
In December 2102 I applied for the PR and just recently I've got rejected.
The reason for my rejection was based on the fact that the officials consider that my duties on my reference letter do not coincide with the NOC I chose. I've worked as a Financial Researcher in the Mexican Central Bank in Mexico for 4 years. My thought was that the NOC that matches the most with my duties was NOC 1112 (Financial Analyst). However, after reviewing again the list of NOCs, it might be possible that a better fit for me would be NOC 4162 (Economist).

I have two questions.
1) If I reapply, can I submit a reference letter with a different NOC than the one I used for my first application?
2) In the Description of the NOC 4162 says: "A master's degree in economics or in a related discipline such as business administration or statistics is usually required." and "A doctorate in economics may be required." My question here is, what if I do not have a masters degree? (because I was accepted into the phd program without the need of a masters degree), would it be possible to still use this NOC on my reference letter?

Thanks a lot

2MarriedPhDs

Feb 18, 2014
2MarriedPhDs said:
Thanks N_O, the link helped a lot!
Could you, or anyone else, express your opinion about my concerns?
The reference letter I have sent for RA duties seems to be in good shape when compared to the ones that were successful.
I mean, they are not as detailed as some of them, but I think they are still good.
My concern is that the letter states that I work 40 hours/week, and I don't have a statement with less hours for when I was having coursework.
Do you think this could become a problem?
Do you know of anyone that had issues because of that?
Anyone?

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I got my GCMS information today (it took exactly 30 days). The only useful information that I was able to get was as follows:

-Initial assessment by Sydney gave me 68 points, they did not consider my wife's education ! but they considered my work exp. as a TA from home country, so I got points for 4 years of work exp..

-They received my supplementary reference letter sent on April 2013 and attached it to my application.

-They did an RCMP screening in August 2013.

-My application was assigned to a visa officer "FA01772" and the due date is April 01, 2014

-The officer opened my application on Jan 31, 2014.

Is there any other useful information that I can distill from that document ?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
The_Prince said:
I got my GCMS information today (it took exactly 30 days). The only useful information that I was able to get was as follows:

-Initial assessment by Sydney gave me 68 points, they did not consider my wife's education ! but they considered my work exp. as a TA from home country, so I got points for 4 years of work exp..

-They received my supplementary reference letter sent on April 2013 and attached it to my application.

-My application was assigned to a visa officer "FA01772" and the due date is April 01, 2014

Is there any thing in the note section? How do you know that officer opened your application on Jan 31, 2014?

dapin84

Star Member
Jul 28, 2010
The_Prince said:

So they did your assessment without asking you for poof of funds? The fact that it is assigned to FA01772 means anything?