Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beh467 said:
I received my new GCMS notes today. The only change is that the due date which was September 6, 2013 is updated to December 6, 2013. The due date is updated by FA01772.
It's very probable that soon they update your due date to March 6, 2014. They are very strict on updating the due dates (not meeting them) ;-)

One of my due dates was July 28, 2013, then they updated it to October 28, 2013. Today it's October 30 and still no news.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I would say call MP immediately. Sending emails and so on will take many days, especially I think they will answer such cases late (last year it took them 2 weeks to answer a similar email of mine). So you may lose the 15-day time to appeal through court/MP.
The sooner the better, call MP right away, and let us know what happens.

A friend of mine was unfairly refused recently. They first refused to re-open his case. He tried through MP and got his application re-open.
I second what you said. He said that he will meet the MP on Wednesday, so he still have at least 6 days after meeting the MP; if he wants to appeal through the court.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehroonir said:
It's very probable that soon they update your due date to March 6, 2014. They are very strict on updating the due dates (not meeting them) ;-)

One of my due dates was July 28, 2013, then they updated it to October 28, 2013. Today it's October 30 and still no news.
Exactly :)

Waiting time for you and Samira is disappointing and I am not optimistic about getting passport request before the end of this year.
You have been waiting for a long time. Hopefully you will get the passport request soon.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
mehroonir said:

;D

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beh467 said:
Exactly :)

Waiting time for you and Samira is disappointing and I am not optimistic about getting passport request before the end of this year.
You have been waiting for a long time. Hopefully you will get the passport request soon.
Thanks beh!
They are not consistent. Their behavior is not even close to linear ;-) Therefore I hope you guys hear from them one of these days :)

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
Finally submitted our passports to CPP-Ottawa! Has anyone received passports back recently (last month or so)? If so, I'd appreciate if you can let me know how long it took for them to send your passports back to you... Thanks and cheers!

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Hi guys!

My application (FSW, PhD category) recieved by sydney on 21 oct 2013.

In my application (IMM 0008) I choose 4161 as my primary occupation, as some of my duties matches the duties of 4161 (Natural and applied science policy researcher) but now I noticed that my duties outlined in my job letters perfectly match the duties of 2123 (Agricultural consultant, managers) and today I sent revised IMM 0008 (via express post) chosing 2123 as my primary occupation and I included a letter to request to replace my previous IMM 0008 with the revised one and to change my primary NOC from 4161 to 2123.

I hope sydney has not started my eligibility review yet (as most of the applicant from Aug/Sep still has not got their PER yet) and will change my IMM 0008.

Anyone here has similar experience of changing forms or updating information while the application was still in CIO Sydney? I am worried how they will respond to this kind of request. I will get some relief if I hear someone has successfully updated or changed their information in SYDNEY during eligilibility review phase.

Hope to hear you guys.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Willbeat said:
Hi guys!

My application (FSW, PhD category) recieved by sydney on 21 oct 2013.

In my application (IMM 0008) I choose 4161 as my primary occupation, as some of my duties matches the duties of 4161 (Natural and applied science policy researcher) but now I noticed that my duties outlined in my job letters perfectly match the duties of 2123 (Agricultural consultant, managers) and today I sent revised IMM 0008 (via express post) chosing 2123 as my primary occupation and I included a letter to request to replace my previous IMM 0008 with the revised one and to change my primary NOC from 4161 to 2123.

I hope sydney has not started my eligibility review yet (as most of the applicant from Aug/Sep still has not got their PER yet) and will change my IMM 0008.

Anyone here has similar experience of changing forms or updating information while the application was still in CIO Sydney? I am worried how they will respond to this kind of request. I will get some relief if I hear someone has successfully updated or changed their information in SYDNEY during eligilibility review phase.

Hope to hear you guys.
Under the PhD stream, I would advise against using any other NOC than TA/RA (NOC 4021) for the experience you got duing your PhD. I think it's way too risky (and that's the reason why I got rejected).
Did you have a Teaching Assistanship or Research Assistanship during your PhD? If so, that's definitely what you should be using, unless the experience you mention was before your PhD.

As for the process, they should take your letter into account. I just wonder if that updated letter might also be an issue based on the NOC you chose...

hamza.625

May 4, 2012
I am planning to apply in Feb. Is there any possibility that the quote would be filled by that time? Is there any application counter for PhD stream?

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
ASG said:
Under the PhD stream, I would advise against using any other NOC than TA/RA (NOC 4021) for the experience you got duing your PhD. I think it's way too risky (and that's the reason why I got rejected).
Did you have a Teaching Assistanship or Research Assistanship during your PhD? If so, that's definitely what you should be using, unless the experience you mention was before your PhD.

As for the process, they should take your letter into account. I just wonder if that updated letter might also be an issue based on the NOC you chose...
Hi, Thanks for the reply. My experience was not gained during PhD but it was before PhD. I do have RA/TA but I didnt choose 4012 as primary occupation, as there is still some confusion about it.

and I did not update the job letter, it is the same. I lately noticed that job duties in my job letter match more to 2123 than 4161. so with all documents same I change my noc in IMM 0008 and sent the revised one. My only worry is whether CIO replace my old IMM0008 with the revised IMM 0008

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Dear ASG,

ASG said:
That's interesting. Could you please clarify why exactly your application was rejected? Back in March, you'd said that

ASG said:
as I was expecting, my application was rejected based on non correspondance of the NOC code.
It frustrates me IMMENSELY, as my supervisor did everything to make what I did clear, and I feel
like I should have sent them a letter when I started to have doubts about this.
and

ASG said:
[...] the letter was very clear that my duties were ones of a biologist and not of a teaching assistant.
If I understood your case, the problem was not in the particular NOC you have chosen, but in the fact that the leading statement and/or duties did not match your NOC description. The experience we have had in this thread is that visa officers require a very peculiar wording for the letters of experience. In fact, lots of applications have been rejected because the officers were expecting a tautology of a sort "Mr. XXX's job as a teaching/research assistant was to assist Prof. YYY in his/her the research in (area)".

But then it does not matter which NOC code you choose, as long as the letter closely follows its description.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
bioleaching said:
Dear Friends,
:( They have rejected my application. I have graduated and defended my PhD but they did not gain me the 5 points of adabtability. In their email they mentioned "did not complete a program of study at the time your application was submitted". Is it fair or even ture that we can't add documets after application was submitted?
As I remember, we can add more documents before their final descision !!! And I sent the letter of my graduation before that !!!
Any Idea?

Thanks
Friend-- Its really sad to see this heart breaking news after over 500 days waiting. I think your only option now could be convince through MP office. I am not really expert on the operation manual or critical regularity process so not very sure how your current situation (graduation) could overturn the decision. But all I can wish you very best. Plz also wish me good luck I m the next one nd don't know my fortune :(

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Hey ALL,

I am a Quebec applicant and finally I got this email today:

'' As per Regulation 75(1), the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Alberta, you currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec. Furthermore, you have not completed your course of study . I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other that the Province of Quebec.''

Has anyone got similar email recently?
I will defend mt PhD in a month, so I will send them a letter about that+ I have applied for some jobs (4-5) outside Quebec, but no job offer yet. I will attach those email for job application too. I do want to go outside Quebec, but I have not had any job offer yet!
What else do you think I can send to them?

1)Do you think Talking to MP inside Quebec can help?!
2) Should I mention to them again that I get rejected 2 years ago for CSQ because of my poor French?

Please let me know what you think

Thanks a llot

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kg.jadu said:
Dear ASG,

That's interesting. Could you please clarify why exactly your application was rejected? Back in March, you'd said that

and

If I understood your case, the problem was not in the particular NOC you have chosen, but in the fact that the leading statement and/or duties did not match your NOC description. The experience we have had in this thread is that visa officers require a very peculiar wording for the letters of experience. In fact, lots of applications have been rejected because the officers were expecting a tautology of a sort "Mr. XXX's job as a teaching/research assistant was to assist Prof. YYY in his/her the research in (area)".

But then it does not matter which NOC code you choose, as long as the letter closely follows its description.

The reason I got rejected was indeed because the duties in the letter did not fully match the lead statement/duties for the NOC code I had chosen. When I applied, the stream was pretty new and there had not been any rejections yet, as all cases were under study.
So, I got my supervisor to write a letter targeting a specific NOC code, but I was unaware of how strict they were on the actual wording at this point. So, he wrote the duties, and it turned out that alhtough it corresponded mostly to the NOC I had asked him to write under, there were a bunch of duties that definitely feel under another NOC.

When a few people got rejected based on that letter, I figured 1) I should have chosen another code; 2) I should have written the letter myself; 3) I should have used the exact wording from the CIC website. I thought about updating the letter or/and code, but it was so late in the game that everyone told me to wait and see, and got the rejection letter soon after.

THING IS: it seems to me that choosing a regular job NOC for what you do during your PhD is very risky even if the letter cooresponds perfectly, because if your prof just mentions TA or RA duties in one line to add to your duties, the officer can use that to say that the NOC you chose and the letter do not correspond.

Remember the person you got rejected based on the letter because he used "help" instead of "assist", and had all the right duties associated with NOC 4012.

Thanks to this thread, I think we kind of got a handle on this, but in the end, if they want to find something to reject you on, they will, as described in the above sentence. Canada is pretty easy to immigrate to, but it's still an administrative hassle. ;-)

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Willbeat said:
Hi, Thanks for the reply. My experience was not gained during PhD but it was before PhD. I do have RA/TA but I didnt choose 4012 as primary occupation, as there is still some confusion about it.

and I did not update the job letter, it is the same. I lately noticed that job duties in my job letter match more to 2123 than 4161. so with all documents same I change my noc in IMM 0008 and sent the revised one. My only worry is whether CIO replace my old IMM0008 with the revised IMM 0008
Could you post your letter and both of the NOC descriptions here? My reply was a bit confusing, what I meant was that even if you did update the NOC code, they would likely find issues within the initial letter, so you might have to update BOTH.
The danger is to have duties matching several NOCs in the letter...You can totally get rejected based on that...

When I applied, I was careful to ask my prof to use wording corresponding to the NOC job duties I chose, but the description he gave of the rest of my duties meant rejection.