+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
When did you submit it? I submitted a GCMS request on Sept. 26 and still waiting to receive it.
I had submitted it on September 25. You will probably receive it tomorrow.

aidina said:
That is better than nothing. At least shows that those people have something in my mind. Then, I will apply for my notes today. My old due date was Oct. 8th. Then, it is probably shifted to Jan. 6th. I should consider applying for our permits. That is unfortunate, of course.
Yes. It shows that they check our file by due date (FA01772 has updated my file on September 6). Since my security check is not completed, there has been nothing that officer could do.
They process study permit very fast now. Maybe, you can wait for a while before renewing that.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
beh467 said:
I had submitted it on September 25. You will probably receive it tomorrow.

Yes. It shows that they check our file by due date (FA01772 has updated my file on September 6). Since my security check is not completed, there has been nothing that officer could do.
They process study permit very fast now. Maybe, you can wait for a while before renewing that.
Oh yeah. I will apply for renewal at the beginning of Dec. Let's see what happens.

bioleaching

Jun 27, 2012
Dear Friends,
:( They have rejected my application. I have graduated and defended my PhD but they did not gain me the 5 points of adabtability. In their email they mentioned "did not complete a program of study at the time your application was submitted". Is it fair or even ture that we can't add documets after application was submitted?
As I remember, we can add more documents before their final descision !!! And I sent the letter of my graduation before that !!!
Any Idea?

Thanks

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
bioleaching said:
Dear Friends,
:( They have rejected my application. I have graduated and defended my PhD but they did not gain me the 5 points of adabtability. In their email they mentioned "did not complete a program of study at the time your application was submitted". Is it fair or even ture that we can't add documets after application was submitted?
As I remember, we can add more documents before their final descision !!! And I sent the letter of my graduation before that !!!
Any Idea?

Thanks
Such policies is just a pain in the neck! I am also close to my defense and was going to update my file. Now it seems there is no advantage for that. It's not very clear as they recently accepted updated reference letters. Kind of a contradiction. One can truly claim if they accept reference letters, why they do not accept other updated statuses.
One guess could be that they accept reference letters only if applicant updates on duties done in the past before app. submission. In case you want to add new work experience taken place after submission date, they do not accept it.
At least this is how I can accept it.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
bioleaching said:
Dear Friends,
Any Idea?

Thanks
email and inform them that you had updated your file with the graduation letter. Are you sure it was attached to your file ? did you receive any confirmation from them regarding this?. If so, send a screen shot of this confirmation too.

It seems they have started processing June 2012 applicants. Let us see how it unfolds...

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bioleaching said:
Dear Friends,
Any Idea?

Thanks
Sorry for your rejection!

I looked into operation manual (http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/RESOURCES/manuals/op/op06b-eng.pdf).
Page 31 and 32 is about adaptability.

Pursuant to R77, these requirements and criteria must be met at the time the application is made, as well as at the time the visa is issued. Therefore:

if an applicant's spouse or common-law partner is no longer accompanying them, then any points that they may have received for their adaptability cannot be counted;

if an applicant adds a spouse or common-law partner to their application between application and assessment, and submits the necessary documentation, points must be counted, if applicable, for that person under the adaptability criteria;

if the applicant or their spouse or common-law partner completes further study, works in Canada, arranges employment in Canada, or gains relatives in Canada between application and assessment, and submits the necessary documentation, points must be awarded accordingly.

According to the last one, they must give you the points.

Write an email to them and mention this part of the operation manual. Also, go to MP and and ask them to contact Ottawa regarding this.

Try your best to change their decision.

Good luck!

bioleaching

Jun 27, 2012
I have sent the letter of my graduation by all possible ways "Fax, Email, Mail", also I have all the confirmations "email (received), fax (received) and mail (received)". I have sent the letter on 21 October, and they rejected me today 29 Oct. It was still before the final assessment. What do you think? Do they will count it?
I called MP and they have arranged an appointment for next Wednesday. Is not a little bit late? How passing time does effect?
Thanks for all your helps.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
bioleaching said:
I have sent the letter of my graduation by all possible ways "Fax, Email, Mail", also I have all the confirmations "email (received), fax (received) and mail (received)". I have sent the letter on 21 October, and they rejected me today 29 Oct. It was still before the final assessment. What do you think? Do they will count it?
I called MP and they have arranged an appointment for next Wednesday. Is not a little bit late? How passing time does effect?
It could be the case that your documents were not added to your file before the date of their final assessment, or even they were never added at all (like mine). It will not hurt you if you send them an e-mail, and "let them know about the fact you provided them with that kind of documentation before they make their final decision". Also, provide them with proofs.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
bioleaching said:
Did you ask Ottawa if the documents you sent them were actually added to your file?. If you are referring to the generic auto reply confirmation that all of us get, then that is not sufficient proof. Someone from there needs to confirm that the letters were added to your file. When I updated my reference letters twice, each time someone (NN..... and RK.....) replied to my emails informing me that the documents were attached and this showed up on my GCMS notes.

You have 16 days to appeal their decision in the federal court if it comes to that

Good Luck and stay strong !

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
It could be the case that your documents were not added to your file before the date of their final assessment, or even they were never added at all (like mine). It will not hurt you if you send them an e-mail, and "let them know about the fact you provided them with that kind of documentation before they make their final decision". Also, provide them with proofs.
Aidina is right. Most probably, it is not added to your file.

Send them an email with all proofs that you have. Also, mention the parts in the operation manual that according to that they must give you the adaptability points.

If you don't get any response from them by next Wednesday do the same thing through MP.

I have been in the same boat and I know how you feel now but don't give up and try your best.

Hopefully, you will share the good news with us soon :)

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
S_Govind said:
Did you ask Ottawa if the documents you sent them were actually added to your file?. If you are referring to the generic auto reply confirmation that all of us get, then that is not sufficient proof. Someone from there needs to confirm that the letters were added to your file. When I updated my reference letters twice, each time someone (NN..... and RK.....) replied to my emails informing me that the documents were attached and this showed up on my GCMS notes.

You have 16 days to appeal their decision in the federal court if it comes to that

Good Luck and stay strong !
If this is quoted from Ottawa's email, "did not complete a program of study at the time your application was submitted", to me it sounds like that they have the evidence that the degree is obtained. This implies that there are two scenarios: either the officer overlooked the fact that "they are required to consider any experience or points that is obtained before the assessment", or they are rejecting people "intentionally". In any case, I would like to encourage you to try/fight to get your right back.

karanoha

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-June-2013
Med's Request
05-07-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Hello friends,
Is there anyone here who applied to CPP-O (PhD stream) on or after June 1st, 2013?
My CC was charged on Aug 21, but haven't heard anything from them since then !!
Are they still working on May applications ?

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Hi bioleaching,

bioleaching said:
They definitely must award you points for adaptability AND PhD degree even if you completed your program after submission of the application. I second S_Govind and beh467, you should definitely write them an email stating that you submitting the documents (attach proofs) and quoting the relevant sections of IRPA and OP6B.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
bioleaching said:
Dear Friends,
Any Idea?

Thanks
Hello there,

I am sorry to hear that! So your application was rejected as you got less than 67 pts?
As there was just 8 days between sending the letter of graduation and the decision, I'd say they didn't attach it to your file.
Send them an email ASAP as all the seniors said, and lets hope they won't take too long to clarify what happened!

Wish you the best of luck!

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
N_O said:
Hello there,

I am sorry to hear that! So your application was rejected as you got less than 67 pts?
As there was just 8 days between sending the letter of graduation and the decision, I'd say they didn't attach it to your file.
Send them an email ASAP as all the seniors said, and lets hope they won't take too long to clarify what happened!

Wish you the best of luck!
I would say call MP immediately. Sending emails and so on will take many days, especially I think they will answer such cases late (last year it took them 2 weeks to answer a similar email of mine). So you may lose the 15-day time to appeal through court/MP.
The sooner the better, call MP right away, and let us know what happens.

A friend of mine was unfairly refused recently. They first refused to re-open his case. He tried through MP and got his application re-open.