+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

I went to Immigration seminar at my university last week and turns out RA doesn't count as work for PhD stream any more! Also TA work only counts as work if its continuous (normally at my university its only from Sept to April) for 2/3 yrs!

Has anyone noticed this?

I was all set to apply in May 2014 but the new rules will make me ineligible! I got rejected 1.5 months ago when I had applied in CEC class! I have been in Canada for 7 yrs and 2 canadian degrees, working on the third one! Its frustrating that canada doesn't value educated people :'(

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
pari_p said:
Hey guys,

I went to Immigration seminar at my university last week and turns out RA doesn't count as work for PhD stream any more! Also TA work only counts as work if its continuous (normally at my university its only from Sept to April) for 2/3 yrs!

Has anyone noticed this?

I was all set to apply in May 2014 but the new rules will make me ineligible! I got rejected 1.5 months ago when I had applied in CEC class! I have been in Canada for 7 yrs and 2 canadian degrees, working on the third one! Its frustrating that canada doesn't value educated people :'(
RA is for sure not counted for CEC class. We have doubt about PhD stream. They didn't count it for you because you applied in CEC class. If you have 2 degrees, you should apply for phd stream, you can get a lot of points for adaptability and your degrees. Then you only need 1 year of continuous work from the past.

pari_p

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
RA is for sure not counted for CEC class. We have doubt about PhD stream. They didn't count it for you because you applied in CEC class. If you have 2 degrees, you should apply for phd stream, you can get a lot of points for adaptability and your degrees. Then you only need 1 year of continuous work from the past.
RA was counted when I applied. I know a lot people who got PR in CEC when they applied in May/June last year. Everyone after that was rejected!

Thats the problem I do not have 1 year experience from past.... I did my bachelors & masters degrees from here ,and now doing PhD! I did not take break to work outside! but I have been working as TA from my 4th year of bachelors and TA & RA since my masters! Looks like i need to finish early and apply for PNP!! PhD stream is not for me!

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
pari_p said:
RA was counted when I applied. I know a lot people who got PR in CEC when they applied in May/June last year. Everyone after that was rejected!

Thats the problem I do not have 1 year experience from past.... I did my bachelors & masters degrees from here ,and now doing PhD! I did not take break to work outside! but I have been working as TA from my 4th year of bachelors and TA & RA since my masters! Looks like i need to finish early and apply for PNP!! PhD stream is not for me!
Yes PNP may work. Other option is to find a job. As soon as you find it, you can get your PR easily.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pari_p said:
Hey guys,

Has anyone noticed this?

Are you sure that RA does not count for Phd stream anymore?
Who was giving the seminar?
For CEC this is mentioned in the operation manual but for FSW there is nothing in the operation manual.

Sarsanballa's GCMS notes can help all the applicants after May 2013 to see if the Ottawa is counting RA as work experience or not.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Anna2013 said:
These unfair treatments and for-some-others-much-much-longer-processing-times have started to suffocate me.
What can we do? Probably, we will be forming a new backlog for this immigration system!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anna2013 said:
These unfair treatments and for-some-others-much-much-longer-processing-times have started to suffocate me.
If they stop accepting RA as work experience in PhD stream it is really unfair as it is not mentioned anywhere in the operation manual.

They did unfair treatment to CEC applicants who had submitted their application before January 2013 because at the time they had applied there was nothing in the operation manual regarding not accepting the RA as work experience but they applied this rule to all applicants who had submitted their application before January 2013 too.

Anna2013

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
beh467 said:
If they stop accepting RA as work experience in PhD stream it is really unfair as it is not mentioned anywhere in the operation manual.

They did unfair treatment to CEC applicants who had submitted their application before January 2013 because at the time they had applied there was nothing in the operation manual regarding not accepting the RA as work experience but they applied this rule to all applicants who had submitted their application before January 2013 too.
They do these things all the time and it is so sad that the people who are affected "do nothing".

This is just driving me crazy. My IELTS will expire next week and I am no more eligible for PhD stream if I get rejected. And, now they have left us out and are taking care of the very later applicants! Can they ever do that? Isn't that their word that they process in order that the applications arrive?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Anna2013 said:
They do these things all the time and it is so sad that the people who are affected "do nothing".

This is just driving me crazy. My IELTS will expire next week and I am no more eligible for PhD stream if I get rejected. And, now they have left us out and are taking care of the very later applicants! Can they ever do that? Isn't that their word that they process in order that the applications arrive?
According to the guide, your Ielts score is valid if it is not expired when your app. reached CPP-O. So it doesn't matter if they assess your app after next week. At least this is what they said.

This program bothered many applicants as it was new and there was some inconsistency in the rules as well as between the officers. Nowadays it is more reliable.

Hope you get accepted, otherwise you should try finding a job and applying through CEC or PNP.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anna2013 said:

I agree. Doing nothing is the worst thing. If they reject anyone based on not accepting RA I think the applicant should write an email to them, go to MP and ask them to send another email to them. At least, this way they will get some feedback of their unfair treatment.

Maybe they are processing later applicants to keep the average processing time low which is unfair to applicants that have been waiting for months!

Good luck with your application!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
beh467 said:
I agree. Doing nothing is the worst thing. If they reject anyone based on not accepting RA I think the applicant should write an email to them, go to MP and ask them to send another email to them. At least, this way they will get some feedback of their unfair treatment.

Maybe they are processing later applicants to keep the average processing time low which is unfair to applicants that have been waiting for months!

Good luck with your application!
I also believe they are now processing later applications to keep the average processing time short, which is undoubtedly unfair.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
polestar707 said:
Still remember me? What I did last time? :eek:
I have your username at the spreadsheet, so I know what you did last summer :p
Wish you the best of luck in your next application.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
aidina said:
I also believe they are now processing later applications to keep the average processing time short, which is undoubtedly unfair.
I am not sure. Late cases that are assessed early are those who reapplied.

Is there any one who is a first-time applicant and got assessed early?