+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
nima2000 said:
Hey ALL,

I am a Quebec applicant and finally I got this email today:

'' As per Regulation 75(1), the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Alberta, you currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec. Furthermore, you have not completed your course of study . I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other that the Province of Quebec.''

Has anyone got similar email recently?
I will defend mt PhD in a month, so I will send them a letter about that+ I have applied for some jobs (4-5) outside Quebec, but no job offer yet. I will attach those email for job application too. I do want to go outside Quebec, but I have not had any job offer yet!
What else do you think I can send to them?

1)Do you think Talking to MP inside Quebec can help?!
2) Should I mention to them again that I get rejected 2 years ago for CSQ because of my poor French?

Please let me know what you think

Thanks a llot
When did you apply? What is your time line?

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Hi Guys ... I was going through the operation manual "OP 6-C – Federal Skilled Worker Class – Applications received on or after May 4, 2013" (link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf). Section 11.6: Adaptability has the following text, so just to want to check with you guys.

To be eligible for points, the principal applicant must have remained in good academic standing (as defined by the institution) during the period of fulltime study in Canada. The applicant is not required to have obtained an educational credential for completing a program in Canada; they simply must have completed at least two years of study in a program of at least two years in duration.

Does this mean, completion of 2 years of PhD study will lead us to get 5 points??? cause it does not says that we have to obtain educational credential and two years completion is enough to get. Also, completing 2 years of study in a program that requires 2 or more years will award us 5 point.. am I getting things correctly?? Anyone who applied after May 4, 2013 has any idea about this??

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
PhdStream said:
Hi Guys ... I was going through the operation manual "OP 6-C – Federal Skilled Worker Class – Applications received on or after May 4, 2013" (link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf). Section 11.6: Adaptability has the following text, so just to want to check with you guys.

To be eligible for points, the principal applicant must have remained in good academic standing (as defined by the institution) during the period of fulltime study in Canada. The applicant is not required to have obtained an educational credential for completing a program in Canada; they simply must have completed at least two years of study in a program of at least two years in duration.

Does this mean, completion of 2 years of PhD study will lead us to get 5 points??? Anyone who applied after May 4, 2013 has any idea about this??
sarsanballa's GCMS will confirm this, once and for all. But as of right now, I am of the opinion that completion of two years of Canadian PhD (and being in good academic standing) should make you eligible for these five points. Before the new rules, if you check OP6B, previous study adaptability points should be awarded if

the applicant or accompanying spouse or common- law partner completed a program of full-time study of at least two years' duration at a post-secondary institution in Canada, if this occurred after the age of seventeen and with valid study permits.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06b-eng.pdf‎
Goign by this wording, I wouldn't blame Ottawa for refusing to award these five points if the program was not yet completed.

However, if we check the new operation manual (OP6C), it is mentioned that the five points should be awarded if

the principal applicant completed at least two academic years of full-time study (in a program of at least two years in duration) at a secondary or post-secondary institution in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf

As a rule of thumb though, it is still in general not a good idea to rely on these five points (until we know for sure), but I think the wording change has already indicated that they now mean that completion of two years of Canadian secondary or post-secondary study should be enough for you to be awarded these five points.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
meyakanor said:
sarsanballa's GCMS will confirm this, once and for all. But as of right now, I am of the opinion that completion of two years of Canadian PhD (and being in good academic standing) should make you eligible for these five points. Before the new rules, if you check OP6B, previous study adaptability points should be awarded if

Goign by this wording, I wouldn't blame Ottawa for refusing to award these five points if the program was not yet completed.

However, if we check the new operation manual (OP6C), it is mentioned that the five points should be awarded if

As a rule of thumb though, it is still in general not a good idea to rely on these five points (until we know for sure), but I think the wording change has already indicated that they now mean that completion of two years of Canadian secondary or post-secondary study should be enough for you to be awarded these five points.
Thanks a lot ... Actually, now I've 66 points without adaptability point. The only way I can boost point is by English score (which I took for CEC and was careless then :)) ... if I get adaptability points I dont have to do it again, whose earliest date as of today is on Feb 1st, 2014.

Anyway, many thanks for your info ..

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
nima2000 said:
Hey ALL,

I am a Quebec applicant and finally I got this email today:

'' As per Regulation 75(1), the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Alberta, you currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec. Furthermore, you have not completed your course of study . I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other that the Province of Quebec.''

Has anyone got similar email recently?
I will defend mt PhD in a month, so I will send them a letter about that+ I have applied for some jobs (4-5) outside Quebec, but no job offer yet. I will attach those email for job application too. I do want to go outside Quebec, but I have not had any job offer yet!
What else do you think I can send to them?

1)Do you think Talking to MP inside Quebec can help?!
2) Should I mention to them again that I get rejected 2 years ago for CSQ because of my poor French?

Please let me know what you think

Thanks a llot
I do not know if they will work or not, but the reasons you mentioned above are good. I mean, without a job offer, what you can say more?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
I submitted my GCMS request Sept. 26. 1 month and 6 days passed, no received anything yet!
Anybody else experiencing delay on GCMS?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I submitted my GCMS request Sept. 26. 1 month and 6 days passed, no received anything yet!
Anybody else experiencing delay on GCMS?
send an email to them regarding the delay. Usually they reply fast

ptrs141

Nov 1, 2013
Hi!

I've sent my application under FSW- PhD on August 1st - received August 7th.
I haven't heard back from them yet and I was wondering if anyone else has similar experience.

Thanks,

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
ASG said:
The reason I got rejected was indeed because the duties in the letter did not fully match the lead statement/duties for the NOC code I had chosen. When I applied, the stream was pretty new and there had not been any rejections yet, as all cases were under study.
So, I got my supervisor to write a letter targeting a specific NOC code, but I was unaware of how strict they were on the actual wording at this point. So, he wrote the duties, and it turned out that alhtough it corresponded mostly to the NOC I had asked him to write under, there were a bunch of duties that definitely feel under another NOC.

When a few people got rejected based on that letter, I figured 1) I should have chosen another code; 2) I should have written the letter myself; 3) I should have used the exact wording from the CIC website. I thought about updating the letter or/and code, but it was so late in the game that everyone told me to wait and see, and got the rejection letter soon after.

THING IS: it seems to me that choosing a regular job NOC for what you do during your PhD is very risky even if the letter cooresponds perfectly, because if your prof just mentions TA or RA duties in one line to add to your duties, the officer can use that to say that the NOC you chose and the letter do not correspond.
Oh, I see now what you mean. Yes, I agree with you then.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
nima2000 said:
I am in the tracker!my application reached there 18-Aug-2012
Stuck In Quebec and maytheflower were requested to send a proof that they intend to live outside of Quebec, but I do not know what has happened with them. Try to contact them by PM as I haven't seen any posts for them for a long time.
Good luck!

engineer2012

Aug 8, 2013
Hello to All,

Dear Admin, please update my timeline:

application date: 4 Sep 2012
CC/BD encashed: Nov 5, 2012
PER issued: Nov 6, 2012
Doc request: April 4, 2013
Medical request: Sep 5, 2013
RPRF request: 17 Oct, 2013

TA/RA: included and other work experience
Nationality: Iranian
doc request: PhD info, CV, POF

In my second GCMS the due date was changed from November to December. In addition, FA accepted my updated RA letter which I submitted in June. In my first GCMS, SL did not give me points for RA/TA experience because of the reasons that we all know of, however, the first assessment was done before letter update. I got points from my work experiences and passed the eligibility assessment.

Regards,

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
engineer2012 said:
Hello to All,

Dear Admin, please update my timeline:

application date: 4 Sep 2012
CC/BD encashed: Nov 5, 2012
PER issued: Nov 6, 2012
Doc request: April 4, 2013
Medical request: Sep 5, 2013
RPRF request: 17 Oct, 2013

TA/RA: included and other work experience
Nationality: Iranian
doc request: PhD info, CV, POF

In my second GCMS the due date was changed from November to December. In addition, FA accepted my updated RA letter which I submitted in June. In my first GCMS, SL did not give me points for RA/TA experience because of the reasons that we all know of, however, the first assessment was done before letter update. I got points from my work experiences and passed the eligibility assessment.

Regards,
What about June and July applicants? What is going on?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
N_O said:
Stuck In Quebec and maytheflower were requested to send a proof that they intend to live outside of Quebec, but I do not know what has happened with them. Try to contact them by PM as I haven't seen any posts for them for a long time.
Good luck!
Problem is that his/her local MP is from Quebec and maybe he/she will not be happy to help him/her to move out of quebec!!!
Maybe doesn't hurt to try though.

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Problem is that his/her local MP is from Quebec and maybe he/she will not be happy to help him/her to move out of quebec!!!
Maybe doesn't hurt to try though.
Do you know if they (MP) usually give us like a letteror they will contact to CIC directly?