+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Hello,

I got a quick question regarding the adaptability point for Canadian RA/TA work. According to the old FSW guideline, applicants should get 5 point if they have at least 1 year work experience in Canada. Does it hold true for RA/TA work too? I mean, if someone apply only with RA/TA experience in Canadian university, will he/she be eligible for the 5 adaptability point? Has anyone who already got their PR using only Canadian RA/TA experience got this 5 adaptability point?

Thanks in advance.

BetsyZ

Oct 24, 2013
Hello everyone,

My info is added to immigration tracker but it is not complete.

Please please update my record:

Medical request: 10 Sep 2013
RPRF requested: 17 Oct 2013

Thank you.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New13 said:
Hello,

I got a quick question regarding the adaptability point for Canadian RA/TA work. According to the old FSW guideline, applicants should get 5 point if they have at least 1 year work experience in Canada. Does it hold true for RA/TA work too? I mean, if someone apply only with RA/TA experience in Canadian university, will he/she be eligible for the 5 adaptability point? Has anyone who already got their PR using only Canadian RA/TA experience got this 5 adaptability point?

Thanks in advance.
To get the adaptability points for 1 year of work experience in Canada your work must be under work permit. So, you won't get adaptability points for that but it seems that under new rules you should get 5 points for two years of full-time study in Canada. However no application after May 2013 is assessed by Ottawa yet and no one knows how they will interpret the new rules.

Good luck!

Uzbekistan

Sep 26, 2013
BetsyZ said:
Hello everyone,

My info is added to immigration tracker but it is not complete.

Please please update my record:

Medical request: 10 Sep 2013
RPRF requested: 17 Oct 2013

Thank you.

Did they ask you 6 month bank history or only balance statement?

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
beh467 said:
To get the adaptability points for 1 year of work experience in Canada your work must be under work permit. So, you won't get adaptability points for that but it seems that under new rules you should get 5 points for two years of full-time study in Canada. However no application after May 2013 is assessed by Ottawa yet and no one knows how they will interpret the new rules.
sarsanballa's application was submitted after May 4 2013, and his was already assessed by Ottawa. It's not clear though whether they granted him these five points or not, since he was not dependent on these points to get above 67 points.

Regarding the 10 points for previous work, I don't think the problem was necessarily the fact that we got our experience through study permit, but the fact that we don't have one year of full-time work experience (there is no 'equivalent in part time'). The following part of IRPR is pertinent to the evaluation as to one is qualified for these 10 adaptability points

(c) for any previous period of full-time work under a work permit or authorized under section 186 of at least one year in Canada by the skilled worker in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix, 10 points;

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/page-36.html#docCont
And Subsection 186(f) states that a foreign national may work in Canada

(f) if they are a full-time student, on the campus of the university or college at which they are a full-time student, for the period for which they hold a study permit to study at that university or college;

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-77.html#docCont
So assuming that you will fulfil the full-time study requirement, then work under study permit should also count for the purpose of adaptability points, but it's just that we don't usually do work full-time as TA/RA, and it is not mentioned that the equivalent of full-time will be accepted too.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meyakanor said:
sarsanballa's application was submitted after May 4 2013, and his was already assessed by Ottawa. It's not clear though whether they granted him these five points or not, since he was not dependent on these points to get above 67 points.
You are right. If Sarsanballa gets the GCMS notes then it will be clear if they give it or not.
If you remeber the officer had rejected me first because of the error in IELTS score calculation. That is part of the rejection email:
"I could not award you any points for Adaptability as you do not have a spouse, you do not have a relative in Canada, you have not worked full-time for one year on a work permit, and you have not completed a program of study in Canada. "

This is why I am saying that the work should be under work permit to get the adaptability points.

otacon

Jun 4, 2012
Final update: Received passports with visas from CPP on Sep. 26 (mailed passports out on Sep. 11). Landed at YYZ this week.

Good luck to those who are still waiting!

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
sarsanballa said:
Hi guys,
So I applied for CAIPS note yesterday and we will find out how the Ottawa people did the evaluation.
Keep sharing, man. The information in your next GCMS notes will be vital. It will be threefold:
1. We will know if they still accept TA/RA for applications received after May 4 2013
2. We will know if they now grant adaptability points for previous study, even without having completed any degree
3. We will know if they now grant adaptability points for previous work (this one is unlikely)

What we know for sure, though, at least one of these would need to be true for sarsanballa to get above 67 points, so we will have good news no matter what :)

beh467 said:
If you remeber the officer had rejected me first because of the error in IELTS score calculation. That is part of the rejection email:
"I could not award you any points for Adaptability as you do not have a spouse, you do not have a relative in Canada, you have not worked full-time for one year on a work permit, and you have not completed a program of study in Canada. "

This is why I am saying that the work should be under work permit to get the adaptability points.
Ya, but your application was evaluated under the old rule, which clear stated that work experience needs to be gained under work permit. The new rule states that work experience may be gained under authorization as prescribed in Subsection 186, one of which is study permit if you're studying full-time.

Again, this is probably a moot point anyway, since most of us are not doing TA/RA full-time, and it is not stated anywhere that equivalent part-time work experience will be accepted :(

otacon said:
Final update: Received passports with visas from CPP on Sep. 26 (mailed passports out on Sep. 11). Landed at YYZ this week.

Good luck to those who are still waiting!
Congrats, man :D

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meyakanor said:
Ya, but your application was evaluated under the old rule, which clear stated that work experience needs to be gained under work permit. The new rule states that work experience may be gained under authorization as prescribed in Subsection 186, one of which is study permit if you're studying full-time.
I didn't know that they have changed it in the new rules. Wish they give these points so everyone can easily pass 67 :)

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
Did not you get any update from MP?
The MP assistant told me that he has forwarded the information regarding my police certificate to them . Then, I emailed Ottawa regarding the police certificate. This is their response:

In reply to your email, and after verification, I can confirm that we have your Police Certificate on file.

Your application is still under review.

While we process applications as expeditiously as possible, each application is unique and we are unable to guarantee a specific time frame for its completion.

Please be assured that you will be contacted if further documentation is required of you.

Please consult our website for further details on how to extend your stay as a visitor: www.cic.gc.ca.

It seems that this waiting will not be over soon!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
beh467 said:
The MP assistant told me that he has forwarded the information regarding my police certificate to them . Then, I emailed Ottawa regarding the police certificate. This is their response:

In reply to your email, and after verification, I can confirm that we have your Police Certificate on file.

Your application is still under review.

While we process applications as expeditiously as possible, each application is unique and we are unable to guarantee a specific time frame for its completion.

Please be assured that you will be contacted if further documentation is required of you.

Please consult our website for further details on how to extend your stay as a visitor: www.cic.gc.ca.

It seems that this waiting will not be over soon!
Yes. It is almost 4 month after the medical for me and 5 month for you. They never asked me for any additional information which is commonly asked from Iranians. I really hope it will be completed before the beginning of the next year, but I am not terribly optimistic.

jutos

Jan 28, 2013
aidina said:
Yes. It is almost 4 month after the medical for me and 5 month for you. They even never ask me for any additional information which is commonly asked from Iranians. I really hope it will be completed before the beginning of the next year, but I am not terribly optimistic.

Relax, all June 2012 applicants haven't got any message so far. And you really do not count on CIC staffs.