Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
GUL123 said:
Hi,

we got passport request for me, my wife and my two years old son. Our child is in india now but we are in canada. As we can not ask someone to mail passport of our child from india as it is not legal to deliver passport. Is there any way to solve this problem. \

Any suggestion Please,
I had to ask somebody to do a passport delivery for me before to my home country. You can probably find a traveler friend or somebody to do that for you.

By the way, did you apply for permanent residency of your spouse or your child while they were not living in Canada?
Did you include them in your application?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Today went to the Service Ontario office to renew my OHIP, they provided me for one yr at the beginning and issue a letter which said if the processing not done by one yr they will give another yr. I have to show that eligibility letter to the service ontario office to get another yr. And they said if by next one yr I don't get my PR they will extend for another yr....:(((.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
kaziahmmed said:
Today went to the Service Ontario office to renew my OHIP, they provided me for one yr at the beginning and issue a letter which said if the processing not done by one yr they will give another yr. I have to show that eligibility letter to the service ontario office to get another yr. And they said if by next one yr I don't get my PR they will extend for another yr....:(((.
This is not bad! What's wrong with it then?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
This is not bad! What's wrong with it then?
Coz even passing the Eligibility, waiting for almost 17 months, haven't get the MR yet. Applicants who applied even 1 month earlier got the PR already and in this kind of situation if someone tell u to come for another yr extension u will definitely hate him/her or maybe urself right? :)

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
kaziahmmed said:
Coz even passing the Eligibility, waiting for almost 17 months, haven't get the MR yet. Applicants who applied even 1 month earlier got the PR already and in this kind of situation if someone tell u to come for another yr extension u will definitely hate him/her or maybe urself right? :)
Imagine if we were not eligible for OHIP coverage until we actually become PR.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Imagine if we were not eligible for OHIP coverage until we actually become PR.
Doesn't really would make any difference like our tuition, although switch to domestic tuition but at the same time international tuition award is been taken away. The amount decreased from this award is higher what our PR processing status reduced in the tuition. So at the end of the month getting the same shxxxt what used to get before. I believe it is the similar situation in all Ontario school.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
kaziahmmed said:
Doesn't really would make any difference like our tuition, although switch to domestic tuition but at the same time international tuition award is been taken away. The amount decreased from this award is higher what our PR processing status reduced in the tuition. So at the end of the month getting the same shxxxt what used to get before. I believe it is the similar situation in all Ontario school.
Yes, but now you don't have to pay for UHIP for yourself and the family members. In my school, the international graduate scholarship covered the difference in tuition fees only, UHIP was always responsibility of a student.

BetsyZ

Oct 24, 2013
Hi,

Please add my information:

Application reached CIO: 4 Sep 2012
CC/BD encashed: 5 Nov 2012
PER issued (CIO): 6 Nov 2012
Doc requested: 8 Apr 2013
Requested document type: CV, Supervisor's info, PhD info, list of publications
Medical request: 10 Sep 2013
Doc requested: 17 Oct 2013
Requested document type: RPRF
No. of persons in the application: 2
TA/RA Experience: Included
Nationality: Iran

Thank you.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
phdsocialwork said:
Aidina, did you later claim those 5 points for baby?
I claimed and included every document needed for it. Sidney gave me 5 points, but Ottawa decided not to give me the points. I did not take any action against it as I already passed the threshold, however, I can not understand why they did not give me the points.

GUL123

Oct 23, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I had to ask somebody to do a passport delivery for me before to my home country. You can probably find a traveler friend or somebody to do that for you.

By the way, did you apply for permanent residency of your spouse or your child while they were not living in Canada?
Did you include them in your application?
thanks for the suggestion. yes we all are on the application. Onething, it is really hard to find someone trustworty to bring pp here. do u think i should raise the issue with CIC by emailing them.

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
aysuda said:
Hey All,

I just wanna ask those who updated their reference letter of work experience and also those who got the document request from CIC. My question is that after sending the documents by email, have you received any confirmation from them (other than auto reply emails ) to see if they saved your files and would consider them ? My friend tried it twice but no confirmation yet other than auto replies.

Thank you
I had emailed them my 6 months bank statements and updated reference letter....the whole thing was approx. 55 pages long....all they emailed me back was to "please post these documents"....i guess it was too much for them to print...;-P

I did not receive any update from them after i mailed it though...

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
zhougt said:
Hi guys,

I submitted my application in Jan 2013, and got my PER in Feb 2013. But since then, I haven't received any update from the Ottawa office. Recently, I updated my marital status with them, and asked if it is possible to check my application process. The reply is:

"Your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. No action is needed from your part, at this present time. You will be contacted should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file."

I wonder how long would it take to start the process? It is almost 10 months so I started to worry about my application. I notice in our tacker system that most applications after Dec 2012 are "in process". But most application before Dec 2012 got some update (doc request, med request) back to this June. It is so strange that there is no update from June 2013 to now, for almost everyone.
hey zhougt,

I sent my application in Feb and got PER in March 2013. I received my GCMS notes in September. My file has not even been looked at by the people in Ottawa. The only update that was there was from the people in Sydney. If you are worried then ask for the GCMS notes. You will get an update thru that.

sgtrigger

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
phdsocialwork said:
I received my GCSM notes recently and although I have 70 points in total, I am wondering if it would make sense to ask them to update my adaptability points (then I would have 75). They gave me 0 adaptability points although I have child who was born in Canada and has a Canadian citizenship (I submitted them birth certificate) and I also have other close family members whose passports' copies I sent them. I am just wondering if I should bother at all with extra points since I am above 67.
Hey phdsocialwork,

Was it sydney who did not give you the adaptibility points or was it ottawa. The reason I am asking this is because Sydney just gave me 68 points as well and did not give me any adaptibility points even though i have studied here and have a wife who has also studied/worked here. The same thing happened with another person on this forum. I guess Sydney just calculates until your points are above 67 and then goes ahead and forwards your file.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

I received e-mails from CIC requesting me to do medicals and pay RPRF this morning. All the best for all of your applications.
Stay happy, guys. :)