+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Ami2002 said:
Btw, is it necessary to keep that amount for more than 6 months in the account before we apply?
That is what I am having trouble with .. I am doing an internship and is expecting to have that amount by the end it. I want to apply right after finishing it but this "6 month" issue is bugging me a lot.

Any comments from experience applicants would be appreciated.

rhsaif

Aug 19, 2013
Hi

Unfortunately I got rejected due to their misunderstanding about my duties and responsibilities in my job. I tried to keep the application thin and simple. That brought misfortunes. Though I had the reference letter of my supervisor, I sent only work experience certificate. So, I advise you all to send all and make the application as possible as big to make them overwhelm. Next time I will do the same. will send overwhelming amount of documents.

I have few question about this new FWS criteria:

1) Can we get 5 points in adaptability section if I complete 2 years in my PhD program with good CGPA? N.B.: I did not do masters or any other course here.

2) In work experience criteria, they said 13 points for 4-5 years experiences. However, I have 5 years few months experiences. So, how much point can I get: 13 or 15?

Take care.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
rhsaif said:
Hi

Unfortunately I got rejected due to their misunderstanding about my duties and responsibilities in my job. I tried to keep the application thin and simple. That brought misfortunes. Though I had the reference letter of my supervisor, I sent only work experience certificate. So, I advise you all to send all and make the application as possible as big to make them overwhelm. Next time I will do the same. will send overwhelming amount of documents.

Take care.
Sorry to hear this.Were you rejected by Ottawa ? Would you mind sharing your timeline with us? We would like to see if processing of applications has begun post the strike.

1.You cannot get adaptability points as long as you have not completed a program of study as per the rules prior to may 2013. I am not sure of the new interpretation though

2.I would say 15- again it comes down to the VO evaluating your file

chenying3612

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Hi seniors,

I have a question which bothered me for a long time. Should I have the settlement funds ready when I submit the application, or before I am asked for the proof of fund?

If this money should be ready when the application is made, does that mean I have to get this money prepared 6 months before the application (since 6-month bank history will be required)?

Many thanks.

Ami2002

Oct 18, 2013
rhsaif said:
Though I had the reference letter of my supervisor, I sent only work experience certificate.
Whats the difference between reference letter and experience certificate? If the letter provided by company HR describes the duties which I carried out, both are the same, isn't it?

Thanks

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
rhsaif said:
Hi

I have few question about this new FWS criteria:

1) Can we get 5 points in adaptability section if I complete 2 years in my PhD program with good CGPA? N.B.: I did not do masters or any other course here.

2) In work experience criteria, they said 13 points for 4-5 years experiences. However, I have 5 years few months experiences. So, how much point can I get: 13 or 15?

Take care.
Sorry about the rejection. I know its painful. I was just wondering who sent you the rejection email? Is it from Ottawa and is it officer SL...?

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ami2002 said:
Thanks vasyok for the info.
The 2nd account is a joint account in the same bank. So, then I guess it shouldn't be a problem.

Btw, is it necessary to keep that amount for more than 6 months in the account before we apply?
My guess is that one has to keep enough money from the day of application until he/she becomes a landed immigrant. (I had money on my account for more than 6 months before the application, so I didn't have this issue)

vasyok

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chenying3612 said:
Hi seniors,

I have a question which bothered me for a long time. Should I have the settlement funds ready when I submit the application, or before I am asked for the proof of fund?

If this money should be ready when the application is made, does that mean I have to get this money prepared 6 months before the application (since 6-month bank history will be required)?

Many thanks.
You have to show that you have enough funds when you submit an application, it's one of the items on the checklist.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
HTC2013 said:
Got my RPRF yesterday...
Congrats !
Hope you get your passport request soon. Your relatively fast progress should provide hope for others :D

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
vasyok said:
My guess is that one has to keep enough money from the day of application until he/she becomes a landed immigrant. (I had money on my account for more than 6 months before the application, so I didn't have this issue)
Not having enough fund periodically is like taking a risk. They may request it any time during your application. It's less probable that they request it for a second time. But it IS STILL possible.

Usually they request it a few months after you submitted your app. So you will have some gap to compensate it. But nobody can say when exactly they request it from you. Having all the fund six months before submission date is a little unnecessary. Still a better option would be sending it with your original app. so they won't request it, plus you save some time .

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Not having enough fund periodically is like taking a risk. They may request it any time during your application. It's less probable that they request it for a second time. But it IS STILL possible.

Usually they request it a few months after you submitted your app. So you will have some gap to compensate it. But nobody can say when exactly they request it from you. Having all the fund six months before submission date is a little unnecessary. Still a better option would be sending it with your original app. so they won't request it, plus you save some time .
So it is not necessary to submit 6 months bank statement at the time of application submissions, only bank letter stating total amount in each accounts is necessary, right??. We present it once they asked??

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
PhdStream said:
So it is not necessary to submit 6 months bank statement at the time of application submissions, only bank letter stating total amount in each accounts is necessary, right??. We present it once they asked??
Correct. But, as hamed_hamed_hamed said, they may ask at any time. When I applied they tended to ask for proof of funds shortly before medicals, but then this "rule" has changed and became less predictable.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
PhdStream said:

Yes. If you are under circumstances that can not choose the better option, then you may choose to present the bank history when they request it.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
S_Govind said:
1.You cannot get adaptability points as long as you have not completed a program of study as per the rules prior to may 2013. I am not sure of the new interpretation though
The wording has changed for the new rules. I think you will get the five adaptability points for previous study for having completed two years of full-time PhD study. But again, we need to know for sure, and certainly, no post May 4 2013 applicants have gotten to the stage where we can verify one way or another. Let's hope they're consistent with the wording of the law.

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Yes. If you are under circumstances that can not choose the better option, then you may choose to present the bank history when they request it.
If I'm not mistaken, several members here provided less than six months of bank statement history, and already got their PR without getting asked for the six months. TyrusX was one example (he only provided one month of bank history, and no bank statement request was made afterwards).

For early 2012 applicants, usually bank statement request indicated that minimum requirements and selection factor had already been met (this was the case for several members here, and also for me), but some later 2012 applicants got this request way before their applications even got evaluated, so it's really hard to draw any sort of conclusion as to what this request means anymore.