14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
meyakanor said:
The wording has changed for the new rules. I think you will get the five adaptability points for previous study for having completed two years of full-time PhD study. But again, we need to know for sure, and certainly, no post May 4 2013 applicants have gotten to the stage where we can verify one way or another. Let's hope they're consistent with the wording of the law.

If I'm not mistaken, several members here provided less than six months of bank statement history, and already got their PR without getting asked for the six months. TyrusX was one example (he only provided one month of bank history, and no bank statement request was made afterwards).

For early 2012 applicants, usually bank statement request indicated that minimum requirements and selection factor had already been met (this was the case for several members here, and also for me), but some later 2012 applicants got this request way before their applications even got evaluated, so it's really hard to draw any sort of conclusion as to what this request means anymore.

I agree, though my feeling is they made it a little tougher for next applicants, so that most applicants these days are requested to provide 6-month account history. One can try his/her chance and wait until they actually request it.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
meyakanor said:
The wording has changed for the new rules. I think you will get the five adaptability points for previous study for having completed two years of full-time PhD study. But again, we need to know for sure, and certainly, no post May 4 2013 applicants have gotten to the stage where we can verify one way or another. Let's hope they're consistent with the wording of the law.

If I'm not mistaken, several members here provided less than six months of bank statement history, and already got their PR without getting asked for the six months. TyrusX was one example (he only provided one month of bank history, and no bank statement request was made afterwards).

For early 2012 applicants, usually bank statement request indicated that minimum requirements and selection factor had already been met (this was the case for several members here, and also for me), but some later 2012 applicants got this request way before their applications even got evaluated, so it's really hard to draw any sort of conclusion as to what this request means anymore.
I think it works like this. The less money you have, the higher are the chances you will get a request for 6 months bank history.

aysuda

Jul 2, 2013
kg.jadu said:
Hi

Email one more time asking if they received the documents. Eventually some visa officer will respond. Meanwhile, order GCMS notes---when she receives them 4 weeks later, it will show if the letter has been added to the file.

If they do not ask for anything special, don't do it. I don't see why CV should be on an official letterhead.

Regards
Hey All,

I just wanna ask those who updated their reference letter of work experience and also those who got the document request from CIC. My question is that after sending the documents by email, have you received any confirmation from them (other than auto reply emails ) to see if they saved your files and would consider them ? My friend tried it twice but no confirmation yet other than auto replies.

Thank you

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
aysuda said:
Hey All,

I just wanna ask those who updated their reference letter of work experience and also those who got the document request from CIC. My question is that after sending the documents by email, have you received any confirmation from them (other than auto reply emails ) to see if they saved your files and would consider them ? My friend tried it twice but no confirmation yet other than auto replies.

Thank you
No confirmation will be sent.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
aysuda said:
Hey aysuda,

If you specifically ask, they might send you a confirmation email. I received personal confirmations for both my updated letter of reference and proof of funds email. The person from RK6165 department who worked with my file was extra nice and polite actually.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kg.jadu said:
Hey aysuda,

If you specifically ask, they might send you a confirmation email. I received personal confirmations for both my updated letter of reference and proof of funds email. The person from RK6165 department who worked with my file was extra nice and polite actually.
For me they never confirmed the receipt of the updated reference letter. But for the documents like Phd information and Police certificate that was requested by them they confirmed that they received it.

zhougt

May 15, 2012
Hi guys,

I submitted my application in Jan 2013, and got my PER in Feb 2013. But since then, I haven't received any update from the Ottawa office. Recently, I updated my marital status with them, and asked if it is possible to check my application process. The reply is:

"Your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. No action is needed from your part, at this present time. You will be contacted should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file."

I wonder how long would it take to start the process? It is almost 10 months so I started to worry about my application. I notice in our tacker system that most applications after Dec 2012 are "in process". But most application before Dec 2012 got some update (doc request, med request) back to this June. It is so strange that there is no update from June 2013 to now, for almost everyone.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
zhougt said:
Hi guys,

I submitted my application in Jan 2013, and got my PER in Feb 2013. But since then, I haven't received any update from the Ottawa office. Recently, I updated my marital status with them, and asked if it is possible to check my application process. The reply is:

"Your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. No action is needed from your part, at this present time. You will be contacted should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file."

I wonder how long would it take to start the process? It is almost 10 months so I started to worry about my application. I notice in our tacker system that most applications after Dec 2012 are "in process". But most application before Dec 2012 got some update (doc request, med request) back to this June. It is so strange that there is no update from June 2013 to now, for almost everyone.

This is strange, since most applicants already got some doc request by now , unless your app is so complete and does not need any additional documents.

For your marital status, this is again strange since I am having a similar case as you. They sent me many documents to update especially for my spouse. By the way they send these docs only if you got married, otherwise maybe you don't need them.

Good news is that last week I sent them 3 emails, and they replied them the next day! So quick. :)

zhougt

May 15, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
This is strange, since most applicants already got some doc request by now , unless your app is so complete and does not need any additional documents.

For your marital status, this is again strange since I am having a similar case as you. They sent me many documents to update especially for my spouse. By the way they send these docs only if you got married, otherwise maybe you don't need them.

Good news is that last week I sent them 3 emails, and they replied them the next day! So quick. :)
Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, I agree. It is strange to have no update after 10 months. According to their email, my application is "in queue for review by an officer". It sounds like the review of my application is not started yet. So we don't know if it is complete or not. Is anyone in this forum experiencing the same problem? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process?

As for the marital status, I am also informed to update a list of documents, including some IMM forms, our marriage certificate, my spouse's id/passport, etc.

phdsocialwork

Apr 6, 2013
I received my GCSM notes recently and although I have 70 points in total, I am wondering if it would make sense to ask them to update my adaptability points (then I would have 75). They gave me 0 adaptability points although I have child who was born in Canada and has a Canadian citizenship (I submitted them birth certificate) and I also have other close family members whose passports' copies I sent them. I am just wondering if I should bother at all with extra points since I am above 67.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
phdsocialwork said:
I received my GCSM notes recently and although I have 70 points in total, I am wondering if it would make sense to ask them to update my adaptability points (then I would have 75). They gave me 0 adaptability points although I have child who was born in Canada and has a Canadian citizenship (I submitted them birth certificate) and I also have other close family members whose passports' copies I sent them. I am just wondering if I should bother at all with extra points since I am above 67.
Was it CIO@Sydney who did the evaluation or your designated visa office? I mean 70 points which you have got for your application. And if you can claim those five points, then go for it.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
phdsocialwork said:
Ottawa did not give me 5 points for baby as well.

GUL123

Oct 23, 2013
Hi,

we got passport request for me, my wife and my two years old son. Our child is in india now but we are in canada. As we can not ask someone to mail passport of our child from india as it is not legal to deliver passport. Is there any way to solve this problem. \

Any suggestion Please,

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
GUL123 said:
Hi,

we got passport request for me, my wife and my two years old son. Our child is in india now but we are in canada. As we can not ask someone to mail passport of our child from india as it is not legal to deliver passport. Is there any way to solve this problem. \

Any suggestion Please,
I know DHL can deliver your passport with an authorization from your foreign ministry. They have a designated form which you need to fill up and signed by your foreign ministry. So contact your nearest DHL office they could explain u in detail. Hope this helps.
And Congratulations for the Passport request.