+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

wintercolder

May 7, 2013
Hi Saeedp62,
Have you received any news about file No.,etc from CIO so far? Thanks.

saeedp62 said:
Hi there.

Plz add my info to the the excel datasheet :

Name: Saeedp62
Application Received by CIO: 16/08/2013 (Signed by: GLEN MILLER)
No. of Persons included: 1
Work Experiacne: Only RA

Regards, :)

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I went to MP this morning.

The MP assistant called them and they told that the security check is started but they have not received the original police certificate (I had sent the translation with my application and they requested for the original on June 14,2013) but I have sent original police certificate on June 18 and the tracking results shows that they have received it on June 19. Also, in the incoming section of GCMS notes it shows that they have received it and have update my file on June 21. I sent this information to MP assistant. He told me that he will send an email to them regarding this and will inform me when they reply him.

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beh467 said:

The MP assistant called them and they told that the security check is started but they have not received the original police certificate (I had sent the translation with my application and they requested for the original on June 14,2013) but I have sent original police certificate on June 18 and the tracking results shows that they have received it on June 19. Also, in the incoming section of GCMS notes it shows that they have received it and have update my file on June 21. I sent this information to MP assistant. He told me that he will send an email to them regarding this and will inform me when they reply him.
Interesting!
Did they tell you how long the security check is supposed to take?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehroonir said:
Interesting!
Did they tell you how long the security check is supposed to take?
No. But the MP assistant told he will ask them about this when he sends the email (I told him that my study permit will expire soon and I need to know this).
I will update you when he replies me.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
superstring said:
This Monday CIC people gave an information session at the University of Waterloo. Many PhD students asked them again and again whether RA/TA still are accepted as work experience towards fulfilling the requirement of FSW International PhD stream. The CIC people replied again and again they no longer get accepted as work experience. The one year work experience must be obtained outside post-secondary programs.
One of friends visited that information session, and he told me the same thing (though he said that the officer did NOT make a distinction between the different immigration streams).

I would still ask, though, if they could point to the part of IRPR that states it. For CEC, it's very clear. If you check R87.1(3a), it clearly states that

for the purposes of subsection (2),

(a) any period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study shall not be included in calculating a period of work experience;

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/page-39.html#h-48
And subsection 2 defines on how one can be considered to be part of the Canadian Experience Class, so this amendment, at least from the way I read it, seems exclusive to CEC.

Everybody here is welcomed to point out to me the law (from either IRPR or IRPA) that explicitly mentions that TA/RA won't be accepted any more for FSWP. I'm really curious about this. I've read parts of the regulations, especially those pertaining to the skilled worker class, and found no such amendments.

Since they are being very explicit about this within the context of CEC, I would assume that, if they would really like to close this loophole for FSWP, they would've been very explicit about it too.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
beh467 said:

I am sending the same stuff soon to them.

I am still negative about these guys especially when I hear such news.

Do you live in Ontario? What did you ask from MP originally?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I am sending the same stuff soon to them.

I am still negative about these guys especially when I hear such news.

Do you live in Ontario? What did you ask from MP originally?
Don't forget to keep the post receipts. I myself always put a signature request on the letter as well to make sure that they have received it.

I am confused. Because my criminality is passed and if they don't have the original one how it is passed!
Also, the incoming in my GCMS shows that they have received it.

Yes, I am in Ontario.
I asked the MP assistant to call them and ask about my application status.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
beh467 said:
No. But the MP assistant told he will ask them about this when he sends the email (I told him that my study permit will expire soon and I need to know this).
I will update you when he replies me.
Please update me as well :).

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
meyakanor said:
One of friends visited that information session, and he told me the same thing (though he said that the officer did NOT make a distinction between the different immigration streams).

I would still ask, though, if they could point to the part of IRPR that states it. For CEC, it's very clear. If you check R87.1(3a), it clearly states that

And subsection 2 defines on how one can be considered to be part of the Canadian Experience Class, so this amendment, at least from the way I read it, seems exclusive to CEC.

Everybody here is welcomed to point out to me the law (from either IRPR or IRPA) that explicitly mentions that TA/RA won't be accepted any more for FSWP. I'm really curious about this. I've read parts of the regulations, especially those pertaining to the skilled worker class, and found no such amendments.

Since they are being very explicit about this within the context of CEC, I would assume that, if they would really like to close this loophole for FSWP, they would've been very explicit about it too.

I am not sure if they count it recently. Many of us rely only on RAship. We need somebody whose RAship has been accepted recently to make this clear for us.

nasim2

Oct 2, 2013
Thanks.

would you please add my info to the the excel datasheet :

Application Received by CIO: 7 Jan 2013
PER by CIO : 18 Feb 2013
Work Experiacne: included
TA/RA : included

Regards,

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just remembered now that I had sent an email to Ottawa to confirm the receipt of PhD info and police certificate (I had sent both at the same time) and they confirmed it that time!

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
It is really interesting story. Good Luck

beh467 said:
I just remembered now that I had sent an email to Ottawa to confirm the receipt of PhD info and police certificate (I had sent both at the same time) and they confirmed it that time!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samira sokn said:
It is really interesting story. Good Luck
Maybe the agent that MP assistant talked to today made a mistake. Because it doesn't make sense that my criminality is passed without original police certificate. Also, they have confirmed the receipt of police certificate through email and GCMS notes confirms that too.

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Please re-add me to the timeline (resubmitted after failed CC payment)

Application Received by CIO: 2 Oct 2013
PER by CIO : Not issued yet
Work Experience: included
TA/RA : included