+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

MJ2

Aug 21, 2012
GeographyPhD said:
Finally: I know that I don't have to re-do the English test (thankfully, especially because its my first language), but do I have to send original documents, or signed documents again, even though they have a copy of them already?
Sorry to hear about your story. I got rejected in July and I am almost ready to submit the new one. I gave up on my previous one as they are quite rigid on their decision.
I believe they want original of almost everything you sent before except English test. I am not sure if you have to include english test but just in case make sure you attach your rejection letter to your test results copy.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wes_hd05 said:
* Question about RA (Research Assistant) as work experience for the PhD stream *

Hi, could anyone please help clarify this for me? At a PR information session at my university, they said from May 2013 they no longer counted RA as work experience for the Federal skilled worker program. Did anyone recently get rejected or approved, using research assistant as work experience to satisfy the minimum 1 year of work experience required for this class?

Thanks!
Hi

Up to know they have accepted the RA as work experience provided that the reference letter includes the lead statement as well as substantial number of main duties.

GeographyPhD

Sep 29, 2013
Hi all,

Just to clarify: a copy of some of the documents is required (i.e. not the original document itself); so, a passport, for example - you would send a copy, right? Would this copy have to be signed by a notary? For some reason I thought all copies (and not just those translated documents) had to be signed by a notary. Can someone clarify please?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
GeographyPhD said:
Hi all,

Just to clarify: a copy of some of the documents is required (i.e. not the original document itself); so, a passport, for example - you would send a copy, right? Would this copy have to be signed by a notary? For some reason I thought all copies (and not just those translated documents) had to be signed by a notary. Can someone clarify please?
Have you checked the Checklist document? Download it from CIC website. There they clearly wrote what they need as original and what they need as copy. When they ask for a copy you don't need to make it notarized. Passports should be simply copied.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
beh467 said:
Hi

Up to know they have accepted the RA as work experience provided that the reference letter includes the lead statement as well as substantial number of main duties.
Actually, my PR was rejected (applied last year Sept. 2012 under CEC based on full-time RA and reject on July 2013) on the ground that "The list of job duties and responsibilities contained in your letter of reference do not match all the actions of the Lead Statement contained in NOC 4012, Post-secondary Teaching and Research Assistants". In fact all the statements did matched. By the way, I am not the only one to get rejected (there are many, at least 4 from my department that I know). However, before, April 2012, several colleagues of mine, from the same lab, were able to get PR based on RA.

So may be since May 2013 CIC stoped considering RA as a work experience (this is just my guess).

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PhdStream said:
Actually, my PR was rejected (applied last year Sept. 2012 under CEC based on full-time RA and reject on July 2013) on the ground that "The list of job duties and responsibilities contained in your letter of reference do not match all the actions of the Lead Statement contained in NOC 4012, Post-secondary Teaching and Research Assistants". In fact all the statements did matched. By the way, I am not the only one to get rejected (there are many, at least 4 from my department that I know). However, before, April 2012, several colleagues of mine, from the same lab, were able to get PR based on RA.

So may be since May 2013 CIC stoped considering RA as a work experience (this is just my guess).
They don't accept RA for CEC anymore. But for PhD stream they have accepted RA as work experience up to now. You can find the successful reference letters for the PhD stream in my signature.

myriam said:
Hi everybody,
I have completed 3 years of the PhD program (full time study). Am I eligible for the 5 adaptability points? Thanks
According to the rules before May 4,2013, they awarded the adaptability points only if you had completed a program of two year study in Canada.
Based on the new rules(you can find the details of the new rules in the operation manual:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf), they have removed the completed word form adaptability section. So, maybe you can get the 5 points. But Ottawa has not processed any application received after May4,2013 yet and no one knows how they will interpret the adaptability under the new rules. To be on the safe side, it is better not to count on this 5 points.

saeedp62

Mar 24, 2013
Hi there.

Plz add my info to the the excel datasheet :

Name: Saeedp62
Application Received by CIO: 16/08/2013 (Signed by: GLEN MILLER)
No. of Persons included: 1
Work Experiacne: Only RA

Regards, :)

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nasim2 said:
Hello

I am new here.
Could any one tell me how I can see this data sheet you are talking about.

Thank you
You can find the tracker here:

http://bit.ly/tpvdZa

vannestelrooy

Feb 4, 2013
Hi Guys,

I am also new here, planning to send out my application recently. I am following the instruction in the document checklist saying that "leave documents unbound", but some of my reference letter for my work experience are more than one page, my employer only signed the letter on the second page, and then bind the letter together with a stapler. Should I separate these pages also?

Thanks.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
beh467 said:
They don't accept RA for CEC anymore. But for PhD stream they have accepted RA as work experience up to now. You can find the successful reference letters for the PhD stream in my signature.

According to the rules before May 4,2013, they awarded the adaptability points only if you had completed a program of two year study in Canada.
Based on the new rules(you can find the details of the new rules in the operation manual, they have removed the completed word form adaptability section. So, maybe you can get the 5 points. But Ottawa has not processed any application received after May4,2013 yet and no one knows how they will interpret the adaptability under the new rules. To be on the safe side, it is better not to count on this 5 points.
Thanks

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Hi all, I just got back from overseas, and I'm sorry I have not been as active as I would like to lately. Things have been pretty hectic lately.

It seems like that R87.1(3) has applied retroactively to late 2012 CEC applicants, for some reasons, which is obviously not fair, but this is not new. I think when the first set of ministerial instructions late November 2008, the rules were retroactively applied as well up to February 2008 applicants, so they may have been doing something similar for CEC starting Jan 2013 (I still need to dig for the exact regulation that states this though).

beh467 said:
Based on the new rules(you can find the details of the new rules in the operation manual:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf), they have removed the completed word form adaptability section. So, maybe you can get the 5 points. But Ottawa has not processed any application received after May4,2013 yet and no one knows how they will interpret the adaptability under the new rules. To be on the safe side, it is better not to count on this 5 points.
The word "completed" was never removed, it's just that now, at least according to the regulation, you only need to have completed two years of study in a program of at least two years duration :) But you're right, it's best to rely as little as possible on indefinite things such as adaptability and work experience. It's best to try one's best to get above 67 points with no adaptability and only one year of work experience (which is possible under the new rule, especially for those already with Master's degrees).

superstring

Dec 9, 2012
This Monday CIC people gave an information session at the University of Waterloo. Many PhD students asked them again and again whether RA/TA still are accepted as work experience towards fulfilling the requirement of FSW International PhD stream. The CIC people replied again and again they no longer get accepted as work experience. The one year work experience must be obtained outside post-secondary programs.

It seems eople who entirely rely on RA/TA to get work experience are facing a high risk of rejection.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
superstring said:
This Monday CIC people gave an information session at the University of Waterloo. Many PhD students asked them again and again whether RA/TA still are accepted as work experience towards fulfilling the requirement of FSW International PhD stream. The CIC people replied again and again they no longer get accepted as work experience. The one year work experience must be obtained outside post-secondary programs.

It seems eople who entirely rely on RA/TA to get work experience are facing a high risk of rejection.
Did they ask it for CEC(Experience Class) applicants or PhD students?

hqdavidzhang

Oct 31, 2012
if this is true for phd stream, it would make no difference with the CEC program.

superstring said: