waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
Greetings all!

Just got a passport request few minutes ago (pls. update my info in the spreadsheet). It is signed by RK6165. :p ;D

BTW, is there anyone that has gone through visa issuance recently - last couple of months? How long does it take for them to return passports from the day they receive it taking into consideration the ongoing strike?

And another question - I know passports have to be sent in together. But, once we get passports with the visas back, do all family members need to land together and at the same place, or can we do this separately at different time and location? Has anyone done so?

Any info will be much, much appreciated... Thanks in advance!

Cheers...

GeoCanadian said:
Hi guys,

Just a brief recap/update on my timeline:

App filed: Mar 28, 2012
PER: Apr 05, 2012
Request for documents (proof of funds): Apr 08, 2013
POF sent to CIC (via express mail): Apr 23, 2013
Med's request: May 10, 2013
RPRF pmt request: May 10, 2013
RPRF paid: May 17, 2013
eMedical sent: May 24, 2013
Current ECAS status (updated on June 15): "Medical Exam Received"
Request for documents (copies of renewed passports for my sons as they were expiring in July): June 27, 2013
Copies of renewed passports sent via email: July 20, 2013

NOTHING SINCE THEN (possibly due to the strike?)! :( I order GCMS notes on July 23rd and awit its arrival. They did charge me $5 for ordering the notes, which seemed unusual - isn't this a free service?

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Parkinson said:
After April 2013, we realized that so many people in this forum got rejected because they did not have leading statement for NOC code 4012 which is "assists professors in research activities" in their ref. letters. If you don't have it, I recommend you to update your ref. letter before the final assessment. Another point: recently, CIC asks for documents very soon and Doc request doesn't mean you passed eligibility. Many people got rejected after Doc request.
Thanks Parkinson. I remember very few cases of rejection after doc. request. Are they now very common? or it's still a minority of people who get refused after doc. request? I want to know if this is still a good sign of progress in my application or it's recently changed into just a dummy sign.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Thanks Parkinson. I remember very few cases of rejection after doc. request. Are they now very common? or it's still a minority of people who get refused after doc. request? I want to know if this is still a good sign of progress in my application or it's recently changed into just a dummy sign.
As I remember, a considerable number of applicants (not very few) got rejected after the doc request. You can see this from the tracker. I don't know if it is a good sign or not. Recently, they review your eligibility after doc request not before it. My case and some other recent cases show that an officer will review your eligibility right after receiving your documents. He or she may recommend you pass the eligibility or recommend you for rejection and assigns the application to the next officer (FA) for the final decision.

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
GeoCanadian said:
Greetings all!

Just got a passport request few minutes ago (pls. update my info in the spreadsheet). It is signed by RK6165. :p ;D
Hi GeoCanadian,
Congratulations!!! It takes 3-4 weeks to get your passport back with a PR visa stamp and COPR doc. My friend got it recently in 3+ weeks.
My friend also had similar issue. He called CIC and they told him that everyone in the application should complete landing at the same time with the principal applicant. I am not sure this is a rule or not, but this is what my friend got from CIC.
Wish you good luck.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
They have changed the way they process the applications. They ask for these kinds of docs very soon within 3-4 months after one's application. Do not count on this as a positive sign. If you feel your reference letter lacks something, send them the 2nd one!

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
Thanks my friend - very helpful info! And thanks for congratulations too!

All the best to all! I won't be sending in the passports till mid September then until my family is back to Canada. Will update you about the the visa and the landing procedures in a month or two.

Cheers...

mkrp21 said:
Hi GeoCanadian,
Congratulations!!! It takes 3-4 weeks to get your passport back with a PR visa stamp and COPR doc. My friend got it recently in 3+ weeks.
My friend also had similar issue. He called CIC and they told him that everyone in the application should complete landing at the same time with the principal applicant. I am not sure this is a rule or not, but this is what my friend got from CIC.
Wish you good luck.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
beh467 said:
Yes, it is taking too long.
I think once you get your MR you will get your passport request immediately after that because the criminality and security check should be completed by that time.
I hope all of your words comes true, day by days becoming impatient ......

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
GeoCanadian said:
Thanks my friend - very helpful info! And thanks for congratulations too!

All the best to all! I won't be sending in the passports till mid September then until my family is back to Canada. Will update you about the the visa and the landing procedures in a month or two.

Cheers...
Congratulations to all of u. Its always good to see the smiley successful ppl around which keeps us alive :)

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
I have an urgent question.

CIO asked me to provide them with Ph.D. program information:
o The field of study for your doctoral program,
o The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor,
o A detailed Curriculum Vitae, and
o A list of all publications that you have authored or have participated in.
This must be received at this office by: 09/07/2013.

A friend of mine just told me all these info should be in paper with official sign from supervisor/person in charge in the university.

Is it true?

As I said I'm now out of Canada in my home country and will be back about 3 weeks later. I am not able to provide those docs before Setp. 7.

Should I really provide my program info by paper? I thought I can send them by email!!!
I think I have two options: Ask them to give me more time until I return to Canada, or Sending the info by email.
What do you suggest?

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
hamed_hamed_hamed said:

o The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor,

A friend of mine just told me all these info should be in paper with official sign from supervisor/person in charge in the university.

Is it true?

As I said I'm now out of Canada in my home country and will be back about 3 weeks later. I am not able to provide those docs before Setp. 7.

Should I really provide my program info by paper? I thought I can send them by email!!!
I think I have two options: Ask them to give me more time until I return to Canada, or Sending the info by email.
What do you suggest?
I would suggest that you must send all documents at least by email before the dead line. Also, send paper documents by mail once you are in Canada. Don't give them any chance to reject your application.

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Just got my GCMS notes after 3 months.

The requested date on my GCMS notes is July-18-2013. So, it does not contain my passport request as I received the email on Aug.06 2013.

- I found out that my file have been assessed by SL.... on Apr. 23 2013 and apparently rejected. He was not satisfied with my work experience letter from back home as it was containing the lead statement but not substantial number of duties. I sent updated reference letters on May. Hopefully my file have been assessed by FA01772 on June 13 and he accepted my updated reference letter. This is why I got medical request on June 14th.

- I saw that some of you who got medical request are worried about ur security status as it was not started. I believe that it shows nothing. Because my security status on July 17 was empty and I got passport request on Aug 06. So, I think you can not say whether your security check is started or not just by ordering GCMS.

If you need anything out of my GCMS which can help u guys, just let me know.

Good luck for all

mkrp21 said:
I would suggest that you must send all documents at least by email before the dead line. Also, send paper documents by mail once you are in Canada. Don't give them any chance to reject your application.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kuzey said:
Just got my GCMS notes after 3 months.

The requested date on my GCMS notes is July-18-2013. So, it does not contain my passport request as I received the email on Aug.06 2013.

- I found out that my file have been assessed by SL.... on Apr. 23 2013 and apparently rejected. He was not satisfied with my work experience letter from back home as it was containing the lead statement but not substantial number of duties. I sent updated reference letters on May. Hopefully my file have been assessed by FA01772 on June 13 and he accepted my updated reference letter. This is why I got medical request on June 14th.
Good to see that they accept updated letters. Did FA assess your application on the basis of your most recent letter? (I know that you updated atleast three times over). Perhaps you can find this in the notes section in case FA mentions the date on your reference letter. Was your TA/RA letter accepted as well?. I'm asking this since you mentioned that you also have prior work experience from your home country.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
hamed_hamed_hamed said:

Is it true?

What do you suggest?
I don't think that you should send CV and PhD info by mail. Some applicants in this forum sent it by email without signature from supervisor and they accepted it. You can find them in the tracker and ask them. CIC even accepts POF sent by email. But, as they requested the original PCC, you can send the scanned copy of original and translated version by email and mention in your email that you have sent the original by mail and then, send the original by a trackable mail service from Iran and keep the receipt or mention in your email that you'll send the original as soon as you come back to Canada.

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Unfortunately FA did not mention any date. As, SL .... was accepted my RA letter he may not even checked my updated letters. But he already put some notes about receiving mu updated reference letters. Yes you are right I updated my university letter three times. The first time was in February 2013 and it was accepted by SL... . It did contain al lot of details and the lead statement but I was worried and updated the letter two more times with more details and copy pasting of NOC.
On the other hand, I am pretty sure that he considered my mos recent reference letter from back home. Because SL rejected my letter and I updated the letter after the time that SL analysed my application.

S_Govind said:
Good to see that they accept updated letters. Did FA assess your application on the basis of your most recent letter? (I know that you updated atleast three times over). Perhaps you can find this in the notes section in case FA mentions the date on your reference letter. Was your TA/RA letter accepted as well?. I'm asking this since you mentioned that you also have prior work experience from your home country.