+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

hqdavidzhang

Oct 31, 2012
Hi all,
I submitted my PR this Jan 31. After getting the "eligibility to be processed" letter, I dont get any update from CIC. Can you please provide me some information about my case? if there are some guys who submitted their applications around this Jan, also.
Thank you.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
hqdavidzhang said:
Hi all,
I submitted my PR this Jan 31. After getting the "eligibility to be processed" letter, I dont get any update from CIC. Can you please provide me some information about my case? if there are some guys who submitted their applications around this Jan, also.
Thank you.
Have you ordered GCMS? You can order GCMS notes from this link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en . After around 1 month you'll receive the information related to your file by email. If you apply under privacy act, its free. But, it'll cost you 5 dollars if you apply under "access to information act". For documents, study permit is enough.

hqdavidzhang

Oct 31, 2012
Parkinson said:
Have you ordered GCMS? You can order GCMS notes from this link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en . After around 1 month you'll receive the information related to your file by email. If you apply under privacy act, its free. But, it'll cost you 5 dollars if you apply under "access to information act". For documents, study permit is enough.
Hi Parkinson:
Thanks a lot for your information. BTW: how do i know my application is under "access to information act" or "Privacy act"?
Thanks.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
hqdavidzhang said:
Hi Parkinson:
Thanks a lot for your information. BTW: how do i know my application is under "access to information act" or "Privacy act"?
Thanks.
You can apply under either "access to information act" or "Privacy act". Applicants in this forum usually select "Privacy act" as it's free. You can also compare your case with other cases using Immigration tracker - PhD stream http://bit.ly/tpvdZa.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
I got my 3rd set of GCMS note today. These are the new things appears this time:

1. RCMP Screening ...........No Reportable Trace (done on July 30th)

2. Application Assignment due date now changed to 1st October, 2013 from previous 3rd of Aug.

3. Last update was made by FA on 1st of Aug.

4. Still same points 70. So seems like FA haven't looked on my updated letter yet.

5. In note section, First note was saying........."Criminality Screening admissibility cancelled and resent by GCMS NHQ team due to technical issue"...........:(. Could you plz shed some light on this crap

6. Thats the only change in note section, otherwise rest notes from previous GCMS report.

.........Sigh....

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
I got my 3rd set of GCMS note today. These are the new things appears this time:

2. Application Assignment due date now changed to 1st October, 2013 from previous 3rd of Aug.

4. Still same points 70. So seems like FA haven't looked on my updated letter yet.

5. In note section, First note was saying........."Criminality Screening admissibility cancelled and resent by GCMS NHQ team due to technical issue"...........:(. Could you plz shed some light on this crap

6. Thats the only change in note section, otherwise rest notes from previous GCMS report.

.........Sigh....
Kazi

Do you see a note by FA regarding your eligibility in the notes section?. What is the status of eligibility for you 'recommend passed' or 'Passed'. As for your criminality screening, I guess it was an issue with their database- a technical glitch. You shouldn't be worried at all since you have no reprtable trace as of now.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
S_Govind said:
Kazi

Do you see a note by FA regarding your eligibility in the notes section?. What is the status of eligibility for you 'recommend passed' or 'Passed'. As for your criminality screening, I guess it was an issue with their database- a technical glitch. You shouldn't be worried at all since you have no reprtable trace as of now.
Dear Govind........I haven't notice any change my eligibility status, still recommend passed by SL, in note section, first note was about the RCMP screening issue as I mentioned and second note from FA which I got in my last GCMS report it was about my updated reference letter.
I also agree with you regarding the technical issue u have mentioned. Now just hoping my best

visa2011

May 16, 2011
Hi,

Did you receive a document request from CIO office (sydney) or CPP-O (Ottawa)?

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
I have an urgent question.

CIO asked me to provide them with Ph.D. program information:
o The field of study for your doctoral program,
o The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor,
o A detailed Curriculum Vitae, and
o A list of all publications that you have authored or have participated in.
This must be received at this office by: 09/07/2013.

A friend of mine just told me all these info should be in paper with official sign from supervisor/person in charge in the university.

Is it true?

As I said I'm now out of Canada in my home country and will be back about 3 weeks later. I am not able to provide those docs before Setp. 7.

Should I really provide my program info by paper? I thought I can send them by email!!!
I think I have two options: Ask them to give me more time until I return to Canada, or Sending the info by email.
What do you suggest?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hqdavidzhang said:
Hi all,
Thank you.
If you submitted everything (e.g. 6 months bank statement and PCCs) with your application, you may not hear from them before a year.
You can also order your GCMS notes to see if there is any progress, as Parkinson told you before.

I noticed that you are not with us on the tracker, would you like to be added there? If yes, would you please post your dates, nationality, number of persons, ecas, and kind of work XP.

Good Luck!

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
My passport return tracker activated :)

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
kuzey said:

Congrat! One of the fastest Iranians so far. Do you know when your medical results were sent to CIC by your Dr.? As your security was completed soon, I am wondering if you directly came from Iran to Canada, or you did your MSc. somewhere else than Canada? I did my MSc. in Europe, then, I am wondering if it will have any effect on my security screening processing time or not?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
kuzey said:
Congrats Kuzey.....almost end of ur journey. Happy for u :)

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
kaziahmmed said:

.........Sigh....
Hi Kazi, Would you check who has updated eligibility assessment (page 5 ish). Mine has been updated by GG in July after SL denied to approove my ref letters in May 7.

hamoon

Jan 4, 2013
Hi all,

I did the landing experience yesterday. I don't recommend any of you to do the landing at a border. Go for a CIC office in your city. The officers are super rude and aggressive there. It is not a bad idea to book an appointment with CIC as soon as you get the passport request. Any how i is done now. Hope you guys have a better final experience.

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Thanks for ur congratulation Aidina and Kazi!

I came directly from Iran to do my PhD here. I just had a trip to Europe (just a week as a visitor) other than Canada Visa on my passport. The security screening looks random to me and I was just lucky in this case. Wish you luck in your journey as it was very hard for u and you had to fight with them at each any tiny step :)

aidina said:
Congrat! One of the fastest Iranians so far. Do you know when your medical results were sent to CIC by your Dr.? As your security was completed soon, I am wondering if you directly came from Iran to Canada, or you did your MSc. somewhere else than Canada? I did my MSc. in Europe, then, I am wondering if it will have any effect on my security screening processing time or not?