+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
omaradib said:
My application has been received on Feb 14, 2013 and showing a status of "in process". It has been several months since. I am wondering what is next to expect. Your answer will be much appreciated. Thanks.
If you received PER from the CIO. Then, depending on the documents you have included with your application, what you might expect at this time is a document request. But if all your documents are complete, then you should just be patient and wait. Average processing time now is 15 months. In the mean time, go over this thread and see if there is anything you might have missed. If you need to update any documents (e.g. reference letter) make sure you do so before the final assessment of your application. You can order the GCMS notes for your application. But I don't think at this stage you will not find much activity from CPP-O.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaziahmmed said:
This stupid security/criminality check is just killing nd wasting valuable time of life. Its more than 15 months now still haven't get the MR :((
Yes, it is taking too long.
I think once you get your MR you will get your passport request immediately after that because the criminality and security check should be completed by that time.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Hello Folks,
I'm back with good news (maybe) after a few months. In case you don't remember me, I got refused last year in Jan. 2013 for insufficient work experience. Then I re-applied in April 2013 and just last week I got an email from CIC asking the following items:

1. Police Certificate: Please provide an original police clearance certificate from Iran No. 958398, issued on September 2, 2012. This must be received at this office by: 11/07/2013.

2. Ph.D. program information:
o The field of study for your doctoral program,
o The name and contact details of your doctoral advisor and/or academic supervisor,
o A detailed Curriculum Vitae, and
o A list of all publications that you have authored or have participated in.
This must be received at this office by: 09/07/2013.

I have not been active in the forum since I sent my new app. I've been thinking it takes them another 1 year to process my application, so I was off in the last months. But now seems it only took 4 months!!!

Anyway I am going to reply to their email very carefully this time. I don't want to get refused again for silly mistakes! So I have two important questions from you guys especially those old users. TyrusX and others whom I don't remember their names, please advise.

1. They asked my original police certificate while they already have its official translation but not the original. Now I don't have the original with me since I am in a trip in my home country. I can easily get a fresh certificate with translation here, and send it to them with the excuse that this is a new and better one.
Do you see any problem in this part? By the way I'm going to send it by DHL. Is it OK?

2. They asked my resume, my supervisor's info, etc. I remember they used to do this for Iranian nationals. It's easy to provide them with such info.
But do you have any advice, comments on this part? Should I add special info, statements with that? Is there any risk in the way I answer them? Maybe my supervisor should be careful with what he says to them?!?!
Please let me know anything you know about these items.
Again I am not going to lose my second try for silly mistakes. Thanks a lotttt.
After April 2013, we realized that so many people in this forum got rejected because they did not have leading statement for NOC code 4012 which is "assists professors in research activities" in their ref. letters. If you don't have it, I recommend you to update your ref. letter before the final assessment. Another point: recently, CIC asks for documents very soon and Doc request doesn't mean you passed eligibility. Many people got rejected after Doc request.

samira_farsi

Jul 22, 2013
Parkinson said:
I had almost the same problem. My eligibility was updated and my total points were updated less than 67. But, the value of eligibility was "not started". I sent them an inquiry about eligibility assessment and attached documents for the points I needed. Their answer was "Your eligibility is not assessed yet and any point was not awarded...". After one month, the documents I sent for claiming extra points showed up in my GCMS note section. I think as your eligibility value was "not started" at the time of the first update, probably the second officer will consider your updated letter.
could you please send me the website that I can track my eligibility please?

northyorkca

Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
Doc's Request.
23-03-2013
Nomination.....
08-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
No Visa Required
VISA ISSUED...
9-01-2014 (COPR Received)
I requested my GCMS Notes and saw that SL01732 only awarded me 62 points in a review in May 2013. Out of all my work experience, they only recognized two months work experience total. My work experience had included university professor, RA, TA, and an administrative job. I sent updated reference letters that list more specifically the duties of my positions so that hopefully it will satisfy the need for matching lead statements and number of substantial duties. I have received confirmation of receipt of the documents.

So, I have a question about the number of reviews that applications receive. I have read through many pages in the forum so far, but have not seen anything on this yet. If it has been answered, my apologies.

The notes from the review of my application are near the end of the GCMS, page 31 of 33 and is done by SL01732. Does anyone know if this is the final review or does the application get reviewed again? At the beginning of the GCMS it says that my application was assigned to FA01772 with a due date of 13 September 2013 (which is one year since my application arrived). So I'm just wondering if FA01772 will be doing a final review after SL01732? Then hopefully, my updated reference letters would be considered.

I've ordered a new GCMS, but have not yet received it. Thanks for your help.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
samira_farsi said:
could you please send me the website that I can track my eligibility please?
You can not track your eligibility. You can order GCMS notes from this link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en . After around 1 month you'll receive the information related to your file by email. If you apply under privacy act, its free. But, it'll cost you 5 dollars if you apply under "access to information act". For documents, study permit is enough.

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
northyorkca said:
I requested my GCMS Notes and saw that SL01732 only awarded me 62 points in a review in May 2013. Out of all my work experience, they only recognized two months work experience total. My work experience had included university professor, RA, TA, and an administrative job. I sent updated reference letters that list more specifically the duties of my positions so that hopefully it will satisfy the need for matching lead statements and number of substantial duties. I have received confirmation of receipt of the documents.

So, I have a question about the number of reviews that applications receive. I have read through many pages in the forum so far, but have not seen anything on this yet. If it has been answered, my apologies.

The notes from the review of my application are near the end of the GCMS, page 31 of 33 and is done by SL01732. Does anyone know if this is the final review or does the application get reviewed again? At the beginning of the GCMS it says that my application was assigned to FA01772 with a due date of 13 September 2013 (which is one year since my application arrived). So I'm just wondering if FA01772 will be doing a final review after SL01732? Then hopefully, my updated reference letters would be considered.

I've ordered a new GCMS, but have not yet received it. Thanks for your help.
As far as we know, FA01772 does the final review after SL01732. He'll probably does the final eligibility assessment on 13 September 2013.

northyorkca

Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
Doc's Request.
23-03-2013
Nomination.....
08-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
No Visa Required
VISA ISSUED...
Parkinson said:
As far as we know, FA01772 does the final review after SL01732. He'll probably does the final eligibility assessment on 13 September 2013.
Thanks for your response. I hope this is the case and that my application will get a further review to take into account the updated employment letters. It seems that perhaps letters which are almost a copy-and-paste of NOC information are preferred over detailed letters which actually show familiarity with an employee's work and capacities. If the exact words of the lead statement and duties do not appear in the letter, no thinking is done by the reviewer to assess whether the letter may actually include more relevant information. I hope I am wrong in this regard.

Also, my status in the spreadsheet says I am an "inactive user". If this can please be changed to reflect that I proactively sent updated employment letters, it would be greatly appreciated. Other than that, there has been no change to my status.

samira_farsi

Jul 22, 2013
Parkinson said:
You can not track your eligibility. You can order GCMS notes from this link . After around 1 month you'll receive the information related to your file by email. If you apply under privacy act, its free. But, it'll cost you 5 dollars if you apply under "access to information act". For documents, study permit is enough.
thank you

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
northyorkca said:
Thanks for your response. I hope this is the case and that my application will get a further review to take into account the updated employment letters. It seems that perhaps letters which are almost a copy-and-paste of NOC information are preferred over detailed letters which actually show familiarity with an employee's work and capacities.
You do not have to be alarmed as long as your eligibility assessment has not started. Ottawa has just completed an initial assessment of your file that would make it easier/harder for them to finalize eligibility going forward. Having said this, any new evidence that does not contradict with what already is on your file must be taken into account before the final assessment. Hence the need to proactively update deficient documents. This has worked for Kuzey, kg.jadu and NeverGiveup and I see no reason why it shouldn't for the rest of us.

Good Luck !

northyorkca

Aug 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 4011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
Doc's Request.
23-03-2013
Nomination.....
08-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
No Visa Required
VISA ISSUED...
S_Govind said:
You do not have to be alarmed as long as your eligibility assessment has not started. Ottawa has just completed an initial assessment of your file that would make it easier/harder for them to finalize eligibility going forward. Having said this, any new evidence that does not contradict with what already is on your file must be taken into account before the final assessment. Hence the need to proactively update deficient documents. This has worked for Kuzey, kg.jadu and NeverGiveup and I see no reason why it shouldn't for the rest of us.

Good Luck !
This information is very helpful. I really appreciate it. On the GCMS it still says Eligibility Assessment: Not Started. So that is an encouraging sign. I have requested updated GCMS, as the one I have was only current as of early June. I will let everyone know if I get any further updates in the latest GCMS or if the updated reference letters help.

hamoon

Jan 4, 2013
Hello all,

Does anyone know if the border immigration services are closed after 4:30 p.m office hours?

Here there is a confusion:
http://cbsa.gc.ca/contact/listing/offices/office654-e.html

First it says:
Agents are only available regular business hours, Monday to Friday (08:00 - 16:00 local time/except holidays.

Then it says:
Immigration Services 07:00 to 18:15 October 1 to May 14
07:00 to 23:00 May 15 to September 30
7 days a week

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Good news! Passport, 2 recent pictures, and biodata information requested today from CPP-Ottawa for the visa issuance.

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
kg.jadu said:
Good news! Passport, 2 recent pictures, and biodata information requested today from CPP-Ottawa for the visa issuance.
Congrats! they are on fire today! i got it too - few minutes ago... :)

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
GeoCanadian said:
Congrats! they are on fire today! i got it too - few minutes ago... :)
Yeah, seems like! Congratulations to you, too.

By the way, my passport request email was signed by JP5777.