+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MJ2 said:
I will probably give this a shout. But with only conservative parties here, I don't think they would even bother to listen to me.
Thnanks,
I know that getting a rejection email is really frustrating but don't give up.
Go to MP as soon as possible. Regardless of their party they will help you.
Since they have the power to force the officer to reconsider your application assessment, try your best.

Good luck!

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
salem10 said:
I am not agree with generlize this assumption. I am not belive that all of reference letters are acurate and represent the actual practice that person doing. Be truthfull and write what you are actual doong. I follwed alot of Phd strem applicants most of youare copy the reference letter without asking him or her self what I am actual doing
And importantly all of you are supporting this trend. Is this fraud And should be reported
This shoul be stop. We know what RA or TA. Its not that pratice or experience. And should be not considered as experinece at all
Your comment doesn't have any base, so commenting on these is simply waste of time. Its been already proved that TA/RA is a considerable experience and a number of ppl already got their PR just with TA/RA. So, please don't put any comment without having proper knowledge, even don't use any term(mispresentation or bla bla) which you even don't what does it mean? This may scare other ppl with a tons of stress. If u can't help ppl don't help but plz don't do harm. Ppl here already so much stressed by the overall processing system, plz don't make it worse. Thanks a lot and Good Luck with your application.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
beh467 said:
I know that getting a rejection email is really frustrating but don't give up.
Go to MP as soon as possible. Regardless of their party they will help you.
Since they have the power to force the officer to reconsider your application assessment, try your best.

Good luck!
One more thing I should note. Number of ppl completely keep quite during their whole processing, never even bother to visit the forum and when they get reject then they starts messing up. Its always sad to see someone to get rejected but why you guys don't visit the forum earlier at least you could request the GCMS/CAIPS note before getting any final decision. Plz don't get hurt, my only point is to be more cautious, i am not telling if we regularly visit the forum we won't reject but at least we could give bit more effort. At least we could convince ourself that we did almost everything what we could do. I am extremely sorry if it hurts anybody.

Jul 12, 2013
Thanks asbereth for your explanation of the work experience issue. Now, I calculated that I have totally 1250 work hours as Teaching Assistant. Do you guys think it is worth to apply with this amount of work experience? The cic website says 30 hours per week and if we do rough calculation the total work hours needed to be eligible is about 1500 hours per year. Would they give me any points for 1250 work hours? My apology for cluttering the forum with these obvious questions. The things is that I just started looking at the process and many things on cic website seems unclear.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Gloryintoronto said:
Thanks asbereth for your explanation of the work experience issue. Now, I calculated that I have totally 1250 work hours as Teaching Assistant. Do you guys think it is worth to apply with this amount of work experience? The cic website says 30 hours per week and if we do rough calculation the total work hours needed to be eligible is about 1500 hours per year. Would they give me any points for 1250 work hours? My apology for cluttering the forum with these obvious questions. The things is that I just started looking at the process and many things on cic website seems unclear.

It seems to me that you have less than one year of continuous full time or equivalent part time work experience. Further, you mention that the hours were accumulated as a part of a TA ship. Was this continuous or cumulative? . As in lets say you TAed during the Fall 2011, Winter 2012 but did not during the summer session but followed up in the fall session. This would not count as continuous employment.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
bioleaching said:
Do you know any way to make a delay on processing of the application?
Unfortunately no. Your file is probably placed in a queue waiting to be looked at by an officer. There is no obvious way you could delay this algorithm. You just have to hope that you defend soon and in the meantime they have not made a final decision on your application

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaziahmmed said:
One more thing I should note. Number of ppl completely keep quite during their whole processing, never even bother to visit the forum and when they get reject then they starts messing up. Its always sad to see someone to get rejected but why you guys don't visit the forum earlier at least you could request the GCMS/CAIPS note before getting any final decision. Plz don't get hurt, my only point is to be more cautious, i am not telling if we regularly visit the forum we won't reject but at least we could give bit more effort. At least we could convince ourself that we did almost everything what we could do. I am extremely sorry if it hurts anybody.
I think you are being too harsh! A lot of people don't even know about this forum, and based on the experience from other PR streams, normally when the documents are complete, people don't expect to be rejected. But when they are unfairly rejected they start searching for similar cases and come across this forum. This is at least what happened to me. So, don't be judgmental. You are not in their shoes...

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
kaziahmmed said:
Your comment doesn't have any base, so commenting on these is simply waste of time. Its been already proved that TA/RA is a considerable experience and a number of ppl already got their PR just with TA/RA. So, please don't put any comment without having proper knowledge, even don't use any term(mispresentation or bla bla) which you even don't what does it mean? This may scare other ppl with a tons of stress. If u can't help ppl don't help but plz don't do harm. Ppl here already so much stressed by the overall processing system, plz don't make it worse. Thanks a lot and Good Luck with your application.
I am not saying that RA and TA is completely is not experience, I am saying that many of applicants here is trying to extremely exaggerate RA and TA as a big experience that may ever person has. The trying to show reference letter that ever been written and maximize TA hours to cross the limits of required experience. This trend involved may fault information being transmitted to CIC and it is very bad to the future of this stream.
Sir, I have just completed my PhD and I am familiar to the trend here in Canadian universities and how the system of TA and RA works.
Many people had only 1/2 TA (60hours/term) no one trying to show this fact. If you talk about RA is worse. From what I have seen they calculate all time as wok RA. and the fact that you doing your degree. Yes, there is some experience gain in this process, but you are not assessing your supervisor all the time. you are not writing papers all the time. You are not doing literature review in the sake of your supervisor research goals. All of these facts is reducing the numbers of hours that really your supervisor will benefit from. We all know when a student ask her/his supervisor about a letter with certain information, the supervisor will write it. Try one of you ask him to pay you as exactly the number of hours you put in the letter!!! In this case, the supervisor will say to you "what you are saying."
Any way my believe in this live is to be truthful and not get any benefits that I am actually no eligible for. Good luck

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salem10 said:
I am not saying that RA and TA is completely is not experience, I am saying that many of applicants here is trying to extremely exaggerate RA and TA as a big experience that may ever person has. The trying to show reference letter that ever been written and maximize TA hours to cross the limits of required experience. This trend involved may fault information being transmitted to CIC and it is very bad to the future of this stream.
Sir, I have just completed my PhD and I am familiar to the trend here in Canadian universities and how the system of TA and RA works.
Many people had only 1/2 TA (60hours/term) no one trying to show this fact. If you talk about RA is worse. From what I have seen they calculate all time as wok RA. and the fact that you doing your degree. Yes, there is some experience gain in this process, but you are not assessing your supervisor all the time. you are not writing papers all the time. You are not doing literature review in the sake of your supervisor research goals. All of these facts is reducing the numbers of hours that really your supervisor will benefit from. We all know when a student ask her/his supervisor about a letter with certain information, the supervisor will write it. Try one of you ask him to pay you as exactly the number of hours you put in the letter!!! In this case, the supervisor will say to you "what you are saying."
Any way my believe in this live is to be truthful and not get any benefits that I am actually no eligible for. Good luck
No offense, but it won't hurt if you read what you just wrote. Most of your sentences don't make sense... You are a PhD for God's sake.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
salem10 said:
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'big experience'. The fact is, NOC 4012 is considered a skill level A, and it even has the requirements that one needs to be enrolled in a college or a university program before they can claim TA/RA work experience under NOC 4012.

About TA hours, I am aware that most of us are only doing TA for maybe 5 to 12 hours per week (which would out to be, as you said, around 60 to 130 hours per academic term). And I did not try to hide this at all on my work experience letter. I highlighted the fact that my NOC 4012 work experience is a combination of teaching and research assistantship, and broke down the number of hours for each academic term. I never claimed more than 12 hours per week for TA (after making sure there will be no contradiction to the number of hours given by HR).

As for RA, I always suggested people to only claim as needed to bring the total number of points above 67, and AT THE SAME TIME, to make sure that your RA rates won't be below the minimum wage of that particular province. Also, be mindful of the fact that you are technically studying full-time as well (which is defined by the CIC itself to be 15 hours per week).

If an average worker usually spends about 40 hours at work, what would be the issue in claiming that we study full-time for 15 hours a week, and work (which we are authorized to provided we have study permit and we work on campus) maybe 15 to 20 hours per week? Why should this be considered fraud or misrepresentation? Why is this claiming more than we deserve? If you claim this much, most likely your hourly wage will be quite a bit above the minimum wage of 10.25 dollars per hour.

And no, we don't work all the time. We need to eat, go to the bathroom, sleep at night, sometimes we need to work out, take a walk in the park, play with snow [and no, I don't like snow either], etc. That's why we're claiming we're studying 15 hours per week (hence, full-time PhD student) and working maybe 15 to 20 hours per week rather than 168 hours per week :)

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Houra said:
I think you are being too harsh! A lot of people don't even know about this forum, and based on the experience from other PR streams, normally when the documents are complete, people don't expect to be rejected. But when they are unfairly rejected they start searching for similar cases and come across this forum. This is at least what happened to me. So, don't be judgmental. You are not in their shoes...
No offense. Definitely i m not in their shoes, at least then I wouldn't wrote over 200 comments to waste my time. What I meant, whoever are already in the tracker (I didn't mean others who doesn't know about this forum) many of them doesn't really follow the forum in daily basis, they just come once they got problem and then to find a proper solution of their problem is really tough coz those points may be already discussed in so many occasions but he/she missed. And whoever helping in many regards doesn't really bother always to repeat the answer again and again. Thankfully some members in the forum still doing this painful job which is I should say more than their generosity. And I think i have already explained why I have made that statement, there was no intention to hurt anybody it just to encourage ppl (again who are already in the forum)to stick with the forum until get the success. Who I am to judge on anything, if I would then I wouldn't spent almost 400 days with tons of stresses like u guys. All we r in the same boat and, always intending to get some help from others and if possible can help others.
I apologize again if that hurst anybody.

samer_eg

Aug 23, 2012
asbereth said:
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by 'big experience'. The fact is, NOC 4012 is considered a skill level A, and it even has the requirements that one needs to be enrolled in a college or a university program before they can claim TA/RA work experience under NOC 4012.

About TA hours, I am aware that most of us are only doing TA for maybe 5 to 12 hours per week (which would out to be, as you said, around 60 to 130 hours per academic term). And I did not try to hide this at all on my work experience letter. I highlighted the fact that my NOC 4012 work experience is a combination of teaching and research assistantship, and broke down the number of hours for each academic term. I never claimed more than 12 hours per week for TA (after making sure there will be no contradiction to the number of hours given by HR).

As for RA, I always suggested people to only claim as needed to bring the total number of points above 67, and AT THE SAME TIME, to make sure that your RA rates won't be below the minimum wage of that particular province. Also, be mindful of the fact that you are technically studying full-time as well (which is defined by the CIC itself to be 15 hours per week).

If an average worker usually spends about 40 hours at work, what would be the issue in claiming that we study full-time for 15 hours a week, and work (which we are authorized to provided we have study permit and we work on campus) maybe 15 to 20 hours per week? Why should this be considered fraud or misrepresentation? Why is this claiming more than we deserve? If you claim this much, most likely your hourly wage will be quite a bit above the minimum wage of 10.25 dollars per hour.

And no, we don't work all the time. We need to eat, go to the bathroom, sleep at night, sometimes we need to work out, take a walk in the park, play with snow [and no, I don't like snow either], etc. That's why we're claiming we're studying 15 hours per week (hence, full-time PhD student) and working maybe 15 to 20 hours per week rather than 168 hours per week :)
Hi asbereth

Guys it is obvious that salem10 account is hacked! :) The guy who was using this account had a good english with decent accent and tone. This guy "pretends" that he doesn't know english. He makes mistakes in some words, with good sentence structure. May be he is this guy that like to come to the forum from time to time, to discourage people. Nice trick man ;)

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
kaziahmmed said:
What I meant, whoever are already in the tracker (I didn't mean others who doesn't know about this forum) many of them doesn't really follow the forum in daily basis, they just come once they got problem and then to find a proper solution of their problem is really tough coz those points may be already discussed in so many occasions but he/she missed.
I think Kazi has a valid point. It would indeed be beneficial if people who have their timelines in the immigration tracker actually spend some time browsing this forum. This is not to be confused with being an active participant and proactively answering questions and providing suggestions or pointers. Even if one checks the forum on a weekly basis that would indeed be helpful. I myself was a passive onlooker until a few months back and looking over the discussions we have had, I found this forum to house a wealth of information and decided to be an active participant.

What we get out of something is directly proportional to what we put into it in terms of time and other factors. So people, don't be shy this is your forum and take ownership of it !!!

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samer_eg said:
Hi asbereth

Guys it is obvious that salem10 account is hacked! :) The guy who was using this account had a good english with decent accent and tone. This guy "pretends" that he doesn't know english. He makes mistakes in some words, with good sentence structure. May be he is this guy that like to come to the forum from time to time, to discourage people. Nice trick man ;)
LOL :D Could be true...

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
S_Govind said:
I think Kazi has a valid point. It would indeed be beneficial if people who have their timelines in the immigration tracker actually spend some time browsing this forum. This is not to be confused with being an active participant and proactively answering questions and providing suggestions or pointers. Even if one checks the forum on a weekly basis that would indeed be helpful. I myself was a passive onlooker until a few months back and looking over the discussions we have had, I found this forum to house a wealth of information and decided to be an active participant.

What we get out of something is directly proportional to what we put into it in terms of time and other factors. So people, don't be shy this is your forum and take ownership of it !!!
I completely agree with you and what Kazi had to say....let's take for example, getting UHIP with the PER e-mail ...i would have never even thought about that aspect if it hadn't been for the forum...especially since they would refuse you first and then you have to appeal with the refusal letter and get a decision in your favour...this is clearly something most people are not aware of and it's only because people like myself were constantly following this forum that we came to know about it...similarly it was only because Lugiovemma on the forum was nice enough to share the refusal letter from CIC stating that the key word ASSIST is missing that we actually came to know what CIC was actually looking for at that time in reference letters (of course now, even the word "assist" doesn't seem to satisfy them!)...it is only because aidina and someone else sent an updated reference letter, that i decided to send one too eventhough at that time we didn't even know if they would accept supplementary reference letters or not...so bottom line is, those who were following the forum on a regular basis benefitted tremendously from it...afterall, we all invested alot of money and effort into our PR applications..the last thing we want is to get a rejection after this long wait...and spending a little bit of time everyday on the forum will only do you good...once they refuse you, you can always look at the forum to help with a subsequent application , but that does not compensate the time and money you spent on your first application...but at the end of the day, it's your choice...good luck to everyone...sorry i just realized this post is a bit long .. ;)