Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
MJ2 said:
Thanks Never.
I am totally lost. The letter has the lead statement "assisting xxx" and almost all the job descriptions listed in NOC.
Do you think they will give more info if I send them an email?
Yes, I updated my letter in March. This was my updated letter.
You should not give up as you had the word assist in your letter. Are you sure that they attached the updated reference letter to your file? Maybe they did not consider the new one and sent the rejection email based on your old letter.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
MJ2 said:
Thanks Never.
I am totally lost. The letter has the lead statement "assisting xxx" and almost all the job descriptions listed in NOC.
Yes, man. Don't give up. You should follow it up. I am pretty sure there are people who got accepted with almost the same words in their letters. As long as there are no other reasons for your rejection (other than your reference letter), they should reassess your case. In my opinion, you could attach your reference letter in your email, and bold the word "assist" and explain it in more details. Also it is possible that they assessed your old letter and not the updated one, you should confirm that as well.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Parkinson said:
You should not give up as you had the word assist in your letter. Are you sure that they attached the updated reference letter to your file? Maybe they did not consider the new one and sent the rejection email based on your old letter.
yes that was what i was thinking as well...maybe they didn't use your updated letter (just like in aidina's case)...you should definitely order caips in addition to sending them an appeal...this will throw light on which letter they used for your assessment...good luck and keep us posted!

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
asbereth said:
anjuku, congratulations :) ! I hope you won't be charged long distance for making that phone call :p
hi Asbereth...actually it was a long distance call...but my phone plan has 200 free long distance minutes...so i'm good ;D ;D...
well anyway, you know those cone shaped orange things they put at construction sites...they had those laid out at that u turn point...but two of them were far enough to let our car squeeze through!!..but then i was worried they might pull us over for squeezing through those no entry things!..but luckily that didn't happen ;)

MJ2

Aug 21, 2012
asbereth said:
Hi MJ2, I'm sorry that you got rejected. I think you probably have a basis for appeal. You have both lead statement and a substantial number of main duties on your reference letter, and we have seen so far several people who have their negative decision due to job description mismatch overturned (aidina and hooman2012 came to mind; though hooman2012 eventually got rejected for a different reason).

Send them an email as soon as possible, highlighting the part why you think your job descriptions contain lead statement and main duties. While waiting for their response, prepare as much as you can for re-application. While aidina wasted 1,100 for nothing (since his first application eventually got approved), hooman2012 actually saved up some time because his first application eventually got rejected. Several people got rejected for missing lead statement, even though their updated reference letter has the magical word "assist". They appealed, and the decisions got overturned. You should try to do the same, while at the same time, not wasting your time to re-apply (since there is always a chance that they will reject your appeal for reconsideration).

Prepare for educational assessments, re-take IELTS if necessary, and prepare all of the police certificates all over again. Let us know, and good luck.
Aidina,
Can you pm me. I went through some of your posts but couldn't catch how you appealed.
Did you just replied their email?
My mind is frozen :(

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
MJ2 said:
Aidina,
Can you pm me. I went through some of your posts but couldn't catch how you appealed.
Did you just replied their email?
My mind is frozen :(
are you on the tracker?..couldn't find u..
if not, can you share your timeline?

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
MJ2 said:
Guys! How do think this sounds? Is it good for an appeal? Please let me know if you think I should add more.
Thanks,

Dear visa office,

Thank you for your assessment.
Regarding your assessment I should mention that I have provided two reference letters from my employer at XXX. I am bringing some highlights from these letters:

"This letter is to confirm that XX has acquired 32 months of full-time work experience as a teaching and research assistant at XXX.
As a research assistant, XXX conducted literature reviews, surveys and laboratory experiments for use in the scholarly publication. He compiled the research results, assisted me in analyzing the experimental results and prepared articles to be published in the academic journals.
XXX's responsibilities as a teaching assistant include grading the examinations, students' assignments and lab reports, assisting me in the preparation and administration of examinations, conducting discussion groups, organizing reference material, as well as running the laboratory sessions."

As highlighted and underlined above, the reference letter included the word assist as described in the lead statement for the NOC 4012. Also, the reference letter included substantial number of duties listed in the NOC 4012 job description.
I would highly appreciate it if you could help me on this matter.
I'm not a senior in this forum. I wish seniors help you for improving this letter. I just want to mention a point:
They usually use this expression for rejecting people who don't have the lead statement: "there is no indication in your ref. letter that you assisted a faculty member" so you can use their words and mention in your email: There is indications in my ref. letter that I assisted a faculty member...

MJ2

Aug 21, 2012
Parkinson said:
I'm not a senior in this forum. I wish seniors help you for improving this letter. I just want to mention a point:
They usually use this expression for rejecting people who don't have the lead statement: "there is no indication in your ref. letter that you assisted a faculty member" so you can use their words and mention in your email: There is indications in my ref. letter that I assisted a faculty member...
Thanks,
I just sent the way it was. I am not optimistic it will change anything as my first letter was also the same.
But, let's see what happens

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MJ2 said:
Thanks,
I just sent the way it was. I am not optimistic it will change anything as my first letter was also the same.
But, let's see what happens
Go to your MP as well and ask them to call Ottawa to reconsider your application assessment. This may help

megha_Ontario said:
Did my medicals on June 4...doctor hasn't updated the file yet! :mad:
Call your Dr and ask if they have submitted your medical results

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
MJ2 said:
Thanks Never.

I'm so very sorry about this. Must be frustrating indeed. Stay strong and go full throttle in your appeal. The key to a successful appeal would be to confirm if Ottawa had indeed added this letter to your file.

I'm beginning to feel that a copy and paste of the duties would not pass muster and raise suspicion among the Vo's if one had really performed those duties or maybe you need to commence your letter with the lead statement and again have the word assist re-iterated in your duties.

Good luck on your appeal

sia_kb8

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
So my credit card company called me and said they have to cancel my card number because of fruad. Apparently someone in QC has started to use my card today (includes $450 of gas). The problem is I provided this credit card number to CIC to charge the app fee. I sent my app to CIO almost a months ago and I have they have not charged me yet nor have they issued PER or NER. :(

Any suggestions to avoid my application be returned? Is there a way to contact them and provide them with an alternative form of payment?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
anjuku said:
hello everyone,
just wanted to share my landing experience..we did our landing yesterday (july 10th) at the Peace Bridge, Fort Erie. Like i mentioned in a previous post, we chose the Peace Bridge, since you can just take a U-turn before entering the US and hence don't have to deal with US customs !...well anyway, other than a little bit of confusion regarding the exact location to take the U-turn (i actually had to make a panic phone call to asbereth to get that sorted LOL), our landing was very quick and pleasant ;D...the whole process took barely 20 minutes and most of that time was waiting in line to reach the car booth since for some reason, there were alot of people returning from work or something at that time..the officer at the booth asked us for ID and we said that we are here to complete our landing as PRs..we gave him our PPs and COPRs...he gave us a yellow slip of paper and asked us to park our car and enter into the customs building...in the customs building there were 5 officers and just our family...so we were immediately called up by one of the officers..we gave him the yellow slip, he asked how many people are landing today..we said two since our son has a canadian passport..so he asked to see our son's passport...then he didn't ask us anything...he started entering stuff into his computer, asked for a proof of ID to send in our PR cards and made us sign the COPRs..he said we will get the PR cards in 4-6 weeks...then he said that since we are already in Canada he is not giving us a formal "welcome to Canada!"...instead he wished us good luck!....so that was basically all ..they didn't ask for our study/work permits..so i asked him about it...he said to keep them and that we might need it to prove our stay in Canada if we apply for citizenship later on...

so that's all regarding the landing part!..

I guess our PR journey has finally come to an end and i want to thank everyone on the forum once again for all your help!

I will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have ...so just PM me and i will still visit the forum atleast once a day!!

Good luck to everyone and i hope you all get your PRs reaaly really soon ;D
Congratulations! Anjuku once again. I always get very excited when someone share good news in the forum at the same feel very sorry and start scaring with the bad news like today MJ2's rejection. This one is really really scary since although his reference letter looks OK but still he was rejected. I don't know what I will do if anything happen like this with me. Me and my wife are now dreaming and counting the days to start our family. Anyway, celebrate one of your most memorable day in your life (I guess) :).

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sia_kb8 said:
So my credit card company called me and said they have to cancel my card number because of fruad. Apparently someone in QC has started to use my card today (includes $450 of gas). The problem is I provided this credit card number to CIC to charge the app fee. I sent my app to CIO almost a months ago and I have they have not charged me yet nor have they issued PER or NER. :(

Any suggestions to avoid my application be returned? Is there a way to contact them and provide them with an alternative form of payment?
Send an email to Sydney. Their email is CIO‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry @ cic.gc.ca ( I found it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/sydney.asp).
When you send the email, give them your full name, date of birth and Unique Client Identifier.

Also, go to your MP. Since they can call CIC, they may be able to help you.