+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

HTC2013

Nov 15, 2012
anjuku said:
yes i got an e-mail once from this address...it was my medical request!!...there should be an attachment that you can download ;D
if i am not mistaken you are a december 2012 applicant...so you got your medical request very early ;)
But there is no attachment in the email, I forwarded the email to CPP to check it again.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
HTC2013 said:
But there is no attachment in the email, I forwarded the email to CPP to check it again.
Is it really a medical request !?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
How to response to a proof of fund request?
1_ I sent the saving account bank statement from Canada
2_ I sent the saving account bank statement from back home
3_ I sent the account activity bank statement from back home
4_but did not send the account activity bank statement from Canada, the CPP sent to me the same Proof of Fund request again.

I got the request and replied via email and mail but CPP did not print the documents in the email and waited for the mail that was did not arrive and I got to know that when I asked if CPP attached my documents to my file. I had to send CPP a registered mail with the documents. It was delievered Thursday. I got on Friday the second request for Proof of Fund.
- I will ask cpp if they attached my my (documents) to my file after a week or so.
- I can send cpp an additional mail and email that include all the listed four items. But I do not feel comfortable sending the cpp my chequing account activity information. I do not know what to do.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
HTC2013 said:
that's very weird...what did the e-mail say??..this is what mine said
UCI: XXXXX
Application No.: XXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXX,

Please find information concerning your application in the attached document. If you are unable to view the attached document or did not receive a document, please advise us by forwarding this e-mail to OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada

AND THEN ATTACHED WERE MEDICAL REQUEST FORMS FOR MYSELF AND MY HUSBAND

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
salam20 said:
How to response to a proof of fund request?
1_ I sent the saving account bank statement from Canada
2_ I sent the saving account bank statement from back home
3_ I sent the account activity bank statement from back home
4_but did not send the account activity bank statement from Canada, the CPP sent to me the same Proof of Fund request again.

I got the request and replied via email and mail but CPP did not print the documents in the email and waited for the mail that was did not arrive and I got to know that when I asked if CPP attached my documents to my file. I had to send CPP a registered mail with the documents. It was delievered Thursday. I got on Friday the second request for Proof of Fund.
- I will ask cpp if they attached my my (documents) to my file after a week or so.
- I can send cpp an additional mail and email that include all the listed four items. But I do not feel comfortable sending the cpp my chequing account activity information. I do not know what to do.
if i read your post correctly, i feel that they are asking you for POF again since they want to see the account activity for the past 6 months...why didn't you send that for your Canadian account in the first place?...that might have made them suspicious...so the only thing to do is send in all your statements again+account activity for all those accounts....i don't understand why you feel uncomfortable sending CPP your chequing account activity information??...if you are using money from that account as well to meet your POF requirement you have to show the account activity for that account!

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks a lot. I am wondering how many guys have the same situation like me here...

S_Govind said:
As I said before, CIC cannot be evasive or vague in its response to your MP. They might tell him as to what is exactly going on with your file. In case it is stuck in the background check stage then there is nothing much the mp could do. He can just give a slight nudge that is all

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Oh, my. I have already contacted the MP in my area. Hopefully, this won't lead to negative effect to our case.....

aidina said:
I contacted our MP a few days ago and asked for his help about my application processing which has been delayed for about 3 month now. His secretary told me CIC has its own regulations, and we can not intervene. She even told me your tone is harsh :). I was really trying to be politely expressed! I just told her that because of the 2 mistakes by CIC my case has been delayed for 3 month, and she considered it a harsh tone!

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
I guess I have to go to their office instead of emailing....

kaziahmmed said:
Yes also had a very good experience. When I last time went to confirm my updated letter attached to my file , i had to fill up some form, with my application number, date of birth, address and then next day they informed me they have investigated and confirmed that my documents has been attached and they will asses my file by 20th June. The MP's secretory asked me to wait for two more weeks after 20th June and I might get some news very soon. I found them very generous and kind.
Aidina I suggest you go directly in person to the MP office and try to convince them with the situation.
Good luck
Kazi

HTC2013

Nov 15, 2012
anjuku said:
that's very weird...what did the e-mail say??..this is what mine said
UCI: XXXXX
Application No.: XXXXX
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXX,

Please find information concerning your application in the attached document. If you are unable to view the attached document or did not receive a document, please advise us by forwarding this e-mail to OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada

AND THEN ATTACHED WERE MEDICAL REQUEST FORMS FOR MYSELF AND MY HUSBAND
Mine is exactly the same, but there is not attached doc. I tried with different browsers,nothing has been attached. It is weird, I know.... !!!!!

Science_Tech

May 17, 2013
Hello.

I have a question about open work permit. It may not be directly related to this topic, but I appreciate it if you could help me on the matter. I am going to add my spouse as an accompanying dependent to my PR case (PhD stream). Does anyone know if she can also apply for open work permit after updating the PR case. Does it affect the PR case?

Many thanks

Nerozdilna

Jun 23, 2013
Hello, everyone,

We'll be applying for PR through PhD stream, that is why I'am very happy to find this forum with lots of information and advice.

My wife has 800 hours of TA/RA experience (in the field of history) in Canada, as well as 10 months (1500 hours, 35 hours/week) from home country. In home country she was editing Historical Scientific Journal that is published by Institute of Historic Research that is in structure of local university. Editor-in-chief of this journal is a professor and she was reporting to him. My question is the following: if she is claiming her NOC 4012 experience, is it risky enough to call herself responsible editor of the magazine? Or it is still better to explain her duties and experience as such that she assisted a professor (an editor-in-chief) to prepare research / publish the scientific magazine? My concern is that if we write "responsible editor", the officers will consider it as NOC 5122 experience and she will not meet the minimum requirement of FSW program (1 year of experience).

My other question is whether it is usually enough to provide a letter with description of work duties for foreign (not canadian) experience. Under what circumstances will they request contracts/paychecks?

Thanks a lot in advance for your comments.

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
Nerozdilna said:
Hello, everyone,

We'll be applying for PR through PhD stream, that is why I'am very happy to find this forum with lots of information and advice.

My wife has 800 hours of TA/RA experience (in the field of history) in Canada, as well as 10 months (1500 hours, 35 hours/week) from home country. In home country she was editing Historical Scientific Journal that is published by Institute of Historic Research that is in structure of local university. Editor-in-chief of this journal is a professor and she was reporting to him. My question is the following: if she is claiming her NOC 4012 experience, is it risky enough to call herself responsible editor of the magazine? Or it is still better to explain her duties and experience as such that she assisted a professor (an editor-in-chief) to prepare research / publish the scientific magazine? My concern is that if we write "responsible editor", the officers will consider it as NOC 5122 experience and she will not meet the minimum requirement of FSW program (1 year of experience).

My other question is whether it is usually enough to provide a letter with description of work duties for foreign (not canadian) experience. Under what circumstances will they request contracts/paychecks?

1- In my opinion, try to say what exactly it was, and try your best to avoid misrepresenting or exaggerating any information within your application.
2- Yes it is enough but you can add additional documents (contracts, paychecks etc.) to strengthen your claim. I just provided them with a detailed letter of reference from my former employer in back home with no additional documents. But, make sure that your letter of reference contains the lead statement and substantial number of main duties of the corresponding NOC. There are some people in this forum who were asked to provide supporting documents for the work experience they claimed (If I'm not mistaken samira sokn was one of them).

Good luck with your application :)

Parkinson

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
14-May-2013
Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
Nerozdilna said:
Hello, everyone,

Based on CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp, notice that your work experience should be at least one year (1560 hours) continuous and in the same occupation (i.e. same NOC code). Is there any interval between these two work experiences? If yes, then you might not have at least one year (1560 hours) continuous work experience.

Nerozdilna

Jun 23, 2013
Thanks for your answers, NeverGiveUp and Parkinson,

We have no problems with work experience being continuous as she finished work back in home country in December 2011, and started her TA/RA right in January 2012. My concern is only about this work being in a single NOC occupation. She did scientific work for a research institute and was directly supervised by a professor but her poslition was not exactly called a "research assistant".