Med's Request
5-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
27-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
8-July-2014
Nerozdilna said:
Thanks for your answers, NeverGiveUp and Parkinson,

We have no problems with work experience being continuous as she finished work back in home country in December 2011, and started her TA/RA right in January 2012. My concern is only about this work being in a single NOC occupation. She did scientific work for a research institute and was directly supervised by a professor but her poslition was not exactly called a "research assistant".
1. How do you calculate 1500 hours? Is it exactly 1500 hours? You only need 60 more hours to satisfy the minimum work experience (1560 hours). If you can claim 1560 hours in this occupation then, you don't need to claim it as NOC 4012 and take the risk for not being honest.
2. Notice that for NOC 4012 the requirement is enrollment in a university program. Was she enrolled in a university program while doing this editing occupation in home country?

Nerozdilna

Jun 23, 2013
Parkinson said:
So, how do you calculate 1500 hours? Is it exactly 1500 hours? You only need 60 more hours to satisfy the minimum work experience (1560 hours).
February 14 - 25, 2011, RA for Canadian professor, 67 hours
February 28 - December 26, 2011, Editing scientific magazine in home country, 35 hours per week, 43 weeks, 1505 hours
January 2012 - December 2013, RA/TA as PhD student in Canada, part-time, 34 weeks per year (because of summer breaks), 12hours/week, 2 years - altogether: 816 hours
July - August 2012, 227 hours as RA for Canadian professor

Yes, she was a PhD student back in home country while doing this work.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Hey Guys

I was going through most recent GCMS notes and found discrepancies. SL reviewed the application and on one section put 25 years as points for education and other place same date the entry was made for 20 points for education. Also the comment on the work experience etc. Also I was not given adaptability points.

The GCMS email said please feel free to contact them and ask them to rectify the mistakes if you find any with attached form. There was no attached form with GCMS mail. I was thinking of writing them an email and pointing out the discrepancy regarding the points awarded for education and no adaptability points as I am about to finish and 2 years and more than are done, be it 2 academic years or 2 calendar years. I also wanted to tell them that new work experience letters have been sent based on the GCMS notes. So that the application is properly evaluated.

Do you think quoting GCMS notes to write this email is a good idea. Will it be seen as being a smart ass and annoy them.

Please advice.

Jun 20, 2013
Thanks you, Sarsanballa and Asbereth for your info. They are helpful.
I applied under the PhD stream. I want to specify my 8 years experience as a university lecture in my home country since my GA and RA work in the field of Education may not be enough to 37.5 hours /week. After reading the NOC website your recommend, I choose to describe my duties to meet the lead statement of NOC 4011 University lecturer, instead of NOC 4021. Could anyone help me to proof read my reference letter? Do I miss anything? Could I submit this letter, as well as RA & GA letter from my supervisor.

Thanks very much for your generosity to spend your time and effort.
----------------------------------

To whom it may concern,

This hereby confirms that XXX, born on XXX , Passport No. XXX, was employed and worked as a full-time English lecturer by School of Foreign Languages, XXX university from XXX to July 2011. Ms. XXX’s monthly income is about XXX
Her lecturer duties include:
 Teach undergraduate students 8 class-hours of English listening and speaking courses and 4 class-hours of English reading course per week(equivalent of College English 101 and 102).
 Teach undergraduate students 3 class-hours of English public speaking course per week.
 Develop curricula, prepare and grade exams of above courses
 Supervising undergraduate students’ bachelor thesis.
 Conducting researches in the field of English public speaking and second language acquisition and improving students’ English public speaking courses.
 Prepareing scholarly publications and writeting scientific journal papers. During his employment here, Mr. xxxx xxxx has published the following papers:
Should you have any questions, or require further information, please contact me either via

belq33

Jun 23, 2013
Hey everyone...thanks for all the info on this forum.

I am planning to apply under the phd stream and have two questions:

1. I am receiving graduate funding from my university AND doing RA work for other professors on top of it. Those of you who do the same, did you lump these together in the reference letter (i.e., XX works 35 hours per week as an RA?) and submit TA and T4A?

2. Did you submit pay stubs? I receive my research funding in cheques so they don't show in my pay stubs. Do you think a T4A will be enough?

Thank you

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Stuck In Quebec said:
also wanted to tell them that new work experience letters have been sent based on the GCMS notes. So that the application is properly evaluated.

Do you think quoting GCMS notes to write this email is a good idea. Will it be seen as being a smart ass and annoy them.

Please advice.
Certainly not. You are entitled to request modifications and point of mistakes as long as you have sufficient documentation. Even I did not have a form attached to the email. However, I found this link that might be useful. It has the form attached to it.

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-11-eng.asp

Hope this helps

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Nerozdilna said:
February 14 - 25, 2011, RA for Canadian professor, 67 hours
February 28 - December 26, 2011, Editing scientific magazine in home country, 35 hours per week, 43 weeks, 1505 hours
January 2012 - December 2013, RA/TA as PhD student in Canada, part-time, 34 weeks per year (because of summer breaks), 12hours/week, 2 years - altogether: 816 hours
July - August 2012, 227 hours as RA for Canadian professor
Hi Nerozdilna, make sure you can find a corresponding NOC number for being a scientific magazine editor. If it can be classified under either skill level A, B, or, O, then your work experience should count.

However, as has been pointed out, you need at least one year of work experience counting only in a single occupation, so you will need to wait a bit more before you can satisfy the one year of work experience requirements. You don't need to have more than one year (or equivalent) of continuous work experience for it to be counted, but at least on one of the occupations, you need a continuous chunk of 1,560 hours within the last 10 years.

Also, this is important, you can only count UP TO 30 hours per week. So if you say that you have worked 35 hours per week for 43 weeks, the total number of hours for this particular work experience will be 30 hours per week * 43 weeks = 1,290 hours, and NOT 1,505 hours. This is pursuant to subsection 80(4) of IRPR

A period of work experience that exceeds full-time work in one occupation, or simultaneous periods of work experience in more than one full-time occupation, shall be evaluated as a single period of full-time work experience in a single occupation.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-34.html#docCont
Joyce_confuser said:
To whom it may concern,

This hereby confirms that XXX, born on XXX , Passport No. XXX, was employed and worked as a full-time English lecturer by School of Foreign Languages, XXX university from XXX to July 2011. Ms. XXX's monthly income is about XXX
Her lecturer duties include:
Teach undergraduate students 8 class-hours of English listening and speaking courses and 4 class-hours of English reading course per week(equivalent of College English 101 and 102).
Teach undergraduate students 3 class-hours of English public speaking course per week.
 Develop curricula, prepare and grade exams of above courses
 Supervising undergraduate students' bachelor thesis.
Conducting researches in the field of English public speaking and second language acquisition and improving students' English public speaking courses.
 Prepareing scholarly publications and writeting scientific journal papers. During his employment here, Mr. xxxx xxxx has published the following papers:
Hi Joyce_confuser,

The following is the lead statement for NOC 4011

University professors and lecturers teach courses to undergraduate and graduate students and conduct research at universities.
I think your main duties cover the lead statement as prescribed on NOC 4011, however, I'm not really sure how a visa officer would consider your main duties to be substantially matching those of NOC 4011. So you taught classes, conducted research, graded exams, developed curricula, and supervised undergrad students. It's a substantial number of duties IMO, but again, we can't tell for sure what they will decide.

belq33 said:
Hey everyone...thanks for all the info on this forum.

I am planning to apply under the phd stream and have two questions:

1. I am receiving graduate funding from my university AND doing RA work for other professors on top of it. Those of you who do the same, did you lump these together in the reference letter (i.e., XX works 35 hours per week as an RA?) and submit TA and T4A?

2. Did you submit pay stubs? I receive my research funding in cheques so they don't show in my pay stubs. Do you think a T4A will be enough?

Thank you
Hi belq33,

There is no requirement that your incomes need to be taxable, so incomes under T4A do count. Just make sure you document everything properly. IMO, you can write just a single letter that details all of the projects you've been working on under the different professors (you can probably have all professors sign your letter), but make sure your job descriptions would contain lead statement and main duties of NOC 4012.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there anybody here who have experience with ECA assessment? How long does it take? How much does it cost? should we contact with our previous university in the back home or the organization which do this assessment do it? what if we have the transcript and degree documents and be able to submit it by ourselves to the organization?

Nerozdilna

Jun 23, 2013
asbereth said:
Also, this is important, you can only count UP TO 30 hours per week. So if you say that you have worked 35 hours per week for 43 weeks, the total number of hours for this particular work experience will be 30 hours per week * 43 weeks = 1,290 hours, and NOT 1,505 hours. This is pursuant to subsection 80(4) of IRPR
Thanks a lot, asbereth. This makes things more clear for me.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
S_Govind said:
Certainly not. You are entitled to request modifications and point of mistakes as long as you have sufficient documentation. Even I did not have a form attached to the email. However, I found this link that might be useful. It has the form attached to it.

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-11-eng.asp

Hope this helps
Thanks a lot Govind.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Curious2 said:
Yes, money in TFSA is accepted by CIC. That was the case for me.
Thanks a lot man, thats a good relief indeed :)

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
beishidashuo said:
I guess I have to go to their office instead of emailing....
Yes its better to discuss in person. Be prepared with relevant documents what you are going for. First of all try to explain the intense of the problem and how in generally it is creating the difficulties. For example, i went to discuss on the reference letter issue, went there with my first letter with the updated letter, my GCMS note etc. Told them how the magical words changing the fortune of someone and how missing of those heavenly words (assisting/assists) destroying someone hope waiting after several months. After explaining all these they asked me what I want them to do.....just told them to call Immigration, confirm them whether my Romantic Updated Reference Letter Received or not (Please be polite and generous during ur discussion/expression). Good luck :)

beishidashuo

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Thanks a lot. I will talk to them in person as soon as possible.

kaziahmmed said:
Yes its better to discuss in person. Be prepared with relevant documents what you are going for. First of all try to explain the intense of the problem and how in generally it is creating the difficulties. For example, i went to discuss on the reference letter issue, went there with my first letter with the updated letter, my GCMS note etc. Told them how the magical words changing the fortune of someone and how missing of those heavenly words (assisting/assists) destroying someone hope waiting after several months. After explaining all these they asked me what I want them to do.....just told them to call Immigration, confirm them whether my Romantic Updated Reference Letter Received or not (Please be polite and generous during ur discussion/expression). Good luck :)

belq33

Jun 23, 2013
Thanks asbereth!

One more question: When they say the phd applicant has to complete 2 years in the program, do they mean 2 academic years or 2 full years?

I started in September 2011, I thought I could apply now because I've completed two academic years, but the dean said he can't sign the letter of attestation until September.

What do you guys think?

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
belq33 said:
Thanks asbereth!

One more question: When they say the phd applicant has to complete 2 years in the program, do they mean 2 academic years or 2 full years?

I started in September 2011, I thought I could apply now because I've completed two academic years, but the dean said he can't sign the letter of attestation until September.

What do you guys think?
True. 2 years means 2 full calendar year.