Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
megha_Ontario said:
Bank statements need to be certified or may I just provide copies of downloaded e-statements? Thanks
No need of certifications. just scanned/e-statements are fine.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
megha_Ontario said:
Bank statements need to be certified or may I just provide copies of downloaded e-statements? Thanks
Stamp them from your bank, then scan and send.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
chakri264 said:
Sending the passports to Ottawa by courier or post may not be possible from Turkey. I believe, someone has to carry the passports with them with an authorization letter by the passport holder.
Oh, really!!

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
N_O said:
Stamp them from your bank, then scan and send.
Hi N_O, Do you think they must be certified? There are people in the forum who just sent the downloaded e-statements and got accepted. Correct me if I am wrong.

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
N_O said:
Oh, really!!
Yeah, There was a guy who got passport requests when his wife was away from Canada. The courier people refused to carry the passport. She sent the passport with somebody else with an authorization letter. That is how I know. I read the story in the forum itself.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
chakri264 said:
Hi N_O, Do you think they must be certified? There are people in the forum who just sent the downloaded e-statements and got accepted. Correct me if I am wrong.
That's how I sent them when I submitted my application. I am not sure about others, but I always advise to stamp them, it takes few moments from the applicants and for free!

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
chakri264 said:
Yeah, There was a guy who got passport requests when his wife was away from Canada. The courier people refused to carry the passport. She sent the passport with somebody else with an authorization letter. That is how I know. I read the story in the forum itself.
Ok! He needs to wait for Ottawa's response then! Or to come back before the deadline unless he sent them by hand.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
N_O said:
That's how I sent them when I submitted my application. I am not sure about others, but I always advise to stamp them, it takes few moments from the applicants and for free!
I did not stamp mine. I just printed out the browser view of my bank accounts and combined all pages into a single .pdf file (~50 or so pages because I have several accounts). I also provided a detailed description of my accounts history in the email, and calculated the total amount of my settlement funds.

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
costel said:
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:

a) within ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they have at least one year of continuous full-time employment (37.5 hours/week) experience, or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.

I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letters of reference from the University of X did not list job duties or responsibilities that match the actions described in the lead statement as described in the NOC code you selected. Similarly, your letter of reference from Y Secondary School did not list any duties. As such, you failed to demonstrate that your periods of work experience met the requirements listed above.

Subsection 75(3) states that if a foreign national fails to meet these requirements, the application shall be refused and no further assessment is required. I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements.

I have been a RA/TA for 6 years, and previously a teacher in Cocostate for 4 years. In February I was required to provide proof of funds and a police clearance certificate, which I did (although it was not easy at all).

When I got the reference letters last year, I went to the persons responsible showing them the requirements of CIC, however I don't have control on what people write on those letters. In some cases and countries like Cocostate, there is a predefined form that is stamped and signed by the employer. How can one imagine that an employer will pay you if you have no duties? :)

I cannot afford to spend so much time with another application and it is clear that I should make no plans to remain in Canada. It also looks that my application went into the garbage. I cry after the ~100 work hours I put into it!

The letter I had from university of X: as a RA, the loser has been responsible for conducting research in ... RA are expected to work 35 hours per week, which is full-time for a grad student.

The loser has also been employed as a TA, the major responsabilities are: conducting of laboratory or tutorial sessions for undergraduate courses and grading assignments.
Costa, no worries we are in the same boat I got the same response. With 8 years experience (back home) and two years as RA /TA, finally they reject my app. Am so sorry for you and every one who applied and got rejected, and I hope for the rest who still waiting their fate to get what they hope and desire.

ubc2010

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
asbereth said:
costel , I'm sorry to hear about your rejection. If you want, you can post your reference letter here so we can see if you have some basis for reconsideration. It will be a slim chance obviously. If you don't mind, can you tell us when you applied last year?

And I hope it won't be too complicated for your to re-apply. While you're waiting for their reply, start preparing documents for a new application. The hardest part would be to get your educations assessed (I really hope your IELTS is still valid), so you should get that going as soon as possible.
Please Any one reply. I plan to reapply, should I only send my master degree to be assessed, or the Master and Bachelor degree.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ubc2010 said:
Please Any one reply. I plan to reapply, should I only send my master degree to be assessed, or the Master and Bachelor degree.
If your highest education credentials is not from Canada, then you should just get your highest degree assessed and get immigration points accordingly.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
kg.jadu said:
I did not stamp mine. I just printed out the browser view of my bank accounts and combined all pages into a single .pdf file (~50 or so because I have several accounts). I also provided a detailed description of my accounts history in the email, and calculated the total amount of my settlement funds.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

costel

May 27, 2013
I will not reapply and I will reconsider Canada as an option. It looks clear that every attempt has been made to reject my application, and from what I can see here, this is something consistent. It is not an error, but the official policy of Canada. If there was just a bit of good faith, the CIC could have contacted my university to inquire about my job duties or could have requested another letter.

I don't want to spend again 1500 CAD and countless of hours just to have my application rejected (after another year of intense and careful processing) because I don't have blonde hair, for example.

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
N_O said:
If I were you, I'd send a supplementary letter. What if Ottawa guys were not satisfied also with the other two years, then your file will be rejected, so send them another letter to be on the safe side.
Thanks. Do people send supplementary letters by mail or e-mail?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Houra said:
Thanks. Do people send supplementary letters by mail or e-mail?
E-mail them. However, do remember to check with them a few days after to assure it is attached to your application.