+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

edwin83

Feb 8, 2012
chakri264 said:
I would suggest to send the recent statement that is from November 2012 to May, 2013. Are the funds in your bank account right now less than the suggested amount by CIC because you bought the car recently?
Thanks. The fund is above the limit.

edwin83

Feb 8, 2012
N_O said:
It seems they lost the first one, as they say it was misplaced. I'd send them a six months bank statement up to date, you can send them a clarification note that you had to withdraw $k to buy a car, you may wish to send them the bill.
Thanks. I will go to bank and get the new statements now.

ppb12

Jan 18, 2012
edwin83 said:
Hey guys, just got another request for POF this morning. Please read this and help. Thanks.

"This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Your
proof of funds were misplaced by our office and in order to help accelerate the
processing time of your application we would appreciate if you could send us your
proof of funds again. Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada."

The first POF request was on Mar. 24 and I submitted by mail on Apr.2. After the submission I inquired about the status and CIC did reply that they've received my POF. Now they're asking for POF again but not indicating for which period. It seems that they do not believe the money belongs to me since I have a large deposit in January. I have one question: should I provide the POF from Sep. 2012 to Mar. 2013 (the same as the one I mailed them previously) or from Nov. 2012 to May 2013? The situation is that I bought a car in April after submitting the first POF. Thanks.
If you do not have sufficient money and think that you do not have any convincing statement for insufficient fund, then I would suggest email them right away the previous 6 month bank statement copy. I believe you have scanned or photocopied the previous statement and kept with you. You can mention, I am just forwarding the bank statement which I sent you previously. As they have realized, it is their mistake, they should accept your previous statement I believe. If you have sufficient fund, do not bother many options, just get a new one and send them.

megha_Ontario

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
Hi guys,

So for POF I need to provide "evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations. Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted".

Wondering whether Bank statements are sufficient or any other doc is also required? Thanks

CuriousGuy

Star Member
Apr 5, 2013
megha_Ontario said:
Hi guys,

So for POF I need to provide "evidence of funds which are completely available, transferrable and unencumbered by debt or other obligations. Evidence of account activity for the past six months must also be submitted".

Wondering whether Bank statements are sufficient or any other doc is also required? Thanks
Usually what they require for the money that is "completely available" is Net worth statement. TD Bank already has a form for that and they charge $10. You can also CIBC guys, they do not have a template but the manager can print it out for you.

Additionally, you have to provide the previous six months' bank statements.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
CuriousGuy said:
Usually what they require for the money that is "completely available" is Net worth statement. TD Bank already has a form for that and they charge $10. You can also CIBC guys, they do not have a template but the manager can print it out for you.

Hello CuriousGuy,

I noticed that you didn't share your timeline with us! I know that you have got your PPR already.

CuriousGuy

Star Member
Apr 5, 2013
N_O said:
Hello CuriousGuy,

I noticed that you didn't share your timeline with us! I know that you have got your PPR already.
Hi N_O:

I will look up the exact dates and post them on the forum. I applied in January 2012. My work experience is RA + other.

Still waiting for my passport.

habibe

Feb 23, 2012
Hi fellow applicants, I am new to this forum and I appreciate the work you are doing here.
We made our application last year and after a long waiting process we received our pass. request. yet the stress continues because we are not in Canada and we are coming back at the end of the summer. We cannot mail them our passports. Before our departure from Canada, we contacted CIC asking if we are required to submit an address change form although our permanent address is still in Canada. They told us all necessary communication with us will be made via email and in case our application is approved while we are away, we could contact the Canadian Embassy. The embassy in our home country says that they cannot process our file as they do not have access to it. I sent an email to OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca 6 days ago but have not received a reply yet. how long does it usually take them to reply? we also tried the call center. they say we need to wait for a reply to our email. the pass request email we received states that CIC should receive our passports within 60 days and I am worried about the deadline. I wonder if anybody here has any suggestions. thank you!

I made a note of our info and time line below for the tracker:
application (2 people) 23 March 2012
payment 28 March 2012
PER 12 April 2012
RPRF request April4 2013
medical request April 5 2013
passport request May 13 2013
visa office Ottawa
nationality Turkish
work experience other

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
edwin83 said:
Thanks. The fund is above the limit.
Yeah, send them the new statement. As long as the funds are above the limit prescribed, you are safe and they do not bother bothering you about the difference in the last statement and current. Attach a letter explaining the purpose of the new letter (that you were requested by CIC) and why the number mentioned in the application is different from the new statement (that you bought a car and attach the receipt as N_o said). That will work.

megha_Ontario

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
CuriousGuy said:

Thank you :)

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
CuriousGuy said:
Hi N_O:

I will look up the exact dates and post them on the forum. I applied in January 2012. My work experience is RA + other.

Still waiting for my passport.
OK, thanks!

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
megha_Ontario said:
Hi guys,

It would be better to take a new certification letter from banker with the above statement mentioned in it.Also attach 6 months statements. That should work.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
habibe said:
Hi fellow applicants, I am new to this forum and I appreciate the work you are doing here.
We made our application last year and after a long waiting process we received our pass. request. yet the stress continues because we are not in Canada and we are coming back at the end of the summer. We cannot mail them our passports. Before our departure from Canada, we contacted CIC asking if we are required to submit an address change form although our permanent address is still in Canada. They told us all necessary communication with us will be made via email and in case our application is approved while we are away, we could contact the Canadian Embassy. The embassy in our home country says that they cannot process our file as they do not have access to it. I sent an email to OttPilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca 6 days ago but have not received a reply yet. how long does it usually take them to reply? we also tried the call center. they say we need to wait for a reply to our email. the pass request email we received states that CIC should receive our passports within 60 days and I am worried about the deadline. I wonder if anybody here has any suggestions. thank you!

I made a note of our info and time line below for the tracker:
application (2 people) 23 March 2012
payment 28 March 2012
PER 12 April 2012
RPRF request April4 2013
medical request April 5 2013
passport request May 13 2013
visa office Ottawa
nationality Turkish
work experience other
How long will you stay in Turkey? Will you come back after the deadline?
Ottawa guys take their time to response, it depends on the kind of the inquiry, it takes from a day to 50 days!
So if you are staying for a long time in Turkey, you may wish to send them the passports, it takes 30 days to issue the visa in most of cases.

megha_Ontario

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
chakri264 said:
It would be better to take a new certification letter from banker with the above statement mentioned in it.Also attach 6 months statements. That should work.
Bank statements need to be certified or may I just provide copies of downloaded e-statements? Thanks

chakri264

Feb 28, 2013
London, Ontario
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Citizenship
App. Filed.......
13 October 2017
Doc's Request.
None
N_O said:
How long will you stay in Turkey? Will you come back after the deadline?
Ottawa guys take their time to response, it depends on the kind of the inquiry, it takes from a day to 50 days!
So if you are staying for a long time in Turkey, you may wish to send them the passports, it takes 30 days to issue the visa in most of cases.
Sending the passports to Ottawa by courier or post may not be possible from Turkey. I believe, someone has to carry the passports with them with an authorization letter by the passport holder.