+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Uwindsor2009 said:
Sorry to hear this......
Hope they want exact line from corresponding NOC code.

better to include those lines in the reference letter.
Yes. We must exactly copy those lines in our reference letters.

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got contacted two days ago.
aidina said:
Regarding the IELTS, I think you can do it since they already have the original copy of it. You can also include RA from anywhere, why not? BTW, When did you get contacted?

CECapplicant

Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5- Dec. 2012
AOR Received.
25 Jan. 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Withdrew application on 23rd May
Hi there.
Here is my reference letter sample (We have got doc request a few days ago, my husband is the one who updates this thread for our application info). I have used "Mr. XXXX" for the names and details of research and blah blah blah. However the template is like this, and it will be great if some general details of your research contributions can be mentioned.

Month day, 2012

Confirmation of Mr. XXXX Research Assistantship

To whom it may concern

I am writing to confirm that Mr. XXXXX is a PhD student in my research laboratory, paid as a full-time research assistant (RA) in YYYY Department at ZZZ university, City, Province, Canada. He was offered this position on Jan 2010, and he is supposed to work 40 hours per week, with annual salary of CAN$ XXXX. This employment will continue until his PhD graduation, with an expected date around December 2013. He has also been teaching assistant (TA) of several courses in our department.

As a research assistant, Mr. XXXX is responsible for conducting literature reviews, algorithm development, analysis of research results, and preparation of journal and conference papers. He completed a sponsored research project for XXXX (some brief details of your projects and their contribution).
His current research focuses on XXXX with particular application to XXXX. (Some details of the completed and ongoing projects and publications).

Demonstrating high intellectual ability and high caliber in his research, he has made remarkable achievements and contributions, published in conferences and journal papers. In summary, I believe strongly in potential of Mr. XXXX as a talented and diligent researcher, which can make contributions to Canadian society, and therefore, I strongly support his application for Canadian permanent residency.

Sincerely,
XXXX, Ph.D., P. Eng.
Professor
School of XXXX

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Hi Guys,

I've been very busy so haven't had time to properly update your info on the tracker. For those who check the tracker and notice that it is not updated, kindly let me know and I shall do so accordingly.

Thanks

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Btw guys, for the 2nd batch of PhD stream applicants, your current count of total applications receive has been updated.
The new figure is currently, 486 of 1,000 (as of March 20, 2013).

taken from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,

I am preparing my PCC and Bank Statement upon CIC's DOCUMENT REQUEST.

My question is: Should I send them with Email, or mail? Or both?

Any comments?

Thanks very much.

unshans

Jan 30, 2013
Urgent help

Can somebody help please

I have a situation
We are applying for FSW under PhD stream
However, a while ago my wife applied for reentry visa and in her application form under employment section we just wrote "looking for job" while she was also attending non-credit English as second language classes
(I don't know why I did this silly thing to omit that! because it says mention if you are studying) now for immigration application.........
in her back ground declaration form under activities we must mention that she was attending those classes
I think CIC can't track that she was attending those classes but I don't want to lie about it.

I think since the visa application forms have bar codes they might have easy access to previous one's applications and if so this might produce contradiction to what we have mentioned earlier and therefore a rejection and lots of trouble
Does anyone have idea how serious is this case if we just mention that she was attending classes in her activities
Does CIC look back at previous visa applications by an accompanying spouse?

I appreciate your help

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent CELPIP with application
Re: Urgent help

unshans said:
Can somebody help please

I have a situation
We are applying for FSW under PhD stream
However, a while ago my wife applied for reentry visa and in her application form under employment section we just wrote "looking for job" while she was also attending non-credit English as second language classes
(I don't know why I did this silly thing to omit that! because it says mention if you are studying) now for immigration application.........
in her back ground declaration form under activities we must mention that she was attending those classes
I think CIC can't track that she was attending those classes but I don't want to lie about it.

I think since the visa application forms have bar codes they might have easy access to previous one's applications and if so this might produce contradiction to what we have mentioned earlier and therefore a rejection and lots of trouble
Does anyone have idea how serious is this case if we just mention that she was attending classes in her activities
Does CIC look back at previous visa applications by an accompanying spouse?

I appreciate your help
I don't know an answer to your questions, perhaps one of the seniors could help you.
You could order a CAIPS report to know what they have on the system for you both... Although, I would think that they would have a record of all the applications and requests you've made...

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm so sad to hear all this rejection news :( Don't give up guys... An update about my situation. A while ago I contacted CIO-Sydney and asked them to include my spouse's name in the PER letter so that we can apply for OHIP. They replied that my file has been forwarded to Ottawa and I should contact them. So I contacted ottawa, and here's what they replied:

The letter sent to you by the Central Intake Office in Sydney, NS is not an indication that your application will be successful. Your application is eligible for processing, but must be assessed by an officer to determine if you meet the requirements for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Federal Skilled Worker Class. We cannot guarantee that your application will be successful.

As such, we are not in a position to provide you with the document you seek. Once your application is assessed by an officer, further communication will be sent to you at that time.

It seems that they didn't understand my request. Any experience on how should I explain the situation for them? I just need "confirmation of eligibility to be processed" with both me and my spouse's name on it, to be used for OHIP application. (I'm not asking for proof of a guaranteed success!) Any help would be useful.
Thanks!

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maytheflower said:
Guys,

I am preparing my PCC and Bank Statement upon CIC's DOCUMENT REQUEST.

My question is: Should I send them with Email, or mail? Or both?

Any comments?

Thanks very much.
need help also!! ???

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
maytheflower said:
need help also!! ???
From what I know, they prefer email for all other docs except police cert. Police cert, you'll need to send by mail as they require the actual original hard copy. I can't find the link that says this right now. Will share the link later when I manage to find it.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Houra said:
I'm so sad to hear all this rejection news :( Don't give up guys... An update about my situation. A while ago I contacted CIO-Sydney and asked them to include my spouse's name in the PER letter so that we can apply for OHIP. They replied that my file has been forwarded to Ottawa and I should contact them. So I contacted ottawa, and here's what they replied:

The letter sent to you by the Central Intake Office in Sydney, NS is not an indication that your application will be successful. Your application is eligible for processing, but must be assessed by an officer to determine if you meet the requirements for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the Federal Skilled Worker Class. We cannot guarantee that your application will be successful.

As such, we are not in a position to provide you with the document you seek. Once your application is assessed by an officer, further communication will be sent to you at that time.

It seems that they didn't understand my request. Any experience on how should I explain the situation for them? I just need "confirmation of eligibility to be processed" with both me and my spouse's name on it, to be used for OHIP application. (I'm not asking for proof of a guaranteed success!) Any help would be useful.
Thanks!

hi I am also similar situation. I wrote to CIO Sydney to include spouse name as a dependent in my PER letter.
I got a negative response from them.

So what I am thinking I ll apply a Copy of immigration file under privacy act and use that one as a supplementary document to apply OHIP for my Wife.

What about fee reduction ? Have you tried to reduce your fee at your university?

Do you have new wordings in your PER letter?

nouroz99

Jan 6, 2013
Thank you CECApplicant!

My timeline was
Applied In Jan2012
Application received Feb2012
Credit card Feb2012
PER received Mar2012
Rejection Feb2013

Thanks again for your help.
Good luck with current applications.
Regards

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
websphereguy said:
From what I know, they prefer email for all other docs except police cert. Police cert, you'll need to send by mail as they require the actual original hard copy. I can't find the link that says this right now. Will share the link later when I manage to find it.
many thanks!
hope you will have good news for your appliciation soon.

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent CELPIP with application
Houra said:

Thanks!
It's quite hard to communicate with them! It's just like communicating with machines...
But, this made me wonder. What if someone gets his PER and applied for OHIP and gets it and uses it for a checkup or whatever. What happens if that unlucky dude receives a rejection afterwards?! Does he pay for the checkup that he did using his OHIP?
How does the OHIP know that he was rejected and should no longer be using his OHIP?

And what happens to those who decrease their tuition fees in university? Do they pay for the semesters where the fees were reduced? or are they just back to pay international fees from the date they got the rejection?!

??? ???