CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
sent CELPIP with application
I need to ask you all again did anyone apply under NOC4012 with only one of the TA or RA experience?
Or did you all apply with both TA AND RA?

It's confusing because from the example titles on the hrsdc website is "teaching assistant - university", which implies that this person would only have TA experience (and NO RA experience).
What do you think?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
hany001 said:
I need to ask you all again did anyone apply under NOC4012 with only one of the TA or RA experience?
Or did you all apply with both TA AND RA?

It's confusing because from the example titles on the hrsdc website is "teaching assistant - university", which implies that this person would only have TA experience (and NO RA experience).
What do you think?
I don't know where you got this information:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4012&val65=4011

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
maytheflower said:
many thanks!
hope you will have good news for your appliciation soon.
Thanks, the question I have right now is whether or not we should only send them stuff when they request from us or should we pro-actively provide stuff without having to wait for their request? Take for example my case where my police cert has already expired but I managed to get my embassy to reissue a new one with new dates. However they haven't ask from me for my PCC yet (which I know they would when they see that the date has expired). So question is, should I wait for them to ask, or can I just go send it to them?

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request

aelatar

Jan 28, 2012
asbereth said:
Congrats, man :) They took almost two months since you submitted your passport, but at least, you now have your visa :) Anyway, did they ask you for bank statement when you landed?

Yeah, apply for the new one anyway. If you want to send to them the old one, it's probably a good idea as well to write an explanation letter as well, and maybe copies of all pages of your current passport, showing that you haven't been back to Iran since the date you got that PCC. It may not make a difference, but as long as there is not a page on your passport that you're trying to hide from them, it probably won't hurt either. All the same though, still apply for a new PCC, 'cause I think almost for sure that they will ask you for a new valid PCC, and you don't want to repeat my mistake by not applying for PCC early enough (and having my application processing be delayed).
No they did not!.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
maytheflower said:
many thanks!
hope you will have good news for your appliciation soon.
Btw, I found the link...

Check out here, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp and go to the bottom, click on item (6) under FAQ, "I need to send documents that are part of the application process. Where do I send them?"

The answer is:
Scan and e-mail documents (other than police certificates) to: OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca

Send original Police Certificates to:

Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

**** If you applied at the Canadian Visa Office in Buffalo, New York, we have transferred your application to the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (CPP-O) for processing.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
TyrusX said:
Yes. But what is your point exactly? The same node code is valid for TAs, RAs, and those that do both. Is this your doubt?
I just wanted to make sure that if someone can only prove his TA experience will not be rejected under this NOC because he doesn't have any RA experience. What do you think?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
Btw, I found the link...

Check out here, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp and go to the bottom, click on item (6) under FAQ, "I need to send documents that are part of the application process. Where do I send them?"
Dude, that link has been on my signature for MONTHS! LOL

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
hany001 said:
I just wanted to make sure that if someone can only prove his TA experience will not be rejected under this NOC because he doesn't have any RA experience. What do you think?
We can only hope for. It is hard to say. I advise you to try.

aler123

Dec 4, 2012
I was rejected today due to the fact that I did not have the required $11,125 amount despite having sent my bank statement as well as a scholarship letter that said I was guaranteed a 9000$ scholarship amount every year in form of RA contracts. My question is if anyone got a refund of the application fee after being rejected, either from the CIC or from their students union at the university. I read on the forum somewhere that someone said they would get refunded from the university so I am just wondering if that's true. Where do we have to ask for such a refund? Is it the students' union?

Thanks for your advice!

TRT_Flynn

Star Member
Jun 7, 2012
aler123 said:
I was rejected today due to the fact that I did not have the required $11,125 amount despite having sent my bank statement as well as a scholarship letter that said I was guaranteed a 9000$ scholarship amount every year in form of RA contracts. My question is if anyone got a refund of the application fee after being rejected, either from the CIC or from their students union at the university. I read on the forum somewhere that someone said they would get refunded from the university so I am just wondering if that's true. Where do we have to ask for such a refund? Is it the students' union?

Thanks for your advice!
aler123, do you mind share your timeline?

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
TyrusX said:
We can only hope for. It is hard to say. I advise you to try.
I hope so too... Thanks for your reply!

hany001

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 8, 2013
IELTS Request
aler123 said:

Thanks for your advice!
I was refused because of work experience and I was not refunded. Their reason was that I failed in the selection process, which as I understood is when they check your documents (work experience, proof of funds, etc...)