Government is dealing with too many
Unfair decisions, even according to
Some of your guys, such an important
Application depends on luck and their
Favorite! What a ridiculous thing if it
Is the case. Don't they follow law? Or
We really make some mistakes?
Lots of mistakes from applicants parts. Biggest problems with the stream are:
1. People applying without funds, hoping for a miracle.
2. People with no work experience, or just a little work experience.

This two items make the applications weak and increase the chances of rejection.

Problems with the regulations:
1. Unfair, illogical, ambiguos definition of what constitutes completing 2 years of program in Canada, so no adaptability point is given, what makes most candidates fail the minimum score needed.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:

This two items make the applications weak and increase the chances of rejection.

1. Unfair, illogical, ambiguos definition of what constitutes completing 2 years of program in Canada, so no adaptability point is given, what makes most candidates fail the minimum score needed.
We did get several rejections due to job description mismatch that shouldn't have been. While it is indeed the case that a lot of applicants also did not put proper descriptions for their work experience, several recent ones have turned out to be really perplexing ones, where we could not actually find anything wrong with their descriptions (sarsanballa's, Luigiovemma's, even hamed_hamed_hamed's if they did indeed consider his additional letter)

neuron

Star Member
Oct 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2013
Nomination.....
15-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
09-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
TyrusX said:

Yes, I agree.At current stage, if you want to
Get 5 points from adaptation, phd does not work
Because the policy is you have to complete a programm, but most
Candidates are doing phd without finishing that. If you are married and the
Spouse has a master's degree and more than 17 education, you
Can earn 5. I see that once new policy takes action, this changes, the phd can earn
5, but if your spouse has no IELTS, master's degree does not work
Anymore.

As for work experience, yes, the TA/RA is a kind of awkward experience, it is
Not full time and not a regular job. Thus, it is
Hard to convince them.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Hello I have a friend who got rejected today because of Job description.

I had the similar job description. But I have change it now and I am gonna send it to CIC tomorrow with the hope that I do not got rejected. What do you think Will this wrok if they receive my new job experience letter before they made decision?

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
websphereguy said:
From what I know, they prefer email for all other docs except police cert. Police cert, you'll need to send by mail as they require the actual original hard copy. I can't find the link that says this right now. Will share the link later when I manage to find it.
Thanks

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
hooman2012 said:

I had the similar job description. But I have change it now and I am gonna send it to CIC tomorrow with the hope that I do not got rejected. What do you think Will this wrok if they receive my new job experience letter before they made decision?
didn't work for me. But try it by email.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
I just got a lawyer and Tomorrow I will send my new documents to them, Hope they receive my documents before they send me an email. My lawyer is following up. I hope I can make it .

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Uwindsor2009 said:
hi I am also similar situation. I wrote to CIO Sydney to include spouse name as a dependent in my PER letter.
I got a negative response from them.

So what I am thinking I ll apply a Copy of immigration file under privacy act and use that one as a supplementary document to apply OHIP for my Wife.

What about fee reduction ? Have you tried to reduce your fee at your university?

Do you have new wordings in your PER letter?
Yes I gave the PER letter to the school of graduate studies, they said it is ok and they'll process it for Fall semester. I had the new wording too.

The thing is in your case the officer clearly said that communications will be sent only to main applicant, right? In my case, the officer didn't say so. He just said that the decision is not final yet and this doesn't mean that I will for sure get PR. As if they didn't understand my request! That's why I'm thinking of replying again and mentioning that it is OK that it is not final, and I just want a letter showing that it is eligible for processing (with both our names on it). Any ideas?

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hany001 said:
It's quite hard to communicate with them! It's just like communicating with machines...
But, this made me wonder. What if someone gets his PER and applied for OHIP and gets it and uses it for a checkup or whatever. What happens if that unlucky dude receives a rejection afterwards?! Does he pay for the checkup that he did using his OHIP?
How does the OHIP know that he was rejected and should no longer be using his OHIP?

And what happens to those who decrease their tuition fees in university? Do they pay for the semesters where the fees were reduced? or are they just back to pay international fees from the date they got the rejection?!

??? ???
I don't know about tuition fees. But for OHIP, you need to be only "eligible to apply for PR" not "eligible for PR". So, once you get your PER, even though you later get rejected, you can still renew your OHIP as long as you live in Ontario. Is that correct senior people?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:

A few days ago, someone in your condition got a document update from CPP-Ottawa (i.e. he has sent them an updated reference letter without their request). You must certainly do it. Send it through e-mail to CPP-Ottawa. I also checked with CIC call centre, and I was told that they would accept the 2nd letter and make their decision based on it.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
hooman2012 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-adaptability.asp
the word there is previous. We don't have previous study, we have current study of more than 2 years. Unfortunately, if you had started a degree and abandoned it two years later, those points would be awarded.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
TyrusX said:
the word there is previous. We don't have previous study, we have current study of more than 2 years. Unfortunately, if you had started a degree and abandoned it two years later, those points would be awarded.
That is B... Shi..

I just noticed my friend got rejected because of job description which was exactly the same as mine because we are in the same lab and we have same supervisor. No I just got another work experience from my supervisor, and I got a lawyer, and I will send the new document to them tomorrow. The lawyer told me they can not reject you if you do this. However I know they rejected hamed_hamed_hamed. But he made me sure that they have to give him a reason able explanation. I hope this works for me at least.