+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
asbereth said:
This is interesting. Thanks for the info, but can you share other information as required as well (such as nationality, number of applicants, work experience)? And is this a re-application? What proof of fund did you provide when you applied? Did you just give the balance? And was it overseas account?

We postulated that Ottawa requesting documents from you might mean that you have already passed eligibility, but it's hard to believe that they got to your file at all, since you just got your PER three weeks ago. Maybe they change the order in which they're reviewing applications? It's also interesting that your timeline is similar as that of Kuzey's friend (PER two weeks ago and already received document request from Ottawa). I wonder if they will be super fast from now on :)
You're right. It's hard to believe that. This is kind of a re-application because last time I was rejected by Sydney CIO due to insufficient points (my mistake). For this application I just sent a bank statement showing total money in all my canadian accounts I had. I didn't provide information of my overseas accounts. I'm from China. One applicant with 2-year TA/RA work experience only.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
asbereth said:
This is interesting. Thanks for the info, but can you share other information as required as well (such as nationality, number of applicants, work experience)? And is this a re-application? What proof of fund did you provide when you applied? Did you just give the balance? And was it overseas account?

We postulated that Ottawa requesting documents from you might mean that you have already passed eligibility, but it's hard to believe that they got to your file at all, since you just got your PER three weeks ago. Maybe they change the order in which they're reviewing applications? It's also interesting that your timeline is similar as that of Kuzey's friend (PER two weeks ago and already received document request from Ottawa). I wonder if they will be super fast from now on :)

I don't mind sharing mine with you, though there will be no point doing so right now since I've not heard back from Ottawa at all. My friend used the exact same template and structure for his letter for CEC last year (CEC no longer accepts TA/RA this year though), and he got his medicals back in December 2012 (and his RA is non-taxable income). Another friend of mine landed back in November, also with CEC and only TA/RA, and apparently, jessiezz also landed as well, and she only used TA/RA experience. I think this should be proof enough that TA/RA experience is accepted as experience.

Thanks, can you please share yours with me?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Recently, we saw some fellows who got rejected for the lack of work experience, and as a result, I want to avoid falling into the same issue.

Three little inquiries (yes or No):
1) Did anybody send a work experience letter from his/her supervisor with RA position that is only based on (non-taxable) monthly award?
2) Does it count as a full time job with 37.5 hours per week?
3) Did anybody send a work experience letter from his/her supervisor with RA position without getting any award nor salary?
I reviewed my work experience and I wanted to add 6 months of full time as RA. The letter can be dated by Nov 1st, 2012, and my application reached CIO on Nov. 22nd, 2012.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
proclivity said:
Please see above. Could you please let me know whether it's considered doc requested or not? Thanks.
Doc request is basically if they ask for police certificate or banking history or even cv (resume) or sometimes list of research papers etc. Note: its not the files / docs you send along with your application but it is actually additional files or sometimes can be the same docs you send (yes they may ask you for it again) at another period in time.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
proclivity said:
Hello,

Here's my timeline.

My application reached Sydney on Dec 5.
My credit card was charged on Jan 15.
I got PER on Jan 31.

Could you please let me know whether it's considered DOC requested or not? Thanks.
Btw, did you send your app on Dec 5 2012 or Dec 5 2013?

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
proclivity said:
You're right. It's hard to believe that. This is kind of a re-application because last time I was rejected by Sydney CIO due to insufficient points (my mistake). For this application I just sent a bank statement showing total money in all my canadian accounts I had. I didn't provide information of my overseas accounts. I'm from China. One applicant with 2-year TA/RA work experience only.
Which province did you apply from?

lopaka

Feb 17, 2013
salam20 said:
Recently, we saw some fellows who got rejected for the lack of work experience, and as a result, I want to avoid falling into the same issue.

Three little inquiries (yes or No):
1) Did anybody send a work experience letter from his/her supervisor with RA position that is only based on (non-taxable) monthly award?
2) Does it count as a full time job with 37.5 hours per week?
3) Did anybody send a work experience letter from his/her supervisor with RA position without getting any award nor salary?
I reviewed my work experience and I wanted to add 6 months of full time as RA. The letter can be dated by Nov 1st, 2012, and my application reached CIO on Nov. 22nd, 2012.
Hello All:

My PR application was rejected January this year due to lacking of 1 year experience. I did research assistant (RA), however my letter of employment from the department does not show clearly how many hours/week so they can not determine my working experience. I am planing to apply again this May. I really appreciate if someone can send me the template of your working experience for RA so that I can prepare well on this.

Thanks

lopaka

Feb 17, 2013
asbereth said:
I don't mind sharing mine with you, though there will be no point doing so right now since I've not heard back from Ottawa at all. My friend used the exact same template and structure for his letter for CEC last year (CEC no longer accepts TA/RA this year though), and he got his medicals back in December 2012 (and his RA is non-taxable income). Another friend of mine landed back in November, also with CEC and only TA/RA, and apparently, jessiezz also landed as well, and she only used TA/RA experience. I think this should be proof enough that TA/RA experience is accepted as experience.
Hello asbereth,

I wonder if you can share me your template for the working employment letter? I just want to know which information and format I should use in the latter.

Many Thanks,

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Can somebody please (specially those who got their medicals) share their RA reference letter and work experience letter with us?
I need to compare my letters with accepted ones to see what I am missing. I need them for my new application.
Thanks a lot.

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
websphereguy said:
Btw, did you send your app on Dec 5 2012 or Dec 5 2013?
2012. One more question, is it possible that Ottawa would request documents couple times? I am more worried about my TA/RA work experience.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Work experience letter:

Must include:
- a letter head include logo and/ or department name
- Contact details of the employer (may put it in the footer)
- Contact details of the supervisor or HR officer (the one who signs the letter)
- Job title (preferred to be identical to the NOC index)
- Job description exactly as shown in the NOC index (preferred: include the job NOC code)
- Full time or part time (if part time it must be continuous work experience -- not showing a month gap)
- Note: part time work 1950 hours counts as 1 full time year.
- Work hours if full time (37.5 hours per week)
- Period of work (from xxx to xxx) -- preferred in days
- Annual salary
it is preferred to include:
- photocopy of contract
- Photocopy of tax return and / or assessment notice and / or T4 and / or T4A
Please note that:
- The date of the letter must be before your application.
- The Noc code from 2001 covers work experience from 2001 to 2006. (make sure you have the right code and the right date on the letter)
- The Noc code from 2006 covers work experience from 2006 to 2011. (make sure you have the right code and the right date on the letter)
- The Noc code from 2006 covers work experience from 2011 to now. (make sure you have the right code and the right date on the letter)
URL for NOC 2011:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/OccupationIndex.aspx
URL for NOC 2006:
please send me the link to post it here
Finally, please correct me if there is something wrong.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
salam20,

I didn't relate the NOC code to the year of experience. For my 2010 work experience, I used the 2011 NOC classification
while filling up the form and not 2006 as you have mentioned.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Did you guys copy the exact NOC job description into your work experience letters?
Isn't it bad, because the officer may say you should not copy the duties in your letter. Instead your employer should write what you really did in your work.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Feb2004 said:
salam20,

I didn't relate the NOC code to the year of experience. For my 2010 work experience, I used the 2011 NOC classification
while filling up the form and not 2006 as you have mentioned.
check the date of your letter, make sure you have the right code and the right date on the letter