+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
asbereth said:
IMO, the problem is not whether it is easy to get accepted to a management problem, but whether you actually want to do it. What's the point of applying if you have no intention of enrolling to begin with? How about Quebec Skilled Worker or Provincial Nominee? I'm not that familiar with Quebec specific immigration programs, but wouldn't Quebec students have a better chance with any of these?

Ya, they're probably taking a break making document or medical requests, and start processing all the documents and medical reports that they must currently be receiving in droves. I just wish that they have been more consistent with the timelines of applications within the same stream.

If everything goes well, you probably received the visa roughly the same amount of time with earlier applicants, but there is a huge psychological difference between waiting 6 months after medicals, and waiting 6 months before, even if in the end it would take roughly the same time to receive the visa. And there is a huge difference between waiting for a year then get rejected, than waiting for just 4 to 6 months to then get rejected (a lot of rejected November applications knew their applications were rejected already by June or July last year, but rejected January applications just heard of rejections recently, after waiting for more than a year).

I would much rather know early that my application would likely be fine, even if the wait after that would be a bit longer, rather than waiting a long time to hear anything, guessing every waking moment whether things will be fine (let's say two applications both take 15 months to complete, one with a medical after 6 months, and the other one after 13 months, I would much rather be in the former situation than the latter).
I have a point you may need to get any acceptance letter to provide it to the cic. Acceptance from management school or a post doctoral position even if its without a salary. after you get the PR you do what you think it is best for you.

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

in 13 days it will have been a year since my application reached CIC, and I haven't heard a word.
So, I went on the Post Grad Work Permit (PGWP) threads, but no help from there:

Would any of you who have already applied to PGWP be kind enough to provide a template and what is on your letter of confirmation from your faculty/program office?

It would be really helpful, as my school is refusing to give it to me and state that "I have met all of my degree requirements".
They were only willing to say that I completed course work and that I'm awaiting defence after submitting my thesis.
They say that I will meet the "degree requirements" AFTER I defend AND submit the final version of the thesis to the University.
It's really a question of administrative vocabulary, as for the PGWP, they're okay when you submitted the thesis to the department and gave a defence date, but you don't have to have defended when you apply.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
ASG said:
Hey guys,

in 13 days it will have been a year since my application reached CIC, and I haven't heard a word.
So, I went on the Post Grad Work Permit (PGWP) threads, but no help from there:

Would any of you who have already applied to PGWP be kind enough to provide a template and what is on your letter of confirmation from your faculty/program office?

It would be really helpful, as my school is refusing to give it to me and state that "I have met all of my degree requirements".
They were only willing to say that I completed course work and that I'm awaiting defence after submitting my thesis.
They say that I will meet the "degree requirements" AFTER I defend AND submit the final version of the thesis to the University.
It's really a question of administrative vocabulary, as for the PGWP, they're okay when you submitted the thesis to the department and gave a defence date, but you don't have to have defended when you apply.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I think you have to defend.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Do you guys have any idea about the processing times for people who Re-apply?
A few pages ago, "Kuzey" brought up the case of his friend who got processed in CPP-Ottawa only after two weeks of getting PER.
His friend of course re-applied.

Do you guys have any other example to confirm or refuse my conclusion?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
A few pages ago, "Kuzey" brought up the case of his friend who got processed in CPP-Ottawa only after two weeks of getting PER.

The guy applied a few weeks after being rejected for lack of funding. His request show that they were wary of his reapplication. They will check your reapplication against the original one in order to find if you misrepresented yourself.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
TyrusX said:
The guy applied a few weeks after being rejected for lack of funding. His request show that they were wary of his reapplication. They will check your reapplication against the original one in order to find if you misrepresented yourself.
Still, if CPP-Ottawa checks new arrived (2-week) applications so quick, it would be awesome news for people like me.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Still, if CPP-Ottawa checks new arrived (2-week) applications so quick, it would be awesome news for people like me.
Maybe if they were rejected because of funding issues (which most likely means Ottawa had already found them to be eligible in minimum requirements and selection factor), and everything else is exactly the same. One of my friends got rejected because of job description mismatch (he did not include TA/RA the first time around). He reapplied back in August (now using TA/RA experience), got his PER 2 months later, and still hadn't heard anything since. So it would vary from cases to cases obviously.

kuzey

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
Doc's Request.
06-02-2013
Med's Request
14-06-2013
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Passport Req..
06-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
I brought my friend's issue to you to be able to hear your comments. Actually he just visited a lawyer and confirmed that Ottawa has nothing to do with your account activity before the time that you filed the application. he was mostly worried about the overlap time that was rejected as he did not have enough funds. So no worry for the overlap time. He had enough funds at the time of application and did not touched it after. It would be fine.

But still opening an application after two weeks is still a record for Ottawa even if they know that you could be misrepresented because of last rejection. It still means that they care about applicants and this is a good news. It could be an accident too. Who knows. We can just wait and wait. I also know a friend who reapplied on May 2012 and got document request after 9 months.

hamed_hamed_hamed said:

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm a new member in this forum. Yesterday, I got an email from CPP-Ottawa requesting my proof of funds. Is this the so-call Doc Requested stage in the immigration tracker? I am so confused because I just got my PER half month ago. Is it normal? I looked up the tracker and found that the latest Doc Requested people received their PER around August last year.

BTW, I don't know what type of bank statement they ask for. I have asked for bank statements from my bank three times and each time what I got was just showing how much money in total in all my accounts. Shall I just do this again or ask for a different bank statement?

Thank you.

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
You need to provide all your account activity in the past 6 months.
So you should ask or print checking and saving accounting statements for 6 months.

By the way, it would be good if you provide your time line information. For example, when the office received your application, etc. So they can put you into the tracking system.
proclivity said:
Hi guys,

I'm a new member in this forum. Yesterday, I got an email from CPP-Ottawa requesting my proof of funds. Is this the so-call Doc Requested stage in the immigration tracker? I am so confused because I just got my PER half month ago. Is it normal? I looked up the tracker and found that the latest Doc Requested people received their PER around August last year.

BTW, I don't know what type of bank statement they ask for. I have asked for bank statements from my bank three times and each time what I got was just showing how much money in total in all my accounts. Shall I just do this again or ask for a different bank statement?

Thank you.

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
proclivity said:
Hi guys,

Thank you.
Hi there, what is your application timeline? like when did you submit your application, and when you received PER, etc.

hamed_hamed_hamed

Jan 20, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013 (Re-app)
Doc's Request.
07-08-2013 & 20-10-2013
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Can somebody please send me his/her RAship reference letter?
As you know I got rejected once due to unsatisfying RA letter.
I am looking for a sample RA letter that went through the eligibility step and got accepted.
I mean those who got their medicals, may you please give me your RA letter? You may want to remove your real name / university name, etc.

I don't want to copy it. I want to see what deficiencies my RA had compared to an accepted RA letter.
Thanks a lot.

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
dfbb said:
You need to provide all your account activity in the past 6 months.
So you should ask or print checking and saving accounting statements for 6 months.

By the way, it would be good if you provide your time line information. For example, when the office received your application, etc. So they can put you into the tracking system.
Hello,

Here's my timeline.

My application reached Sydney on Dec 5.
My credit card was charged on Jan 15.
I got PER on Jan 31.

Could you please let me know whether it's considered DOC requested or not? Thanks.

proclivity

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
sarsanballa said:
Hi there, what is your application timeline? like when did you submit your application, and when you received PER, etc.
Please see above. Could you please let me know whether it's considered doc requested or not? Thanks.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
proclivity said:
My application reached Sydney on Dec 5.
My credit card was charged on Jan 15.
I got PER on Jan 31.
This is interesting. Thanks for the info, but can you share other information as required as well (such as nationality, number of applicants, work experience)? And is this a re-application? What proof of fund did you provide when you applied? Did you just give the balance? And was it overseas account?

We postulated that Ottawa requesting documents from you might mean that you have already passed eligibility, but it's hard to believe that they got to your file at all, since you just got your PER three weeks ago. Maybe they change the order in which they're reviewing applications? It's also interesting that your timeline is similar as that of Kuzey's friend (PER two weeks ago and already received document request from Ottawa). I wonder if they will be super fast from now on :)

hamed_hamed_hamed said:
Can somebody please send me his/her RAship reference letter?
As you know I got rejected once due to unsatisfying RA letter.
I am looking for a sample RA letter that went through the eligibility step and got accepted.
I mean those who got their medicals, may you please give me your RA letter? You may want to remove your real name / university name, etc.
I don't mind sharing mine with you, though there will be no point doing so right now since I've not heard back from Ottawa at all. My friend used the exact same template and structure for his letter for CEC last year (CEC no longer accepts TA/RA this year though), and he got his medicals back in December 2012 (and his RA is non-taxable income). Another friend of mine landed back in November, also with CEC and only TA/RA, and apparently, jessiezz also landed as well, and she only used TA/RA experience. I think this should be proof enough that TA/RA experience is accepted as experience.