+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
salam20 said:
For the fellow who wants a proof that he will not reside in Quebec, I guess you may get an acceptance letter to join any program in management or something else in another province and provide this as a proof.
Is it that easy to get acceptance letter for a program in management ? it does not matter what your major is?

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Habib2012 said:
Hey Absolopute_boy97
I have the same situation as you have. How about us getting in touch with each other? can you give me your email address or sth?
Hey guys, could you please put me in the circle as well? I have the same situation!!

Thanks a lot,

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
nima2000 said:
Hey guys, could you please put me in the circle as well? I have the same situation!!

Thanks a lot,
Could you pls share us your info as per the cols shown in the spreadsheet here - http://bit.ly/tpvdZa

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Habib2012 said:
Hey Absolopute_boy97
I have the same situation as you have. How about us getting in touch with each other? can you give me your email address or sth?
Hi Absolopute_boy9 and Habib2012,

Bye the way my email address is: npb1362@gmail.com
Please put me in the circle as well since I have the same situation and I am afraid that they are going to ask the same proof to prove that I will not reside in QC!
Thanks

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
nima2000 said:
Is it that easy to get acceptance letter for a program in management ? it does not matter what your major is?
IMO, the problem is not whether it is easy to get accepted to a management problem, but whether you actually want to do it. What's the point of applying if you have no intention of enrolling to begin with? How about Quebec Skilled Worker or Provincial Nominee? I'm not that familiar with Quebec specific immigration programs, but wouldn't Quebec students have a better chance with any of these?

websphereguy said:
Seems like they are taking a breather from processing med / doc request this week. Perhaps focusing on other things.
Ya, they're probably taking a break making document or medical requests, and start processing all the documents and medical reports that they must currently be receiving in droves. I just wish that they have been more consistent with the timelines of applications within the same stream.

If everything goes well, you probably received the visa roughly the same amount of time with earlier applicants, but there is a huge psychological difference between waiting 6 months after medicals, and waiting 6 months before, even if in the end it would take roughly the same time to receive the visa. And there is a huge difference between waiting for a year then get rejected, than waiting for just 4 to 6 months to then get rejected (a lot of rejected November applications knew their applications were rejected already by June or July last year, but rejected January applications just heard of rejections recently, after waiting for more than a year).

I would much rather know early that my application would likely be fine, even if the wait after that would be a bit longer, rather than waiting a long time to hear anything, guessing every waking moment whether things will be fine (let's say two applications both take 15 months to complete, one with a medical after 6 months, and the other one after 13 months, I would much rather be in the former situation than the latter).

absolute_boy97

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
nima2000 said:
Hi Absolopute_boy9 and Habib2012,

Bye the way my email address is: npb1362 @ gmail.com
Please put me in the circle as well since I have the same situation and I am afraid that they are going to ask the same proof to prove that I will not reside in QC!
Thanks
Hey guys, of course we can share all the info here. I think the most important thing right know is to see if even one person from Quebec can get through!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
absolute_boy97 said:
Hey guys, of course we can share all the info here. I think the most important thing right know is to see if even one person from Quebec can get through!
you guys should go to a lawyer together and see your options.

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
absolute_boy97 said:
I know couple of people who got PR while residing in QC. They applied under FSW but different categories and never asked for docs to show their intention, although the regulations are the same.
I think this is this ottowa VO that started asking this redicoulus intention issue.
I even asked a lawyer and was told that it's not so easy to understand someone's intention!

Generally speaking, it's possible but we need to be prepared for the time that will be asked for docs.

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
Guys I have a question, I want to submit the requested supporting documents to CIC do you think that it is wise to email a copy to them as well or not?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
aililia said:
I know couple of people who got PR while residing in QC. They applied under FSW but different categories and never asked for docs to show their intention, although the regulations are the same.
I think this is this ottowa VO that started asking this redicoulus intention issue.
I even asked a lawyer and was told that it's not so easy to understand someone's intention!

Generally speaking, it's possible but we need to be prepared for the time that will be asked for docs.
No. the regulations are not the same. Every year there was a new set of instructions, so rules are very different.

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
TyrusX said:
No. the regulations are not the same. Every year there was a new set of instructions, so rules are very different.
By the regulations I meant "Regulation 75(1)" which has not changed since 2002 to the best of my knowledge!
Although, at the same time that those people got PR, there were others that got rejection due to the same reason we are discussing here.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
aililia said:
By the regulations I meant "Regulation 75(1)" which has not changed since 2002 to the best of my knowledge!
Although, at the same time that those people got PR, there were others that got rejection due to the same reason we are discussing here.
that rule says, who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-30.html#h-37
Those friends of yours have probably shown that they didn't have links to Quebec even when they were living there, like for example, having job offers somewhere and not being at school. A foreigner phd student (in Quebec) in the middle of his studies has strong links to Quebec due to his link to the universities there until he graduates. So it is very hard to show that you be able to move away from quebec after you get you PR if you still have 2 years until you conclude your studies. I'm not saying that is impossible, just that no one has come with a working solution.

nima2000

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
TyrusX said:
that rule says, who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/page-30.html#h-37
Those friends of yours have probably shown that they didn't have links to Quebec even when they were living there, like for example, having job offers somewhere and not being at school. A foreigner phd student (in Quebec) in the middle of his studies has strong links to Quebec due to his link to the universities there until he graduates. So it is very hard to show that you be able to move away from quebec after you get you PR if you still have 2 years until you conclude your studies. I'm not saying that is impossible, just that no one has come with a working solution.
I have less than 1 year to finish my study, but I do not have proof or anything that can show my intention!
Even now , it is not easy to find a post doc position or a job offer, since I have at least 6-9 months to finish my study!
I can not think of anything to show them! I hope someone has some experiences in this case that can share with us!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
nima2000 said:
I have less than 1 year to finish my study, but I do not have proof or anything that can show my intention!
Even now , it is not easy to find a post doc position or a job offer, since I have at least 6-9 months to finish my study!
I can not think of anything to show them! I hope someone has some experiences in this case that can share with us!
Your case is a case that I think they would consider. In your position I would attempt to find any job offer outside of Quebec that could barely fit what you do, or want and also attach a cover letter saying you are about to graduate and give the processing time you expect to receive PR when you are actually already living in another province. Than when you graduate, get your PGWP and get the hell out of Quebec and let them know.

aililia

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012
TyrusX said:
One of them was student at that time and is still student (!) and is going to defend soon but he has a relative out of QC.

I'm working on this issue and trying to find a solution. Lawyers have different suggestions like having job offer, documents showing you are looking for job there, ....