App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gWxGbYxcCqytRvSERc4gL58EULpw?docId=CNG.712bac5a2e36c5ab3750c50d4058c01b.441&index=0

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
I received an email this morning from OttPilot asking for proof of funds. I am given 30 days to provide the letter.

JBR

Jul 7, 2010
I got the rejection letter today for lack of funds. For two people I had to show $13800 and I had showed $15000. Unfortunately $1500 of that amount I showed is in the form of guaranteed investment certificate from canadian bank and the officer has informed me that they wont take this amount into consideration even though it is my own money. I dont know what to do.

B

BakerMan

JBR said:
I got the rejection letter today for lack of funds. For two people I had to show $13800 and I had showed $15000. Unfortunately $1500 of that amount I showed is in the form of guaranteed investment certificate from canadian bank and the officer has informed me that they wont take this amount into consideration even though it is my own money. I dont know what to do.
Hi JBR,
I am so sorry to hear that. I think you have the option to appeal for that decision. I hope it will work for you. Do you mind if I ask when you submitted your Banks statement ? Did you have $13800 whole 6 months ?

mik11

Jul 22, 2012
JBR said:
wow, I have showed all my money (around 20K) in TSFA(Tax free saving account), Does it mean I will get rejection too? Should I transfer it to regular saving?

ASG

Star Member
Aug 18, 2011
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JBR said:
Seriously you need to appeal.
They should have told you earlier, or even asked you to provide more info since they didn't take that as proof of funds. You're pretty much 300 dollars short when they don't take the certificate, and how could you have known that this wouldn't work as proof of funds?????

Don't let this go.

Seems to me that when they opened this stream, they simply didn't know how to treat it, and that right now, they're looking for ANY reason to reject people.

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
JBR said:
I agree with other folks too. You should appeal. It is totally unreasonable!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
JBR said:

wow. This is so ridiculous I am totally appalled. Can't you cash that money immediately and send an appeal to them? If I was in your situation I would really consider getting a lawyer.

dj2009

Mar 1, 2012
dj2009 said:
I received an email this morning from OttPilot asking for proof of funds. I am given 30 days to provide the letter.
Is it enough if I just provide a bank statement showing my current balance plus the 6-month bank history? Or do I need to provide fund letter from my institution too? How about a cover letter explaining about the income and so on?

I would be happy to hear your advice and suggestion.

JBR

Jul 7, 2010
Thank you guys. I have asked for ways I can appeal or amend this situation. Personally this is really really unreasonable. Why should I not invest some of my money (in canadian banks!) to get interest?!?! why the heck are they expecting students to hold all money in checking account and nothing else?!!?

sarsanballa

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dj2009 said:
Is it enough if I just provide a bank statement showing my current balance plus the 6-month bank history? Or do I need to provide fund letter from my institution too? How about a cover letter explaining about the income and so on?

I would be happy to hear your advice and suggestion.
The bank statement showing your current balance as well as the past six-month banking activitiy history should be enough.

YNS

Mar 22, 2012
JBR said:
Thank you guys. I have asked for ways I can appeal or amend this situation. Personally this is really really unreasonable. Why should I not invest some of my money (in canadian banks!) to get interest?!?! why the heck are they expecting students to hold all money in checking account and nothing else?!!?
I'm so sorry to hear that JBR. Do you have your money in a saving account or it is a different kind of investment?

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
JBR said:
JBR you should probably consult an immigration lawyer. Do not let this go: this is beyond ridiculous! Stories like you make me lose hope with my case :( No chance it will work for me

Luigiovemma

Star Member
Mar 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
mik11 said:
wow, I have showed all my money (around 20K) in TSFA(Tax free saving account), Does it mean I will get rejection too? Should I transfer it to regular saving?
I have all my money in a TFSA too...I thought TFSA is different than other investment account since you can withdraw the cash at any time.

JBR

Jul 7, 2010
Looks like I cannot appeal. I got the reply now that investments are not transferable and hence cannot be counted as proof of funds. They are asking me to submit a new application. I am in no mood to go through this again. Good luck guys!