+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
dream2013 said:
Hello everyone,

I applied as a skilled worker/PhD stream. Today they told me that my file is sent to Warsaw/Poland. Question is why they've sent my file to Poland while I am living in Canada and applied from Canada??

Can anyone please comment; I really appreciate it very much

Thanks
You probably chose Warsaw as the processing office. Are you Iranian?

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PhdStream said:
Do they count our RA experience that we gained during our PhD. I have 3 years of RA, paid as so called "Graduate Research Studentship" by my prof., which is a non-taxable income. Reason that I am asking is, I am short of 1 points (to make 67) without this experience.

One of my colleague applied through CEC last year and got rejected stating that his RA is his thesis. Is there any cases like this with PhD stream?

Any suggestions, past experience would be a great help.
RA is considered as a valid experience for PhD stream. As long as your letter matches the lead statement and has a substantial number of main duties they will accept it. You can find successful reference letters in my signature.
Also, you should be careful about the number of hours you claim as we had a case that CIO rejected the applicant because of caliming full-time RA. (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicant-from-phd-program-after-5-nov-2011-connect-here-to-get-status-t87348.9420.html)

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream2013 said:
Hello everyone,

I applied as a skilled worker/PhD stream. Today they told me that my file is sent to Warsaw/Poland. Question is why they've sent my file to Poland while I am living in Canada and applied from Canada??

Can anyone please comment; I really appreciate it very much

Thanks
Most probably you have written your country of citizenship as the immigration office in section 4 of form IMM 0008.

dream2013

Sep 24, 2013
aidina said:
You probably chose Warsaw as the processing office. Are you Iranian?
I checked my application form; and apparently we've made a mistake :(( we've selected Ankara and did not pay attention to the fact that we are resident of Canada; we should have selected Ottawa. Warsaw processing time is 21 and Ottawa is 15 months!!

But it's now done :(( do you know how we can figure this out? asking them to transfer it back to Canada or .... !!!

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dream2013 said:
I checked my application form; and apparently we've made a mistake :(( we've selected Ankara and did not pay attention to the fact that we are resident of Canada; we should have selected Ottawa. Warsaw processing time is 21 and Ottawa is 15 months!!

But it's now done :(( do you know how we can figure this out? asking them to transfer it back to Canada or .... !!!
Considering the backlog in Ottawa because of the strike, I think you might get your PR faster if Warsaw processes it.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
beh467 said:
RA is considered as a valid experience for PhD stream. As long as your letter matches the lead statement and has a substantial number of main duties they will accept it. You can find successful reference letters in my signature.
Also, you should be careful about the number of hours you claim as we had a case that CIO rejected the applicant because of caliming full-time RA.
Thanks for your reply

Thats the tricky part. Coz I am pais GRS in a lump sum basis and no where in my offer letter as well as paystub number of hours work (per week or month or year) has been written. Do you know any case like this.

Are there anyone who went through the same situation?

Also do we need to have right amount (11115 for single applicant) in our account for 6 months ?

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
aidina said:
Yes, that is unfortunate. 4 month over the average processing time is unfair. There are only 2-3 Iranians who got the visa relatively soon who are in the first 7 people.
I totally agree with you guys and I am so pissed off as I was in the home buying stage considering that I will receive my PR by the end of summer and now I am still waiting. There whole attempt was useless :(
So do we need to go to the MP office or just call them؟ I do not believe that it is helpful but it's worse to try it. My due date was in August and it is already passed, I even paid my landing fee so just last step and it is ....

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samira sokn said:
I totally agree with you guys and I am so pissed off as I was in the home buying stage considering that I will receive my PR by the end of summer and now I am still waiting. There whole attempt was useless :(
So do we need to go to the MP office or just call them؟ I do not believe that it is helpful but it's worse to try it. My due date was in August and it is already passed, I even paid my landing fee so just last step and it is ....
I myself went to their office but my friend which is living in another city called them. You can google the MP in your area and call them.
You have been waiting for a long time after your medical. Hopefully you will get the PPR soon.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PhdStream said:
Thanks for your reply

Thats the tricky part. Coz I am pais GRS in a lump sum basis and no where in my offer letter as well as paystub number of hours work (per week or month or year) has been written. Do you know any case like this.

Are there anyone who went through the same situation?

Also do we need to have right amount (11115 for single applicant) in our account for 6 months ?
It is not important that you get the payment in a lump sum. Also, you don't need an offer letter. The only thing you need is an employment reference letter from your supervisor.
The letter must include lead statement, substantial number of main duties, number of hours per week and your annual salary.

Yes, you should have this amount in your account for 6 months.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Got my CAIPS right now. No change at all. Security not started which is unbelievable after 19 month. Criminality in progress. Due date is still October.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
Got my CAIPS right now. No change at all. Security not started which is unbelievable after 19 month. Criminality in progress. Due date is still October.
I got my notes today too. No change.
Eligibility, criminality and medical is passed.
Security is not started. Due date was September 6 and is not changed.

I will go to MP next week.

Holygun

Mar 28, 2012
beh467 said:

Just a quick note on your input.

Security checks never show up on GCMS notes. They will be shown as not started at all times. until everything is approved.
There won't be any trace of what they are doing on your file.
(but they can always forget to hide the info on security, lol)

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beh467 said:

Since we had observed absolutely no activity from them recently, I was starting to worry about their health. Now, I'm happy that they are alive and they are issuing these GCMS notes that insist security checks have not started.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Holygun said:
Just a quick note on your input.

Security checks never show up on GCMS notes. They will be shown as not started at all times. until everything is approved.
There won't be any trace of what they are doing on your file.
(but they can always forget to hide the info on security, lol)
Thanks for your comment.

I just want to go to MP to make sure that at least the security is started.
As I have seen in my friends notes, the status of their security is hidden which means it is some thing other than not started.

mehroonir said:
Since we had observed absolutely no activity from them recently, I was starting to worry about their health. Now, I'm happy that they are alive and they are issuing these GCMS notes that insist security checks have not started.
Since they are on strike, I think most of the officers are on vacation enjoying their life :D