+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Am I the only one experiencing this? Or is the eCAS system not working? It is not allowing me to login to check the status of my application. I have been trying for two weeks now using both the UCI and the application number with no luck. At first I thought it might be a glitch in the system. But now I'm so sure..

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
informer2000 said:
Am I the only one experiencing this? Or is the eCAS system not working? It is not allowing me to login to check the status of my application. I have been trying for two weeks now using both the UCI and the application number with no luck. At first I thought it might be a glitch in the system. But now I'm so sure..
I think you'll get a response from CIC very soon, it happened with me before then I received the PER email.

MJ2

Aug 21, 2012
Hello all,
I got one question on the work experience.
I am phd student and I received an offer to work on campus with my study permit in Fall. This offer may or may not be given to me for Winter semester. Can I say now that I have an "offer of employment in Canada" in IMM008 Schedule 3 form?
Thanks.

mana.a

Jul 20, 2013
Hello all,

I have applied for PR, PHD stream Jun 2012, I got my PER 7 June 2012, documents was requested 1 Feb 2013, I sent all documents 15 Feb 2013, but since then I have not heard anything. I was wondering how long more I should wait for the medical test?

Thank you,

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MJ2 said:
Hello all,
I am phd student and I received an offer to work on campus with my study permit in Fall. This offer may or may not be given to me for Winter semester. Can I say now that I have an "offer of employment in Canada" in IMM008 Schedule 3 form?
Thanks.
They are on strike now. That is why you have not heard anything. I think as soon as the strike is over you will get the medical request.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MJ2 said:
Hello all,
Thanks.
No, it is not considered as offer of employment.
You can read page 21 of the operation manual(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06c-eng.pdf) which explains what is considered as offer of employment.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
Hello all,

I want to apply for PR through PhD stream category. My concern is that my main source of income is a scholarship that I'm receiving from university (18k + 6k for tuition). On the top of that, my supervisor adds around 10K, which is not significant.
I am not sure if scholarship is counted as income and whether or not I can mention in my application.
Even if I want to mention it, I am not sure what the title would be and who I should ask to give a letter for it.

It is appreciated if you could share any similar experience and let me know if how I can include scholarship in my application package.

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
Hi all,

A question. I am currently outside Canada and will not return soon. I have applied for FSW PhD steam and I wonder whether the officer is going to send you all the correspondence in e-mail or by mail. Do they usually use mail? My worry is that I will not be able to receive their corrrespondence such as notice of health check.

Thank you,
Specialmary

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
I want to prepare a RA/TA reference letter for PhD stream. Who should write the letter? Supervisor, Department, or Graduate Advisor?

I am asking because my supervisor is flexible in the contents of letter but I do not think department officials are interested in permitting me to prepare contents of the letter.

Thanks in advance

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pyzdfr said:
Hello all,

I want to apply for PR through PhD stream category. My concern is that my main source of income is a scholarship that I'm receiving from university (18k + 6k for tuition). On the top of that, my supervisor adds around 10K, which is not significant.
I am not sure if scholarship is counted as income and whether or not I can mention in my application.
Even if I want to mention it, I am not sure what the title would be and who I should ask to give a letter for it.

It is appreciated if you could share any similar experience and let me know if how I can include scholarship in my application package.
I don't think you can put scholarship as an income. But still if you are paid by your supervisor, you can get a letter from her/him. The income amount is not important and the experience with previous applicants shows that as long as your letter matches the lead statement and has a substantial number of main duties they will accept it. You can find successful reference letters in my signature.
Also, you should be careful about the number of hours you claim as we had a case that CIO rejected the applicant because of caliming full-time RA. (http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicant-from-phd-program-after-5-nov-2011-connect-here-to-get-status-t87348.9420.html)

specialmary said:
Hi all,

A question. I am currently outside Canada and will not return soon. I have applied for FSW PhD steam and I wonder whether the officer is going to send you all the correspondence in e-mail or by mail. Do they usually use mail? My worry is that I will not be able to receive their corrrespondence such as notice of health check.

Thank you,
Specialmary
If you have given your email to them, all correspondence will be through email.

pyzdfr said:
I want to prepare a RA/TA reference letter for PhD stream. Who should write the letter? Supervisor, Department, or Graduate Advisor?

I am asking because my supervisor is flexible in the contents of letter but I do not think department officials are interested in permitting me to prepare contents of the letter.

Thanks in advance
Letter from your supervisor is OK.

samira sokn

Oct 11, 2011
mehroonir said:
Wow! You are an expert now aidina. You identified the only change even without looking at my notes ;-)
The due date has changed from 2013/07/28 to 2013/10/28.

What's the point of having a due date when they don't follow it? ???

One of the interesting things that is removed is the sentence I copied here previously! The one under "Notes" with label "Security" which said because my wife and I studied in different universities (before our marriage!), "comprehensive check" is required. Previously the sentence starting with "comprehensive check" looked incomplete. Now it is completely hidden. The label "Security" is also hidden.
It seems that we are all in the same boat. My due date was end of August but I have not heard anything back. My application also says the security check not started but so many updates and hidden parts which shows some processing. I also have that comprehensive investigation notes in my application due to my husband unisversity :( so sad hope to hear back from them soon. I am really tired of this process.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
samira sokn said:
It seems that we are all in the same boat. My due date was end of August but I have not heard anything back. My application also says the security check not started but so many updates and hidden parts which shows some processing. I also have that comprehensive investigation notes in my application due to my husband unisversity :( so sad hope to hear back from them soon. I am really tired of this process.
Mine is in its month 19, and no pass request yet. I am not even sure if they have already started the security check or not.

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
Mine is in its month 19, and no pass request yet. I am not even sure if they have already started the security check or not.
I will get my notes this week. If the security status is still not started I will ask the MP assistant to call Ottawa to see if it is started or not.

ahmadimo

Jan 20, 2013
beh467 said:
I will get my notes this week. If the security status is still not started I will ask the MP assistant to call Ottawa to see if it is started or not.
Hi beh467,

Could you please tell who is this MP assistant and how can we reach them?

Thanks

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Got my 3rd set of GCMS notes today. It was printed on the 4th of this month. Nothing has changed since the last set! Not even the due date!