+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadimo said:
Hi beh467,

Could you please tell who is this MP assistant and how can we reach them?

Thanks
Hi

You can google the Member of Parliament (MP) in your area and find their contact information. The MP s have an assistant which can call Ottawa to ask about your application status.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
informer2000 said:
Got my 3rd set of GCMS notes today. It was printed on the 4th of this month. Nothing has changed since the last set! Not even the due date!
It is good that the due date has not been changed.

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samira sokn said:
It seems that we are all in the same boat. My due date was end of August but I have not heard anything back. My application also says the security check not started but so many updates and hidden parts which shows some processing. I also have that comprehensive investigation notes in my application due to my husband unisversity :( so sad hope to hear back from them soon. I am really tired of this process.
Recently I met a friend who had applied in Nov 2011. He sent his medicals in January and received is pass requests 2 weeks ago. Hi situation was similar to us. Therefore I think you might hear from them in the next month. It's already 7 months that you have sent your medicals!

I'm not sure whether you agree or not, but I seriously believe their behavior toward Iranians can be considered as discrimination. They ask for much more documents and waiting time is way longer. If security check takes longer for Iranians, why on earth they don't start it earlier? How come that Iranians in other streams get PR much faster and don't have to wait for these long security checks?
I even met someone who came to Canada illegally. He was put in jail for two weeks. Then he was released and received Canadian PR!!! It seems Iranian PhD students are more dangerous than these kind of people.

Maybe we should share these with MPs as beh467 suggested.

yuw25

Feb 19, 2013
zoubin said:
CIO received my application on Jan 24 2013.
I am a Chinese, so I have the option to choose Beijing and believed it would take less time to process comparing with Ottawa.
Congratulations! I should have chosen Beijing as the processing center.

yuw25

Feb 19, 2013
hqdavidzhang said:
N_O, please update the information that i received the PER letter on 26 Feb.,2013. thanks
Hi hqdavidzhang, I received your message but I couldn't reply it. So I am posting my reply here.
There is no update on my status since I received PER from CIO.
Cheers!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehroonir said:
Recently I met a friend who had applied in Nov 2011. He sent his medicals in January and received is pass requests 2 weeks ago. Hi situation was similar to us. Therefore I think you might hear from them in the next month. It's already 7 months that you have sent your medicals!

I'm not sure whether you agree or not, but I seriously believe their behavior toward Iranians can be considered as discrimination. They ask for much more documents and waiting time is way longer. If security check takes longer for Iranians, why on earth they don't start it earlier? How come that Iranians in other streams get PR much faster and don't have to wait for these long security checks?
I even met someone who came to Canada illegally. He was put in jail for two weeks. Then he was released and received Canadian PR!!! It seems Iranian PhD students are more dangerous than these kind of people.

Maybe we should share these with MPs as beh467 suggested.
If you look at the tracker, in the February to April applicants 7 applicants have not received the passport request. 5 of the 7 applicants are from Iran!

I think for the Iranian applicants after May the waiting time after medical will be much shorter because the document request (CV/PhD info ...) for those applicant is done before medical request and security check can be started earlier. I think that is why Kuzey and Nevergiveup received their passport request in a short time after medical request.

I think going to MP may help. At least, we can know the status of our application!

mehroonir

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beh467 said:
If you look at the tracker, in the February to April applicants 7 applicants have not received the passport request. 5 of the 7 applicants are from Iran!

I think for the Iranian applicants after May the waiting time after medical will be much shorter because the document request (CV/PhD info ...) for those applicant is done before medical request and security check can be started earlier. I think that is why Kuzey and Nevergiveup received their passport request in a short time after medical request.

I think going to MP may help. At least, we can know the status of our application!
In the first 77 rows of the tracker, there are only 6 active blue lines, all 6 from Iran.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
mehroonir said:
In the first 77 rows of the tracker, there are only 6 active blue lines, all 6 from Iran.
Yes, that is unfortunate. 4 month over the average processing time is unfair. There are only 2-3 Iranians who got the visa relatively soon who are in the first 7 people.

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
Do they count our RA experience that we gained during our PhD. I have 3 years of RA, paid as so called "Graduate Research Studentship" by my prof., which is a non-taxable income. Reason that I am asking is, I am short of 1 points (to make 67) without this experience.

One of my colleague applied through CEC last year and got rejected stating that his RA is his thesis. Is there any cases like this with PhD stream?

Any suggestions, past experience would be a great help.

pyzdfr

Star Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2014
Doc's Request.
20-10-2014
AOR Received.
13-08-2014
Med's Request
21-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
Not Requested
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
Hello all,

I have heard that we should only include job experiences which we have previously presented while applying for study permit. Otherwise, they may not accept them or even they may say that the new job experience is not legit.
Do you have any similar experience?

Thanks

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
pyzdfr said:
Hello all,

I have heard that we should only include job experiences which we have previously presented while applying for study permit. Otherwise, they may not accept them or even they may say that the new job experience is not legit.

Thanks
As far as I know, this is true for the CEC, especially applicants of this year. I don't believe this applies to the FSW.

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
pyzdfr said:
No, it is valid. You just need to submit proper proof of your work experience, including a detailed letter of reference with the lead statement and duties matching NOC 4012. informer2000 is right---it only does not work for the CEC stream.

dream2013

Sep 24, 2013
Hello everyone,

I applied as a skilled worker/PhD stream. Today they told me that my file is sent to Warsaw/Poland. Question is why they've sent my file to Poland while I am living in Canada and applied from Canada??

Can anyone please comment; I really appreciate it very much

Thanks