08-20-2013
Nomination.....
03-05-2014
AOR Received.
04-30-2014
Med's Request
04-30-2014
TyrusX said:
You are limited to your bachelors, so only 15 or 16 years of completed education?
Well, in that case, yes...So bachelors + 16 years of completed study, that's only 20 points right?

My common-law partner has a Master's degree from Canada, so at least I can claim that 5 point from Adaptability. I'm also confused about the statement regarding "previous study in Canada"...Anyways, I did claim 3 years of RA experiences. I got a letter from HR confirming the length and salary for the RA, and also asked my supervisor to write a letter stating my main duties and working hours (40/week). Hopefully that's good enough to verify my work experience?

I wasn't thinking too much about the points before, but now I'm kind of worried...

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Luigiovemma said:
Well, in that case, yes...So bachelors + 16 years of completed study, that's only 20 points right?

My common-law partner has a Master's degree from Canada, so at least I can claim that 5 point from Adaptability. I'm also confused about the statement regarding "previous study in Canada"...Anyways, I did claim 3 years of RA experiences. I got a letter from HR confirming the length and salary for the RA, and also asked my supervisor to write a letter stating my main duties and working hours (40/week). Hopefully that's good enough to verify my work experience?

I wasn't thinking too much about the points before, but now I'm kind of worried...
IF they accept your 3 years of work experience you should be alright.

30pixie

Mar 29, 2012
Thanks websphereguy! I read that too yesterday. I feel bad for those people that were waiting for so long, but am also hopeful for us :) 12 months would be great! I

Asbereth, thanks for your comment too. I didn't know that the 22 months were set after hearing from the Visa Office, that's sneaky of them! :p

websphereguy said:
30pixie, its true that Buffalo has a history of being slow. But as TyrusX posted earlier and if you do some googling on "immigration, budget news" in Canada, you will notice that the recent announcement with regards to the budget 2012 says that they are going to eliminate all prior applications before 2008 to simply clear the backlog of applications. This would mean that resources can be refocus to other areas. Hopefully it is true for our applications too and that it won't be the average 22mths as shown on the website for Buffalo. Perhaps it might be, say 12 mths or less, if I may be so bold.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
30pixie said:
Thanks websphereguy! I read that too yesterday. I feel bad for those people that were waiting for so long, but am also hopeful for us :) 12 months would be great! I

Asbereth, thanks for your comment too. I didn't know that the 22 months were set after hearing from the Visa Office, that's sneaky of them! :p
I know a guy that got everything done in 5 months, in a fsw1 on New Delhi. 5 months!Applied somewhere around october 2011. ND is superfast.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Hey guys, I have a quick question...
what details did you include in the proof of settlement funds letter that you obtained from your bank?...i am planning to show a SB account statement from CIBC..i guess both my name as well as my husband's name should be on the letter? What about SIN numbers?..and i assume it should clearly say it's for immigration purposes correct?..can someone give me the exact wordings? ;D

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
I got 12 points from IELTS, and I don't think I can get 16 if I take another test. I depends on how many years of my work experiences will be counted. Currently, I only count the TA and RA for more than 1 but less than 2 years. As I consider, if a Phd student who is single and has no other work experience, his points cannot exceed 67 a lot.

TyrusX said:
Can't you find 5 points elsewhere? IELTS? My University is advising people with least than 68 points not to apply given that amount of rejections they have been getting.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
anjuku said:
what details did you include in the proof of settlement funds letter that you obtained from your bank?...i am planning to show a SB account statement from CIBC..i guess both my name as well as my husband's name should be on the letter? What about SIN numbers?..and i assume it should clearly say it's for immigration purposes correct?..can someone give me the exact wordings? ;D
Go to the bank and tell them. They know what to do.

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
I got two bank statements from BMO and TD. They are totally different. BMO only provide a letter about the total amount of money in your account, while TD can provide a more detailed letter. No Sin numbers and no indications about immigration are on the letters. Actually, this is only a proof of funds, so there is nothing special for PR application on it. Could an account has two owners?

anjuku said:

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
TyrusX said:
Go to the bank and tell them. They know what to do.
did they clearly write "for immigration purposes" on ur letter??

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
jackson2209 said:
I got two bank statements from BMO and TD. They are totally different. BMO only provide a letter about the total amount of money in your account, while TD can provide a more detailed letter. No Sin numbers and no indications about immigration are on the letters. Actually, this is only a proof of funds, so there is nothing special for PR application on it. Could an account has two owners?
thanks jackson..that was helpful :D

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
anjuku said:
I consolidated my funds into a single account and went to the bank to get a statement. I did it with RBC and they issued a piece of paper with an official RBC chop. I only have to pay $5. But the other option is you can print it through your online banking portal. But for me, I was afraid that it wasn't a good enough proof if I were to simply print it out. That's why I did the over the counter option.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
anjuku said:
did they clearly write "for immigration purposes" on ur letter??
Nops. But it has your name, you branch and account number, and it is very complete.
And ATM thing is not enough.

Guys, We have almost everyone in the spreadsheet with all the nationalities. It is tough to say anything so far. Everything seems very random. Obviously, we have a huge number of Asian applicants, we only me and another person from The Americas.
ALSO, we are almost 5 months into the FSW3 and still no one received AOR!!

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
Nops. But it has your name, you branch and account number, and it is very complete.
And ATM thing is not enough.

Guys, We have almost everyone in the spreadsheet with all the nationalities. It is tough to say anything so far. Everything seems very random. Obviously, we have a huge number of Asian applicants, we only me and another person from The Americas.
ALSO, we are almost 5 months into the FSW3 and still no one received AOR!!
I guess, things will slowly start to pick now, so will have wait a little. Don't forget, spring break wasn't too long ago.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
I read in a CBC commentary that CIC loves the current situation right now - where European countries are experience big inflation and reduced economy which is forcing their youths to find work elsewhere (particularly Canada). The commentary when on to say that they love Europeans the most simply because they find that they have the best chances for integration. So my friends, with 479/1000 applications, our app tracker doesn't do justice to the ratio. I'm pretty sure we have alot of European applicants as well.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
I read in a CBC commentary that CIC loves the current situation right now - where European countries are experience big inflation and reduced economy which is forcing their youths to find work elsewhere (particularly Canada). The commentary when on to say that they love Europeans the most simply because they find that they have the best chances for integration. So my friends, with 479/1000 applications, our app tracker doesn't do justice to the ratio. I'm pretty sure we have alot of European applicants as well.
Yep, I agree. I have to confess that when I came to Canada, I was completely oblivion to immigration. Then I went to Brazil in 2011 and I saw Quebec advertising on national television! However, there would be still fewer Europeans than Asians, just because most humanity lives in Asia! :p