IELTS Request
sent with application
kickass said:
:mad:
Even my application got rejected due to the same reason

Adaptability

TOTAL

[tr][td]

No points were assigned for adaptability for work in Canada or Study in Canada as points are assigned for: (a) one year of full-time work in Canada if the work is performed under a work permit in accordance with R83(1)(c) and R83(4) of IRPA and (b) study in Canada is assigned points for having completed a full-time program of post secondary study of at least two year duration in a Canadian institution in accordance with R83(1)(b) and R83(3) of IRPA.

No additional points were assigned for adaptability.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.

so friends could anyone help me out with this is there any solution????
I think they will NOT give us any adaptability points, given the amount of rejection we are getting in this part. The solution would be for you to get more point in the IELTS and the work experience. Another year of work XP plus 16 points in the ielts should give you 68 points.

kickass

Apr 2, 2012
I have gone through the website
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf
under that IRPA R83 (B) read the bracketed sentences under which it is mentioned that 2 yrs of full time study in canadian institution will earn 5 points for adaptability.Now i am confused with it
Please do help me with the understanding and the person whom i should contact in this regard ???

mike5182

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I got the same letter with carol_0130. I used a letter from Human Resources of my university, and it didn't specify my responsibilities and duties. I went to HR this afternoon, they said they couldn't add my responsibilities and duties to the letter because they didn't know what I did even I told them what I did, and suggested me to get a letter from my department. Does it matter if I provide the new employment letter from my department? Because the one that is in CIO is from HR. Thanks a lot!

carol_0130 said:
Hi, guys, I just received a long email from CIO. I am very confused about it.

For employers XXXXA, and XXXXB, I did full-time RA. I submitted all my employment contracts, and letters from the employers (showing my employment time period, position, salary). The weekly hours were not listed in the letter but shown in the contract.

For the TA experience in Canada, I just submitted a letter from the department saying that I have TA position in which terms and how much money; but I submitted copies of my TA with the letter.

In some contracts, they did not write specific responsibilities.
Does it because I wrote many words for main responsibilities in schedule 3 form?
How did you guys write the main responsibilities in schedule 3?

===== The main part of the letter is as follows:===============

Your application has been placed in to processing however the letter(s) of employment you have supplied do not provide sufficient information to complete the selection assessment of your application.

In order for us to complete the assessment of you application we require letters of reference from the following Employer(s) University of XXXX, XXXXA and XXXXB for which you have requested assessment on your schedule 3. Please note: work experience must have occurred during the 10 years immediately preceding the date of application.

Letters must include all of the following information:

The Specific Period of your employment with the company, (dates of Employment).
The positions you have held during the period of employment and
The time spent in each position,
You main responsibilities and duties in each position.
Your total annual salary plus benefits.
The number of hours worked per week and a summary of the total hours of employment and indicate if the employment was full time or part time.

The letters must be:

Written on Company Letterhead,
Signed by the responsible officer/supervisor
Show the company's full address, telephone and fax number e-mail and website address and stamp with the company's official seal (if applicable).

You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit the original employment letter(s) requested.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
30pixie said:
LOL I just saw I'm Chinese in the Immigration Tracker file! I'm Mexican :)
Ops! :p Ola amigo/a!

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
kickass said:

Points assessed

Maximum

Education

Official language proficiency

Arranged employment

Experience

Adaptability

TOTAL

[tr][td]

No points were assigned for adaptability for work in Canada or Study in Canada as points are assigned for: (a) one year of full-time work in Canada if the work is performed under a work permit in accordance with R83(1)(c) and R83(4) of IRPA and (b) study in Canada is assigned points for having completed a full-time program of post secondary study of at least two year duration in a Canadian institution in accordance with R83(1)(b) and R83(3) of IRPA.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.

sorry to hear that...i was wondering whether you ticked off the question on schedule 3 asking if you have completed a program requiring 2 years of study in canada..

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
anjuku said:
sorry to hear that...i was wondering whether you ticked off the question on schedule 3 asking if you have completed a program requiring 2 years of study in canada..
You know, I think it is better to say NO. I have left NO in that field, even though in the beginning i said we should fill YES, but it is obvious that they are not assigning those 5 point to to us now.

mkrp21

Star Member
Mar 13, 2012
mike5182 said:
Hi guys,

I got the same letter with carol_0130. I used a letter from Human Resources of my university, and it didn't specify my responsibilities and duties. I went to HR this afternoon, they said they couldn't add my responsibilities and duties to the letter because they didn't know what I did even I told them what I did, and suggested me to get a letter from my department. Does it matter if I provide the new employment letter from my department? Because the one that is in CIO is from HR. Thanks a lot!
Hi mike5182,
I guess the letter from HR states your salary and working hours only. They usually dont mention the responsibilities (obviously because they dont have any idea about your duties and responsibilities. Only department or supervisor have this information). You can get the letter about ur TA/RA responsibilities from the department and/OR supervisor. Probably department can give you a letter about your responsibilities as TA and supervisor can give you a letter about your responsibilies as RA. Or you may get both letters from one place (department or supervisor). Good Luck

GeoCanadian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Doc's Request.
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
PER receieved on 05-APR-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application (band 8.5)
File Transfer...
Transferred from Buffelo to Ottawa
Med's Request
10-05-2013
Med's Done....
24-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 19, 2013
LANDED..........
December 6, 2013
Hi all,

Those of you who have received PER (Sydney, NS, CIO) via email, what is the email address you see in the "From" field? Was it deposited in your "inbox" or "junk" mailbox? I am worried that i may miss the email somehow... :)

Thanks...

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
kickass said:

kickass, I'm very sorry to hear that. It is a bummer that they went out of the way saying that a degree or a credential is not required, misleading a number of applicants into thinking that just studying for two years would be enough, only to later say that the program needs to be completed (most people would associate obtaining a credential with completing a program, so when they said you need not obtain a credential, I'm assuming that most people would assume that just studying would be enough). As TyrusX, just re-apply as soon as you get at least 3,900 hours, and try to do better in IELTS to get 6 more points (so you'd get 68 points in total). Or, wait until you graduate (thus, having completed the PhD program), then apply again since you'd definitely get the required 5 adaptability points.

GeoCanadian said:
Hi all,

Those of you who have received PER (Sydney, NS, CIO) via email, what is the email address you see in the "From" field? Was it deposited in your "inbox" or "junk" mailbox? I am worried that i may miss the email somehow... :)

Thanks...
Hi GeoCanadian, it was FSW-Centralized_Intake-Office @ cic.gc.ca

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
Sorry to hear that. How many ta and ra hours do you have ? Why did you only get the minimum points for work experience?

quote author=kickass link=topic=87348.msg1377196#msg1377196 date=1333390400]

Points assessed

Maximum

Education

Official language proficiency

Arranged employment

Experience

Adaptability

TOTAL

[tr][td]

[/quote]

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
I've seen a case put up in trackitt.com, where the individual submitted his app on April 2010, got his PER in Jul 2010 but only got an AOR in Dec 2010. He applied as a FSW but at that time there wasn't a PhD track. He's case is still on although it seems that he just got a request for medical. But the point is it was Buffalo and it took more than a year. Wow!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
I've seen a case put up in trackitt.com, where the individual submitted his app on April 2010, got his PER in Jul 2010 but only got an AOR in Dec 2010. He applied as a FSW but at that time there wasn't a PhD track. He's case is still on although it seems that he just got a request for medical. But the point is it was Buffalo and it took more than a year. Wow!

Yep. I think we are F*(#ED. Almost 40 days since we got our first PER and no AOR so far.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
Yep. I think we are F*(#ED. Almost 40 days since we got our first PER and no AOR so far.
Ya, it's crazy. Applicants with early March PER have started receiving PER from NDVO, and Buffalo has yet to issue a single one :(