Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
tahhiir said:
Thanks N_O,

I am not sure that they accepted my TA/RA.. However, I have proactively sent TA/RA and my bank history of more than six months.
Nationality: Pakistan
No. of applicants: 2
You're welcome!
So no document request as you sent the POF proactively?

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
asbereth said:
After FA01772 made their final decision on your selection factor assessment, there should be a note on security, which states that there is no A34/35 or 37 concerns.

I believe that this corresponded to the time my security background check was concluded (having the security value changed from "Not Started" to then blank, and that was the last time anything was being done to security), which was interesting, since my security background check seems to have been concluded before eligibility was even passed (after selection factor, but before assessments of funds)!!!

kg.jadu, your background check seems to have been concluded too then. I forgot, but did you say that criminality has already been concluded as well? Have you provided a valid FBI police certificate (especially since you are now living the States)?
No, there was nothing like that on my notes. My security check was initiated by FA01772 on the day my eligibility assessment was completed. I believe it was started so late because my due dates were messed up due to a rejection in 2012.

All other checks (criminality, selection, and hopefully, medical) are completed. I am waiting for the third set of my GCMS notes to confirm that.

As for the FBI certificate, I don't need it, because I have lived in the U.S. for only a couple of months, and I had moved here well after my application. But if CIC asks for it, I will definitely get one.

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anjuku said:
I don't think the visa officer is at blame in your friends case...because it explicitly states you have to show atleast 1 year of continuous work experience in the 10years preceeding your application date...so at the time your friend applied say july 2013 he MUST have met that requirement..whatever you gain after july 2013 is extra work experience uptil the date of assessment..the date of assessment can be 1 month or 8 months from July 2013 or even 1year or 2 years from July 2013...that really shouldn't matter because if your friend was rejected based on the reason you mentioned, it means the VO was not convinced with the work your friend claimed with his initial application too...that means your friend's case was not strong to begin with.. :(
No, they accepted his work experience before the date of application but not for the time between the application and assessment! He got rejected after because of not meeting the 67 point!

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
zorroo said:
No, they accepted his work experience before the date of application but not for the time between the application and assessment! He got rejected after because of not meeting the 67 point!
why would your friend have to rely on the work experience gained between the time of application and the assessment dates?...he should be able to qualify the 67 points with just the work experience at the time of application (meaning experience gained in the 10 years preceeding his application date)...so there is no way his appeal will stand...!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anjuku said:
why would your friend have to rely on the work experience gained between the time of application and the assessment dates?...he should be able to qualify the 67 points with just the work experience at the time of application (meaning experience gained in the 10 years preceeding his application date)...so there is no way his appeal will stand...!
But according to OP 6B, they should consider the work experience between application and assessment.
I think maybe the only way which may help is going to MP and asking them to call Ottawa to reconsider the case

kg.jadu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Dear fellow forum users,

Me and N_O created a document containing successful reference letters for the PhD stream. It is available at http://goo.gl/47qIZF. I also included the link into my signature, and hopefully, some of you will do that, too, to help each other locate critical information faster. This shared document is intended to help people prepare/update the letters of reference and reduce the rate of rejections. Please contact me or N_O to have your letter of reference added to the document if you wish so.

-kg.jadu

NeverGiveUp

Star Member
Mar 26, 2013
kg.jadu said:
Dear fellow forum users,

Me and N_O created a document containing successful reference letters for the PhD stream. It is available at http://goo.gl/47qIZF. I also included the link into my signature, and hopefully, some of you will do that, too, to help each other locate critical information faster. This shared document is intended to help people prepare/update the letters of reference and reduce the rate of rejections. Please contact me or N_O to have your letter of reference added to the document if you wish so.

-kg.jadu
Well done! I appreciate your kindness, thanks.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
beh467 said:
But according to OP 6B, they should consider the work experience between application and assessment.
I think maybe the only way which may help is going to MP and asking them to call Ottawa to reconsider the case
yes i understand that....but what if they happen to assess your file a month after you submit your application?...you should be able to qualify with just the work experience you provided at the time of applications and be able to meet the qualifying 67 points ...you can't say "but i was relying on the work experience gained from the date of application to the date of assessment"...i just think it makes your case all the more weak especially if you are going to legally challenge a rejection!

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kg.jadu said:
Dear fellow forum users,

-kg.jadu
Good job guys, this is very valuable :)

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anjuku said:
yes i understand that....but what if they happen to assess your file a month after you submit your application?...you should be able to qualify with just the work experience you provided at the time of applications and be able to meet the qualifying 67 points ...you can't say "but i was relying on the work experience gained from the date of application to the date of assessment"...i just think it makes your case all the more weak especially if you are going to legally challenge a rejection!
I agree with you that no one should rely on this to qualify. In fact, if you don't qualify for 67 points at the time of application, CIO will reject you.
At the time that I was applying, I thought that they will give the adaptability points for the previous study (The CIO was giving the adaptability point that time) which later we realized that Ottawa will not. The other problem is that you submit work experience letters at the time of application which qualifies you for 67 points. But it is possible that they don't accept all your work experience reference letters at the time of final assessment. Updating the work experience between application and assessment gives you a chance to cover these and according to OP 6B, they must consider the updated work experience.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
beh467 said:
I agree with you that no one should rely on this to qualify. In fact, if you don't qualify for 67 points at the time of application, CIO will reject you.
At the time that I was applying, I thought that they will give the adaptability points for the previous study (The CIO was giving the adaptability point that time) which later we realized that Ottawa will not. The other problem is that you submit work experience letters at the time of application which qualifies you for 67 points. But it is possible that they don't accept all your work experience reference letters at the time of final assessment. Updating the work experience between application and assessment gives you a chance to cover these and according to OP 6B, they must consider the updated work experience.
Pursuant to R77 (both the old and the current ones),

the requirements and criteria set out in sections 75 and 76 must be met at the time an application for a permanent resident visa is made as well as at the time the visa is issued
I think what really happens here is that the requirement of at least one continuous year of full-time work experience (R75.2(a)) would have to be met at the date of application as well.

The reason why updated work experience letters have worked so far is probably because they have mostly not interfered with the ability of the applicants to meet the minimum requirements (as far as the number of hours is concerned), and since they must consider any documentation that is submitted between the date of application and the date of assessment, they have to consider the claimed work experience after taking into account the updated descriptions.

Work experience that you have not claimed at the time of application would probably not be counted, even if you submit an updated work experience before your file gets assessed, if it means that the applicant won't be able to meet the minimum work experience requirements at the time of submission.

MJ2

Aug 21, 2012
Guys I came to a question regardin R75 (2.1)
This regulation reads that
"If a professional body has been designated for the primary occupation identified by the foreign national in their application, the foreign diploma, certificate or credential submitted by the foreign national must be relevant to that occupation"
So, my first question is that if there is any professional body for NOC4012?
Also, let's say I got my Msc in Mech Eng. Is my master's degree "RELEVANT" to NOC4012?

Thanks,

Jul 12, 2013
anjuku said:
"points are awarded to an applicant for experience gained in the 10 years preceding the date of the application"...this is correct meaning if you appled in july 2013, you can claim work experience gained from July 2003 to july 2013....
it is also true that CIC has to take into account "any years of experience that occur between application and assessment" meaning say eventhough you applied in July 2013, your file was not asssessed until July 2014, then technically you can update/add work experience gained within this 1 year (july 2013 to july 2014) while your file was in processing...
regarding your second question, you have to find the best NOC code that corresponds with the work you are claiming...mind you, for each NOC code they have a list of job titles accepted under that NOC for example for NOC 4012 you can use any of the following
college laboratory assistant
college teaching assistant
demonstrator, laboratory – post-secondary teaching assistance
discussion group leader – post-secondary teaching assistant
graduate assistant – university
laboratory assistant, college
laboratory assistant, university
laboratory demonstrator – post-secondary teaching assistance
laboratory supervisor – post-secondary teaching assistant
marker – post-secondary teaching assistance
post-secondary research assistant
post-secondary teaching assistant
research assistant – post-secondary
research assistant, university
teaching assistant – post-secondary
teaching assistant – university
teaching assistant, college
teaching assistant, university
tutor – post-secondary teaching assistant
university laboratory assistant
university research assistant
university teaching assistant

Most of us have used RA-university /TA-uiversity for this NOC...similarly, you have to look at the NOC codes corresponding to your area (i'm not familiar with engineering NOC codes, so i can't really comment more on this!)

Now another key thing is when you chose an NOC code/NOC title make sure you have done atleast 75-100% of the duties mentioned in that category...the more the better....we can never say what they mean by substantuial number of job duties, but if there are 10 duties listed and you performed 7 or 8 of these , i'll say you are safe!..and i know that it's hard to have done exactly the duties CIC wants...but then you have no way out...it s CICs guidelines for assessing work experience ;)
NOC code 4012 mentions both Research and Teaching assistantship. Is 75-100% in one of them sufficient to pass? Let say you have done 100% of the duties mentioned under Teaching assistantship but 0% under Research assistantship, can you still qualify?