CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
Sure. I will, after I remove some personal information.
S_Govind said:
congrats !! could you share your reference letter if possible? did you ever update / proactively send them any documents?

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
aililia said:
I refer you to "hadikhan64" who was asked to present this letter:

"Employment Reference Letter: A letter of reference from your employer indicating how many hours are spent in each role: Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant, and PhD student. "

Why he was asked for such a letter?!

Is there any rule saying saying we should discriminate between RAship and PhD study?
it is reasonable for the VO to ask this question to anyone who claims 40hrs/week as RA/TA experience while being a Ph.D student....as a Ph.D student you are expected to put in 15hrs/week towards your Ph.D study which can include the time you use to do your course work, study for your comprehensives and so on...RA experience is the work experience gained through assisting your supervisor with his research...and it may or maynot be stuff that will be included in your thesis...for example i have done analysis on samples for my supervisor in connection with collaboration work he is doing in Norway and Portugal...this is not going to be a part of my thesis but i'm definitely getting my name on that paper when it gets published!..and also even the work you do as a part of your thesis may not end up being in your final thesis if your supervisor feels it doesn't flow well with the rest of the chapters or for whatever reason..but surely you did that work for him and were paid for it and no one can deny that!...
so bottom line it is our duty to make our case strong...if you submit only a letter from your supervisor saying so and so worked as a RA without any mention on the details and proof to support your claim like evidence you were remunerated for your work, you can't really blame anyone for your fate!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Seems like I am not fortunate at all for this PR thing. My Dr. has not sent the medical results to CIC after 3 weeks :).

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aidina said:
Seems like I am not fortunate at all for this PR thing. My Dr. has not sent the medical results to CIC after 3 weeks :).
Don't be pessimistic, You are almost there :)

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
dfbb said:
received passport request. We did medical exam last Thursday.
Congrats man, really fast. Did u paid RPRF proactively?

megha_Ontario

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
aidina said:
Mine has been pending over a month now. The doctor is on vacation. Unfortunately, the MR expires on August 1 (60 days deadline). Should I email CIC and explain the situation?

dfbb

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2012
Doc's Request.
04-02-2013
No. I did not.
kaziahmmed said:
Congrats man, really fast. Did u paid RPRF proactively?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
megha_Ontario said:
Mine has been pending over a month now. The doctor is on vacation. Unfortunately, the MR expires on August 1 (60 days deadline). Should I email CIC and explain the situation?
NO idea. They do not care at all. I am in my 17th month now, and still waiting.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
aililia said:
I refer you to "hadikhan64" who was asked to present this letter:

"Employment Reference Letter: A letter of reference from your employer indicating how many hours are spent in each role: Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant, and PhD student. "

Why he was asked for such a letter?!

Is there any rule saying saying we should discriminate between RAship and PhD study?

I have a friend who was rejected because of only one sentence in his reference letter "the research will be toward his thesis"!

Generally they follow the rules but they also kind of assess everything in your application not only according to the rules but also their own personal judgement. For instance, in which part of the rules it's mentioned that if you copy and paste job duties and descriptions you will be rejected? But they reject as I know some cases. Please show me this rule if you can find it!

Again, obviously you can work during your study and it's acceptable as a work experience in this category (not CEC), there is no doubt about it.
But I believe if you received money for a research which will be used in your thesis, that wouldn't be considered as a legitimate work experience and this is the officer's job to discriminate between work and study.
Agree, its common sense. Research count for your studies doesn't count for work experience. Reference letters should distinguish and clarify applicant duties for study, RA, and TA.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
megha_Ontario said:
You are okay as long as you have proof of you did medical exam before deadline. That is the only one important. Typically , DM gave stamped page that shows you have completed your medical exam.
In my opinion, you can email the page to CIC Ottawa, so they know that you have did your medical exam even if no results showed in your file.

zhougt

May 15, 2012
beh467 said:
Yes, this is the right address.
Also, you can email the employment letter and bank statement to OttPilot-Immigration @ cic.gc.ca
(For employment letter, I emailed the scan of the letter and then mailed the original letter to them)
Hi beh,

Thank you for the info. The idea of emailing them is also great!

megha_Ontario

Star Member
Jan 20, 2012
salem10 said:
You are okay as long as you have proof of you did medical exam before deadline. That is the only one important. Typically , DM gave stamped page that shows you have completed your medical exam.
In my opinion, you can email the page to CIC Ottawa, so they know that you have did your medical exam even if no results showed in your file.
Oh yes! Great suggestion. Thanks much :)

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am confusing about years of experience that occur between application and assessment. Based on the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, “take into account any years of experience that occur between application and assessment, and for which the applicant has submitted the necessary documentation (R77)” it should be accepted. but a friend of mine when appealed and refereed to this they replied that "points are awarded to an applicant for experience gained in the 10 years preceding the date of the application". which one is correct?
Another issue is about work experience for engineering (e.g. mechanical or material). Anyone who worked in these fields know that you do not simultaneously do design, study, etc and based on your job and your company you do part of these responsibilities. So, I am wondering how could one have done actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code which specified to get the points?!

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
zorroo said:
I am confusing about years of experience that occur between application and assessment. Based on the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, “take into account any years of experience that occur between application and assessment, and for which the applicant has submitted the necessary documentation (R77)” it should be accepted. but a friend of mine when appealed and refereed to this they replied that "points are awarded to an applicant for experience gained in the 10 years preceding the date of the application". which one is correct?
Another issue is about work experience for engineering (e.g. mechanical or material). Anyone who worked in these fields know that you do not simultaneously do design, study, etc and based on your job and your company you do part of these responsibilities. So, I am wondering how could one have done actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code which specified to get the points?!
"points are awarded to an applicant for experience gained in the 10 years preceding the date of the application"...this is correct meaning if you appled in july 2013, you can claim work experience gained from July 2003 to july 2013....
it is also true that CIC has to take into account "any years of experience that occur between application and assessment" meaning say eventhough you applied in July 2013, your file was not asssessed until July 2014, then technically you can update/add work experience gained within this 1 year (july 2013 to july 2014) while your file was in processing...
regarding your second question, you have to find the best NOC code that corresponds with the work you are claiming...mind you, for each NOC code they have a list of job titles accepted under that NOC for example for NOC 4012 you can use any of the following
college laboratory assistant
college teaching assistant
demonstrator, laboratory – post-secondary teaching assistance
discussion group leader – post-secondary teaching assistant
graduate assistant – university
laboratory assistant, college
laboratory assistant, university
laboratory demonstrator – post-secondary teaching assistance
laboratory supervisor – post-secondary teaching assistant
marker – post-secondary teaching assistance
post-secondary research assistant
post-secondary teaching assistant
research assistant – post-secondary
research assistant, university
teaching assistant – post-secondary
teaching assistant – university
teaching assistant, college
teaching assistant, university
tutor – post-secondary teaching assistant
university laboratory assistant
university research assistant
university teaching assistant

Most of us have used RA-university /TA-uiversity for this NOC...similarly, you have to look at the NOC codes corresponding to your area (i'm not familiar with engineering NOC codes, so i can't really comment more on this!)

Now another key thing is when you chose an NOC code/NOC title make sure you have done atleast 75-100% of the duties mentioned in that category...the more the better....we can never say what they mean by substantuial number of job duties, but if there are 10 duties listed and you performed 7 or 8 of these , i'll say you are safe!..and i know that it's hard to have done exactly the duties CIC wants...but then you have no way out...it s CICs guidelines for assessing work experience ;)

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
has anyone on this forum who recently got their PR travelled to the US with just the landing papers before getting the actual PR card...PR card processing takes 71 days as per CIC website and i believe you can do international travel by car, but not by commercial carriers like bus/aeroplane with just your landing papers/confirmation of permanent residence papers....i just wanted to make sure!..i don't know how many people who got their PRs through this forum are still following this forum..i guess i can always call CIC and confirm but we were planning to leave Monday morning and i don't think i'll get time to call them!...so any input is appreciated ;D