Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Re: Canadian Educational Credential

salem10 said:
I see how you discussed the topic. You converted it to a personal attack which only reflect your personality and how you are lack of supportive idea for your position. Agian I am not to critic any person. I discussed the topic in sake of opening our eyes to the whole system while you keeping attacking me. I respect Abreach who elminated personality in all his/her post.
To your mind, before I came Canada I holding 15 years of work experience, 5 years in undergrad teaching, 2 years undergrad student supervisor and member of admission and examination committee. In Canada, I have spend more than $350,000 during past five years in education and my living. I never asked for department or supervisor support. Now, I am working in position of Associate professor teaching grad students.
While I respect who don't use persona attack, many of you are very aggressive which, again, reflect their weak position and how they are thinking.

Anjuku, you are failed in a simple discussion test. You may asked this question during citizenship test if you are qualify.
First of all,"nice english" for a person who is associate professor..can anyone help me make some sense out of what this person has written, especially the last sentence?..citizenship test???what???

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013

kaziahmmed said:
Just let this guy to bark, its just waste of time........grrrrr
yes i know kazi...this is my last post in this regard..i promise ;)

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application

anjuku said:
yes i know kazi...this is my last post in this regard..i promise ;)
Hehehe no worries, if u r too much stressed with ur research u can have some fun with brother Salem. He is awesome ;))

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013

kaziahmmed said:
Hehehe no worries, if u r too much stressed with ur research u can have some fun with brother Salem. He is awesome ;))
;D ;D

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
S_Govind said:
A quick update folks- Jason Kenney is no longer the minister for immigration and citizenship. Chris Alexander was appointed to that post in a cabinet reshuffle last week I guess. I was reading the past posts on updating reference letters. I updated mine again a few weeks back and requested ottawa for a confirmation of the same and lo this is what I got a few moments back

Dear Applicant,

We do not confirm receiving of documents we have not requested.

Regards,

These folks are certainly weird..lol. Time to order GCMS again
This is what put my application in delay at least for 4 month! This CIC is weird indeed. I also asked for my CAIPS more than 45 days ago, and not received it yet. I sent them an e-mail yesterday, and got their answer that you never applied for your notes!!! This is while, I still have their automatic conformation e-mail :).

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
aidina said:
This is what put my application in delay at least for 4 month! This CIC is weird indeed. I also asked for my CAIPS more than 45 days ago, and not received it yet. I sent them an e-mail yesterday, and got their answer that you never applied for your notes!!! This is while, I still have their automatic conformation e-mail :).
i believe S Govind had the same issue as you and he got an e-mail to resubmit his request for CAIPS..but he got his "newly applied for" CAIPS back in a couple of days after resubmission...maybe you should do the same..you can always send them the tracking number they send in the auto confirmation e-mail to confirm you did apply for CAIPS!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
anjuku said:
i believe S Govind had the same issue as you and he got an e-mail to resubmit his request for CAIPS..but he got his "newly applied for" CAIPS back in a couple of days after resubmission...maybe you should do the same..you can always send them the tracking number they send in the auto confirmation e-mail to confirm you did apply for CAIPS!
I did that. They said they do not find it in their records, and asked me to re-submit a full request. However, apparently, they would release my notes very soon after my re-submission. Let's see what happens.

Judy_imm

Feb 12, 2013
I have a question regarding "updating reference letter". Reading the posts, I just realized that my letter does not mention the "lead statement" and my TA might not be counted toward job experience as I didn't have TA in the summer.

I really need your help on preparing an updated reference letter.
1. Should the letter again be written by department as my previous letter? Or can I get another letter only from my supervisor?
2. I sent my application in February, and since then my hours of work has increased. Should the letter include the additional hours and be up-to-date?
3. Our department does not give a letter for half of a year (I have 2 years and a half), they just write 40 hours for year 2012, and then they provide the list of my payments for 2013 without the hours. Do you mention in your email how much salary you have had or write "40 hours a week from 2012, and 30 hours a week (example) from 1st of 2013 until now" ?
4. How do you show the continuity? If my supervisor says its been continuous does it suffice?

Thank you so so much.

ConfuseApplicant

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Hi Guys, does an international student, with study permit, requires any kind of work permit, other than off-campus work permit, to work full time during an inactive term/semester?? Any experience, link/s, reference/s will be very helpful

I know this question is not relevant to this thread, but just curious if any of you have experience or idea

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Judy_imm said:
I have a question regarding "updating reference letter". Reading the posts, I just realized that my letter does not mention the "lead statement" and my TA might not be counted toward job experience as I didn't have TA in the summer.

1. Should the letter again be written by department as my previous letter? Or can I get another letter only from my supervisor?
2. I sent my application in February, and since then my hours of work has increased. Should the letter include the additional hours and be up-to-date?
3. Our department does not give a letter for half of a year (I have 2 years and a half), they just write 40 hours for year 2012, and then they provide the list of my payments for 2013 without the hours. Do you mention in your email how much salary you have had or write "40 hours a week from 2012, and 30 hours a week (example) from 1st of 2013 until now" ?
4. How do you show the continuity? If my supervisor says its been continuous does it suffice?

Thank you so so much.
I would like to answer few of ur question which I understood but rest of them leaving for more expert like Asberth or N_O
1. I have maintained the consistency every time in terms of issuing updated letter. So, if your department authority (e.g., department manager or head of the dept) wrote the letter for u previously, i would like to suggest do the same thing, update through ur department.
2. Definitely you should update the duration of ur experience ( yrs and hrs), may be CIC won't count the experience which u r submitting later but u can give a shot, it shouldn't hurt and if u r lucky enough may be they will count the updated experience. So, you definitely update ur yrs and hrs of experience.
3. I didn't understand this question clearly. But what am assuming, u r asking whether u should mention the salary within the duration of experience or not? If so, i think in most of us here just mentioned the total fund/year. I never heard anybody mentioned how much money they have earned within the claimed experience. So u just can mention how much fund u r provided by the university, how many hrs/week u r working. I think thats all you need. The most important thing is that your letter should have the NOC 4012 lead statement and substantial amount of duties which should match the NOC 4012. Please PM to beh467 for a standard reference letter format, his reference letter got accepted so far.
4. In my letter the department just mentioned like this way, he is working Jan,2010 to July 2013 continuously, worked 35hrs/week (it could be different in ur case). Thats how I have showed the continuity. But eventually u have to show minimum certain number of working hrs which is equivalent to at least 1 yr. Thats all you need (I am not sure may be u need more points if u don't have high proficiency in English or in adaptability).
Hope it helps. Good luck

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
asbereth said:
I think the PhD stream (and also CEC) applicants fit more into the mould of the kind of immigrants Kenney is looking for than applicants from any other stream :) I would say we can fit better into society, thus more readily contribute, than say, sponsored spouses of citizens or PRs, refugees, or even those who come from overseas with a job offer.
Completely agree, its not because I am also a PhD candidate but its more logical. Applicants who are coming as PR from other category has a severe lack of communication and struggle a lot to adjust with Canadian life. On the other hand PhD students definitely most potential ppls for Canada who r already adapted here in Canada prior to their application (after 2 yrs + over one yr painful wait) and can readily contribute contribute in Canadian economy. I have seen numbers of PR (who had applied outside from Canada) came here at age over 45 and basically come here for their kids future. After then they survive here just working in Pizza pizza or in Timmies. Now think, the country will get something from these kind of pplz once their kids will finish education. So I think Kenny and their panel took a very very smart and effective decision to polish Canadian economy.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
kaziahmmed said:
Guys I just got my GCMS today, it was reviewed by SL this time and my Eligibility Status now appear as "Recommend Passed", although they have reduced my three points from my previous assessment (73 before now 70).
Congratulations Kazi! I don't understand why they didn't consider your RA/TA experience! Now I'm worried about what I will find in the GCMS notes I'm expecting within a couple of weeks. :(

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
Judy_imm said:

Thank you so so much.
in answer to your questions
1. i think kazi is right here in that you should maintain consistency and get an updated reference letter from the same authority that issued your first letter. Atleast that is what i did. I got both letters from my supervisor only because it clearly mentioned in my contract letters for each term that for my RAship, my supervisow will assign my duties since he is paying me for the same. And also, in your cover letter you have to mention some justification for giving a second reference letter. So i believe getting both letters from the same person proves easier in this regard and avoids confusion.
2. You can choose to include additional work experience you gained between the time period of application submission to the date of your second letter. I was planning to do so but didn't end up doing that since it only meant more work for me in giving proof of paystubs, contract letters, tax slips blah blah and all i needed to qualify was the minimum 1 year of work experience. But i would recommend adding all the work experience you can think of, since we really don't know what they'll end up taking/rejecting at the end
3. I split up my pay details and hrs worked per term. I believe asbereth did the same. I did this because the terms where i don't TA, i claimed 40hrs/week as RA experience. The terms i TAed 1 unit, i claimed 35hrs/week of RA and 5hrs/wek of TA and terms where i claimed 2 TA units i claimed 30hrs/week RA and 10hrs/week TA. So in short, my total hrs for each term would come to 40hrs/week split between RA/TA duties. And as per my latest caips they accepted my full work experience.
4. Regarding continuity, i just gave the above split up with pays for each term in a tabular format in my supervisor's letter (i know that's a overkill!)..but atleast in one glance they can see i worked continuously as a RA for the time period claimed. But i agree, there will be a break in your TA since you cant TA 3 terms in a row. But that shouldn't matter since both TA/RA fall in the same NOC and you are always doing one or the other or both

hope this helps!

beh467

May 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Judy_imm said:
According to operation manual 6B, available through http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06b-eng.pdf, officer must consider any experience between application and assessment.

In page 28 of operation manual 6B, it is written "take into account any years of experience that occur between application and assessment, and for which the applicant has submitted the necessary documentation (R77);"

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
informer2000 said:
Congratulations Kazi! I don't understand why they didn't consider your RA/TA experience! Now I'm worried about what I will find in the GCMS notes I'm expecting within a couple of weeks. :(
Don't worry man, SL is not the final dicision maker. Although he/she didn't consider my TA/RA (my updated letter went to their office later May 24th, but they made the decision on 3rd May) but in note section it mentioned clearly by FA to consider my updated letter. So, i believe u guys should be just fine even if u see they do not consider ur TA/RA. Just one thing make sure that u have covered all those magical words in ur updated letter.
Good luck again to everyone and wish for me as well.
Kazi