+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

ryan_glory

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Dani1982 said:
I received my CAIPS today and it seems that they did not give me the points for my RA because of the famous "missing lead statement". I already updated my work experience letter on April 18th. SL review my application on May 5th and he does not consider my updated letter. It is weird because in my previous application (which was rejected) they awarded me 19 points for my RA/TA work experience but now they only consider my TA.
The same thing has happened to me. One speculation is that SL do not consider those updated letter and FA does. Or it might be the case that ottawa stopped considering our updated letters, which is so unfair and i think against the op.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
ryan_glory said:
The same thing has happened to me. One speculation is that SL do not consider those updated letter and FA does. Or it might be the case that ottawa stopped considering our updated letters, which is so unfair and i think against the op.
What I have realized from my last CAIPS, SL didn't receive the update letter while he/she was evaluating our points. If this is the case then I think thats fine, coz its not the final decision. But definitely if FA even doesn't consider that then it should be very injustice as u mentioned its against OP

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
kaziahmmed said:
but in note section it mentioned clearly by FA to consider my updated letter.
Kazi, where does exactly in your CAIPS FA mention to consider your updated letter? I can not find it in my report!!

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Dani1982 said:
Kazi, where does exactly in your CAIPS FA mention to consider your updated letter? I can not find it in my report!!
I got document request both from RK and second time from FA (mistakenly, they were missing my documents which i have submitted before due date). What i did, when I have sent my updated letter, i also send to FA (by replying his/her email) and explained the reason why I bothered to update my letter. I think he liked my e-mail text, it was very polite and was very logical. He copied the whole email and put in the text section of the first note and after then on bracket mentioned to consider the additional info. So, now crossing my finger they will also accept my updated letter, although I don't really rely on that since they already accepted my back home experience.
Good luck man, don't worry if u can see they attach ur updated document. I guess u should be fine.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
kaziahmmed said:
I got document request both from RK and second time from FA (mistakenly, they were missing my documents which i have submitted before due date). What i did, when I have sent my updated letter, i also send to FA (by replying his/her email) and explained the reason why I bothered to update my letter. I think he liked my e-mail text, it was very polite and was very logical. He copied the whole email and put in the text section of the first note and after then on bracket mentioned to consider the additional info. So, now crossing my finger they will also accept my updated letter, although I don't really rely on that since they already accepted my back home experience.
Good luck man, don't worry if u can see they attach ur updated document. I guess u should be fine.
Thank you man, I really hope so. They actually did attached my updated letter to my application and I have included this magical sentence to my updated letter: "As a research assistant , Mr. XXXX is assisting me in the following projects:". I hope this is what they are looking for.

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Dani1982 said:
Thank you man, I really hope so. They actually did attached my updated letter to my application and I have included this magical sentence to my updated letter: "As a research assistant , Mr. XXXX is assisting me in the following projects:". I hope this is what they are looking for.
Dani- what is your due date for eligibility if I may ask?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Dani1982 said:
Did you include anywhere, Mr. X is assisting university prof/faculty?????? i found in the note section when SL didn't accept my TA/RA, he mentioned there is no indication that PA assisted a faculty.....which is the lead statement of NOC-4012, PLZ MAKE SURE U HAVE THESE SENTENSE, U HAVE TO HAVE THESE WORDS.......ASSISTING UNIVERSITY PROF (NOT ONLY ASSISTING THIS PROJECT).
Sorry for making u stressful but it always sad to see bad decision and I really hate to see this kind of decision even if it happens to brother salem :D

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
S_Govind said:
Dani- what is your due date for eligibility if I may ask?
My due date is is September 26, 2013.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
kaziahmmed said:
Did you include anywhere, Mr. X is assisting university prof/faculty?????? i found in the note section when SL didn't accept my TA/RA, he mentioned there is no indication that PA assisted a faculty.....which is the lead statement of NOC-4012, PLZ MAKE SURE U HAVE THESE SENTENSE, U HAVE TO HAVE THESE WORDS.......ASSISTING UNIVERSITY PROF (NOT ONLY ASSISTING THIS PROJECT).
Sorry for making u stressful but it always sad to see bad decision and I am really hate to see this decision even if it happens to brother salem :D
Actually I am involving in 3 different projects as a research assistant (only one of them is my PhD thesis) so the template of my letter is as follow :
"
As a research assistant , Mr. XXXX is assisting me in the following projects :

name of the project : details
goal of the project : details
my duties and responsibilities : details
results and publications : details

and the same for other two projects
"

do you see any problem? I was thinking maybe I have to change the lead statement to "Mr. XXXX is assisting me in the research activities of the following projects:" what do you think?

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Dani1982 said:
Actually I am involving in 3 different projects as a research assistant (only one of them is my PhD thesis) so the template of my letter is as follow :
"
As a research assistant , Mr. XXXX is assisting me in the following projects :

name of the project : details
goal of the project : details
my duties and responsibilities : details
results and publications : details

and the same for other two projects
"

do you see any problem? I was thinking maybe I have to change the lead statement to "Mr. XXXX is assisting me in the research activities of the following projects:" what do you think?
To me it looks fine, u don't need to change anything coz its clearly indicates that u r assisting a university prof (since ur prof is saying Mr. X is assisting me). I think u should be fine. But still I request Asbereth, N_O and Anjuku to have a look.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
This is what put my application in delay at least for 4 month! This CIC is weird indeed. I also asked for my CAIPS more than 45 days ago, and not received it yet. I sent them an e-mail yesterday, and got their answer that you never applied for your notes!!! This is while, I still have their automatic conformation e-mail :).
Quote you temporary request tracking number in your email. I did not receive mine too until I sent an inquiry as they were so late, they sent them the next day!

saeedp62

Mar 24, 2013
Hello every one,

The thing is, I faced a challenging problem in asking my supervisor for issuing a reference letter for the RA experience I have had in his lab in the past 2 years, However he did not mention the working hours in my reference letter as a Research Assistant :'( which is quite mandatory to be eligible for work experience under PhD stream.
The reason for not including is that the university hires employees as a research assistant and there is no record of me as a research assistant in HR and As he is the dean of the faculty he is so conservative and would not issue something that there is no record of it.
It would be appreciated if seniors in this forum would guide me about what are other alternatives !
Also, If it is possible to ask for a reference letter with different title like graduate assistant or sth with the same duties as Research Assistant.

Regards,
Saeed :)

Sthind

Jun 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
4012 and 4021
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
Doc's Request.
July 25 2014
Med's Request
July 25 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 11 2014
Passport Req..
Aug. 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 19 2014
LANDED..........
Sep 23 2014
saeedp62 said:
Hello every one,

The thing is, I faced a challenging problem in asking my supervisor for issuing a reference letter for the RA experience I have had in his lab in the past 2 years, However he did not mention the working hours in my reference letter as a Research Assistant :'( which is quite mandatory to be eligible for work experience under PhD stream.
The reason for not including is that the university hires employees as a research assistant and there is no record of me as a research assistant in HR and As he is the dean of the faculty he is so conservative and would not issue something that there is no record of it.
It would be appreciated if seniors in this forum would guide me about what are other alternatives !
Also, If it is possible to ask for a reference letter with different title like graduate assistant or sth with the same duties as Research Assistant.

Regards,
According to me Research assistant would be the best title for your job as most of the applications the immigration office receive have this, so they are well aware of this possition and its duties. But if there is no possibility that you can convince your supervisor then graduate assistant would also work as you can see on the NOC 4012 the graduate assistant title is included. Hope this helps
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Profile.aspx?val=4&val1=4012

Jubayer

Jul 5, 2012
Guys, wanted to share my RA experience letter with you. Please let me know from your experience whether its ok or not. My friend used the same letter and got passport request today (applied almost 8 months before me). I got PER on Feb 25 2013. Thanks.
----------------------------
This is to certify that Mr. xxxxxxxxxxxx, Student ID: xxxxxxxxxx, Faculty of Engineering Science, xxx University, was employed as a PhD Research Assistant (RA) under my supervision from the period of January, 2011 to December, 2012. The breakdown of his job status is as follows:
Time period Status of the job
January 2011 – April 2011 20 hours/week
May 2011 – August 2011 40 hours/week (Summer term)
September 2011 – December 2011 20 hours/week
January 2012 – April 2012 20 hours/week
May 2012 – August 2012 40 hours/week (Summer term)
September 2012 – December 2012 20 hours/week
Over these periods as a Research Assistant, his responsibilities were as follows:
1. Literature survey and conducting research on various research projects.
2. Compiling and analysis of the research results.
3. Helping me for the preparation of manuscripts to publish in scholarly conferences and journals.
4. Reviewing various journal and conference articles.
During his employment period as a Research Assistant, he was paid around $xxxxx annually.
------------------------------------------

Thanks.

Jubayer.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
saeedp62 said:
Hello every one,

Regards,
Yes, this is the truth. Dean will never write letter that not 100% accurate. You need to ask for real work that you did beyond your thesis work. Experience that is not related to your research of the PhD program. Many people here are killing their TA and RA to the sky. In my opinion, this is a fraud and should be stopped. Please ask what actually you are doing and don't get inspire by people trying to make up large number of hours and any job title that might considered by CIC regardless what they doing. Look to the post by Sthind, asking you to look for any job title and collect job duties from HR description and paste them in your letter. Is this truthful. I keep you with this thought.