Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
I received my CAIPS today and it seems that they did not give me the points for my RA because of the famous "missing lead statement". I already updated my work experience letter on April 18th. SL review my application on May 5th and he does not consider my updated letter. It is weird because in my previous application (which was rejected) they awarded me 19 points for my RA/TA work experience but now they only consider my TA.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Dani1982 said:
I received my CAIPS today and it seems that they did not give me the points for my RA because of the famous "missing lead statement". I already updated my work experience letter on April 18th. SL review my application on May 5th and he does not consider my updated letter. It is weird because in my previous application (which was rejected) they awarded me 19 points for my RA/TA work experience but now they only consider my TA.
Did you notice they have recvd ur updated letter yet or not. What is saying in note section (I mean very first few). They also didn't accept my RA letter (which I have submitted with application) but in note section I have seen FA put a note to consider the updated letter, since I have e-mailed him/her my updated letter.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Re: Canadian Educational Credential

Nadees said:
Dear all,

I am preparing to apply under the PhD stream. I just completed my PhD last month. My official transcript now says that:

"Doctor of Philosophy Completed" Data:___
Thesis Tile:_______

Also, I have a letter from the department stating that I've fulfilled all the degree requirements and am waiting for the final degree parchment (convocation) to be granted in November. My question is as follows: Can I submit my official transcript as proof of my Canadian educational credential? Also, note that I do not have any other post-secondary degree from Canada other than the PhD.

Thanks,
Nadees
I recommend to you to apply as soon as possible if and only if you have a minimum of one year full time work experience of NOC type A or B. a letter from grad office saying you have completed the degree requirement plus sealed transcript is sufficient. You need to check how many points you are eligible for. A minimum of 67 points is a must.
I expect the PhD stream may will be stopped as there is many ambiguous is this stream including but not limited to TA/RA experience. Discussion on this subject was brought on the table last months, that CIC should wait until those student get their degree and some work experience. And this is really logic, because Canada will not benefit from admit students. Canada economy will benefit from people ready to go for job market not walking for PR to get OSAP or OHIP or other social benefits as many of student doing. Any way, I recommend you to check you points and send your application a soon as it becomes ready.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013

salem10 said:
I expect the PhD stream may will be stopped as there is many ambiguous is this stream including but not limited to TA/RA experience. Discussion on this subject was brought on the table last months, that CIC should wait until those student get their degree and some work experience. And this is really logic, because Canada will not benefit from admit students. Canada economy will benefit from people ready to go for job market not walking for PR to get OSAP or OHIP or other social benefits as many of student doing. Any way, I recommend you to check you points and send your application a soon as it becomes ready.
You expect the Ph.D stream to stop??..who are you the new immigration minister??...or the next in line to that post??...well the social benefits you are referring to are not something that only Ph.D students who get PR get...and for that fact i find a dozen PRs around me who immigrated on refugee grounds and other streams who sit at home, do nothing and get social assistance...so do you have anything to say for that??..and the canadian economy is infact benefiting from the research many of us do...most people work in the conservation, engineering/science and arts research which have direct implications to the growth/future of the canadian economy!...and why do you think many Ph.Ds get hired in pharmaceautical companies/industries and consultancy firms right after their Ph.D....i don't think it's because they lack "WORK EXPERIENCE" and the skills these companies are looking for... :p

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
proclivity said:
Hi guys,

I ordered my GCMS note online on July 16th. The automatic email generated by the system says that after my request has been registered, I will get a new tracking number. I wonder why I haven't received a new tracking number yet. Is it because I didn't submit any documents? But at least they would turn down my request. Any ideas?
Send them an email as you passed the 30 days, I ordered mine on June 6 but I didn't receive after a month as it was supposed, sent them an email with the temporary number the second day they answered my inquiry saying I'll receive it in the next email and I did!
Send your inquiry to this email: ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
kaziahmmed said:
Did you notice they have recvd ur updated letter yet or not. What is saying in note section (I mean very first few). They also didn't accept my RA letter (which I have submitted with application) but in note section I have seen FA put a note to consider the updated letter, since I have e-mailed him/her my updated letter.
They received my updated letter, They confirmed this by email upon my request in May and my CAIPS also shows that. SL even mentions in note 1 that "PA submitted 2 work experience letters on July 17th (with my application) , April 18th (which is my updated letter) but he did not consider the latter since I had the lead statement very loud and clear for my RA in the updated letter.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013

salem10 said:
You can say what you would like to say. This is the reality. Look to the subject from Canada benefit side. Canada will benefit from people who are ready to do work and contribute to the economy not people asking for social assistance and domestic tuition fees. Regarding to research those people do, they do it in sake of getting their degree. They will do it regardless of their statues (if they get PR or not). So, even their is benefit form this, this benefit will continue even keep them as international student. In fact, Canada benefit more form international students as they pay international tuition fee not domestic fee, the one you are running about. There is program called post-graduation work permit. Graduate student can stay and work. If they proof themselves, they can apply and get their PR.
I asking you to discuss the subject from neutral point-of-view not for your benefit side to see the reality and potential of this stream.
what actually is your problem?...the fact that you don't get these benefits and you have been a PR applicant for a long time?...is that what is making you so envious of the Ph.D stream PR applicants who are now getting their PRs in record times??...your statements are baseless...what makes you think we are not ready to work?...most of us work above and beyond 40hrs/week...we even pay taxes, EI and contribute to the CPP...so still you believe we are not doing "real work"...i pity your lack of understanding!!...you are right canada does benefit from students paying international student fees...but they have commonsense...they don't want Ph.D. students trained in fields that will benefit their economy long term to go elsewhere after getting their actual degrees...this itself was mentioned by the then honourable minister of immigration mr. jason kenny when he first introduced this stream...
anyway i don't plan on feeding this troll any longer...you can live with your frustrations but don't try to misguide people on this stream...since it has been proven beyond doubt RA/TA does count as work experience...!!!...there are many of us on this forum that can vouch for that ;D

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Dani1982 said:
They received my updated letter, They confirmed this by email upon my request in May and my CAIPS also shows that. SL even mentions in note 1 that "PA submitted 2 work experience letters on July 17th (with my application) , April 18th (which is my updated letter) but he did not consider the latter since I had the lead statement very loud and clear for my RA in the updated letter.
I think several members here can confirm, but SL's assessment is usually not the final assessment, and SL usually did not include the updated letter of reference. I think it was beh467 and anjuku who at first got rejected by SL, but actually passed final selection factor assessment (done by FA01772). Let's hope for the best.

anjuku said:
your statements are baseless...what makes you think we are not ready to work?...most of us work above and beyond 40hrs/week...we even pay taxes, EI and contribute to the CPP...so still you believe we are not doing "real work"...i pity your lack of understanding!!...you are right canada does benefit from students paying international student fees...but they have commonsense...they don't want Ph.D. students trained in fields that will benefit their economy long term to go elsewhere after getting their actual degrees...this itself was mentioned by the then honourable minister of immigration mr. jason kenny when he first introduced this stream...
I don't think PhD students benefit much from getting their domestic tuition status. While it is true that the total fees decreased, the amount of funding we got also decreased, resulting in roughly the same net amount of money. For University of Waterloo, UHIP already includes extended student coverage, so having OHIP (albeit for free) is actually a step down in terms of coverage.

The honourable Jason Kenney, as you said, emphasized Canadian experience for immigration, and this has been reflected in immigration policy changes within the past couple of years (since the first set of ministerial instructions were introduced back in 2008). He wants immigrants who can speak at least one of the official languages properly, who can easily adapt with the way things work in Canada, who can easily integrate into the society they live in.

I think the PhD stream (and also CEC) applicants fit more into the mould of the kind of immigrants Kenney is looking for than applicants from any other stream :) I would say we can fit better into society, thus more readily contribute, than say, sponsored spouses of citizens or PRs, refugees, or even those who come from overseas with a job offer.

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
asbereth said:
I think the PhD stream (and also CEC) applicants fit more into the mould of the kind of immigrants Kenney is looking for than applicants from any other stream :) I would say we can fit better into society, thus more readily contribute, than say, sponsored spouses of citizens or PRs, refugees, or even those who come from overseas with a job offer.
well said ;)

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

anjuku said:
what actually is your problem?...the fact that you don't get these benefits and you have been a PR applicant for a long time?...is that what is making you so envious of the Ph.D stream PR applicants who are now getting their PRs in record times??...your statements are baseless...what makes you think we are not ready to work?...most of us work above and beyond 40hrs/week...we even pay taxes, EI and contribute to the CPP...so still you believe we are not doing "real work"...i pity your lack of understanding!!...you are right canada does benefit from students paying international student fees...but they have commonsense...they don't want Ph.D. students trained in fields that will benefit their economy long term to go elsewhere after getting their actual degrees...this itself was mentioned by the then honourable minister of immigration mr. jason kenny when he first introduced this stream...
anyway i don't plan on feeding this troll any longer...you can live with your frustrations but don't try to misguide people on this stream...since it has been proven beyond doubt RA/TA does count as work experience...!!!...there are many of us on this forum that can vouch for that ;D
That's what I think too. Well said!

Can we somehow report this guy salem10 to be spamming our forum? I bet he is not even on the PhD stream... Just here to hurt people...

By the way, "salem" means "healthy" in arabic. You should name yourself "naqes" which means the opposite! :))))

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
asbereth said:
The honourable Jason Kenney,
A quick update folks- Jason Kenney is no longer the minister for immigration and citizenship. Chris Alexander was appointed to that post in a cabinet reshuffle last week I guess. I was reading the past posts on updating reference letters. I updated mine again a few weeks back and requested ottawa for a confirmation of the same and lo this is what I got a few moments back

Dear Applicant,

We do not confirm receiving of documents we have not requested.

Regards,

These folks are certainly weird..lol. Time to order GCMS again

S_Govind

Apr 15, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
15-04-2013
Nomination.....
01-11-2012 (Date of PER)
IELTS Request
Enclosed with the application
File Transfer...
01-11-2012 from CIO to CPP-O
Med's Request
23-11-2013 (RPRF requested on 22-11-2013)
Med's Done....
26-11-2013 Med's Received:06-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014, Decision Made:09-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014

Houra said:
That's what I think too. Well said!

Can we somehow report this guy salem10 to be spamming our forum? I bet he is not even on the PhD stream... Just here to hurt people...
I say leave him and his thoughts to himself. Let us not bother replying to his barbs. Peace !!

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S_Govind said:
We do not confirm receiving of documents we have not requested.
At least they replied someting! I have sent 2 emails asking them to confirm if they have received my updated letter, they never replied...

Houra

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

S_Govind said:
I say leave him and his thoughts to himself. Let us not bother replying to his barbs. Peace !!
But he is misleading people. Some new folks may believe him...

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application

anjuku said:
Just let this guy to bark, its just waste of time........grrrrr