+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

carol_0130

Jan 30, 2012
smallkick said:
Hi, I got a PER this morning.
I realized if you got a return it's not too bad, cause you got a second chance to update some materials, correct some mistakes, and also provide more proof regarding your work experience. This happened on me.
I encourage the folks who got NER or return not to give up and get prepared ASAP for your re-application before the cap is rearched.
Wish you all get PER soon and all get the PR visa by the end of this year.
congratulations! It is really fast !

Could you share some experience on the documents/forms related to work experience?

JBR

Jul 7, 2010
Carol and AST:

In your letter from the CIC, was any part of the mail bolded to highlight what is missing from the earlier employment letters you sent them?

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
carol_0130 said:
congratulations! It is really fast !

Could you share some experience on the documents/forms related to work experience?
Before I took the PhD program I had a one year's full time work experience. I prepared a work reference letter template/draft according to CIC's specification, and sent it to my previous employer for review/correction and signature.
So to avoid missing some points on the letter, you'd better provide a reference letter specification to your previous employer. And after you get the letter, double check it and make sure it meets all the specifications.

AST

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 29, 2013
Nomination.....
PER: April 10, 2012
Med's Request
Feb 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 26, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 27, 2013
JBR said:
Carol and AST:

In your letter from the CIC, was any part of the mail bolded to highlight what is missing from the earlier employment letters you sent them?
In my case, NO.

The bolded parts are "Letters must include all of the following information:" and "The letters must be: "

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
To mkrp21,

The letter from HR department says "Please note that Graduate Research Assistant does not have hours attached as they are paid as non-insurable hours". That's why I say the number of RA hours can be determined by the supervisor.

mkrp21 said:
Hi Jackson,
I am not quite sure about this. Should not it be a matter under human resource office?? In my university, University HR office provide us a letter and it decides how much we get per hour.

jackson2209

Mar 26, 2012
congrats!You made a new record, :D. I got all the employer letters from my previous supervisors in my motherland. The problem is, one of my previous employer collapsed and I lost some of the original contracts. Meanwhile, I don't keep any stubs......I wrote a short essay to explain my condition, but I am not sure whether the employer letters are convincing enough.

smallkick said:
Before I took the PhD program I had a one year's full time work experience. I prepared a work reference letter template/draft according to CIC's specification, and sent it to my previous employer for review/correction and signature.
So to avoid missing some points on the letter, you'd better provide a reference letter specification to your previous employer. And after you get the letter, double check it and make sure it meets all the specifications.

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
jackson2209 said:
congrats!You made a new record, :D. I got all the employer letters from my previous supervisors in my motherland. The problem is, one of my previous employer collapsed and I lost some of the original contracts. Meanwhile, I don't keep any stubs......I wrote a short essay to explain my condition, but I am not sure whether the employer letters are convincing enough.
It should be ok. I only sent the empoyer letter and my related work card photocopy to them. I didn't attach any contract/stubs cause I can't find them.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
smallkick said:
It should be ok. I only sent the empoyer letter and my related work card photocopy to them. I didn't attach any contract/stubs cause I can't find them.
Congrats smallkick, do you mind sharing nationality and number of applicants?

carol_0130

Jan 30, 2012
JBR said:
Carol and AST:

Just highlighted the name of the employers, "Please note" "Letters must include all of the following information", "The letters must be" (as shown in my post)

I wonder whether they did not check the employment contract?? because lots of details are shown in the contract.

carol_0130

Jan 30, 2012
smallkick said:
That is very nice!

Actually I copied the exact sentences of reference letter specifications to the employers, but some HR people still missed some points.

I intend to do the same way. However, would the HR person be happy about us filling the letter draft by ourselves?

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
TyrusX said:
Congrats smallkick, do you mind sharing nationality and number of applicants?
Thanks. I think I've posted the info. Anyway here it is: 2 applicants, China, work experience not included RA/TA.

Btw, the processing time of next stage shall vary largely according to visa office, we'd better track the submitted visa office too. For my case, it's Buffalo.

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
carol_0130 said:
That is very nice!

Actually I copied the exact sentences of reference letter specifications to the employers, but some HR people still missed some points.

I intend to do the same way. However, would the HR person be happy about us filling the letter draft by ourselves?
HR person shall be happy because people are usually lazy. Just let your direct supervisior confirm your duties/responsibilitis. The HR person should confirm your salary/work hours/working period etc.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
smallkick said:
Thanks. I think I've posted the info. Anyway here it is: 2 applicants, China, work experience not included RA/TA.

Btw, the processing time of next stage shall vary largely according to visa office, we'd better track the submitted visa office too. For my case, it's Buffalo.
I think it will be buffalo for everyone. The bad part is that Buffalo is terrible slow. Thanks for the info.

Shomo

Mar 27, 2012
TyrusX said:
Please Shomo, can you invite them to the forum as well?
I tried to lure them into this forum, but to no avail. Anyway, I'll try to update you guys on their situation. One of my friends got an NER last week and they have told him that he didn't have one year of continuous work experience. He has been TAing for two and a half year now but he has had one semester break in between (he got the graduate fellowship which is supposed to be a good thing, ironically). I know that he had some other work experience before coming to Canada, but none were continuous.